The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I'm in heaven (Manley style)
Old 14th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Talking I'm in heaven (Manley style)

Hi everybody,

Does this give me Gear Slut Bragging Rights?

Lauren Gifford's beautiful voice is recorded now through my brand new DAW front end:

Manley Reference Gold Stereo Mic > Manley SLAM! (Channel 1) with a little bit of ELOP > Manley Massive Passive (shape sound to taste) > Manley SLAM! (Channel 2) with Massivo on FET Limiter side channel for some gentle de-essing > via S/PDIF into Digi001

= instant bliss! yuktyy

Thanks for tuning in,

Oliver
Attached Thumbnails
I'm in heaven (Manley style)-laurenrefsgold.jpg  
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

All that into an 001? Kinda like buying a monster truck to drive to your next door neighbor's house, isn't it? (note my jealous tone)
Old 15th March 2003
I think you have definetly gone over the allowed outboard / pretty girl singer ratio that is curently permitted within Dallas city limits.

Old 16th March 2003
Lives for gear

lol Jules!!

Congrats on the killer rig, Oliver! So you are feeding channel 1 back into channel 2 or recording two separate tracks? In either case, sounds like a great chain!
Old 16th March 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

Did she agree to any straight on or slightly "off axis" shots? She's got me wanting to see the rest of her face.
Old 16th March 2003
Lives for gear

Cool path indeed!

hey Jax, Here ya go!
Attached Thumbnails
I'm in heaven (Manley style)-lauren-gifford.jpg  
Old 16th March 2003
Lives for gear

She's a cutie!!

Anyone have any clips for us?
Old 16th March 2003
Lives for gear

I'm checking out "Pensive Man" on her website and this is definitely top notch female singer/songwriter stuff. Interesting production too =)
Old 16th March 2003
Lives for gear

I think the piano stuff is the most exciting in these demos- and I can't wait to hear her voice through that manley rig.
Old 16th March 2003
Lives for gear

I did a google search and got to her page on "new music network" or something, nice work Oliver!
Old 17th March 2003
Gear Maniac

All right peeps,

enough drooling allready...rollz

Yes, this all is going into a Digi001.

One track vocals, twice thru the SLAM! with side channel Massivo on the second channel.

Don't have the funds yet to upgrade to HD. I thought I get her stuff on tape (hd) first in all it's glory and then I'll see where/by whom is going to be mixed.

We recroded the first piano tracks with the new rig last weekend and I tell you it's delicious. The Manley Ref Gold Stereo/SLAM!/Massivo chain is effin' awsome!

Btw, her website: http://www.laurengifford.com

The tracks on that site are recorded with my old chain NT2/dbx386. We can do slightly better now...

Thanks for all the praise. She is really something, isn't she? I am currently betting the farm on her...

Cheers,

Oliver

PS: Hey Jules, good thing I am located slightly outside of Dallas City Limits, that was close
Old 17th March 2003
Lives for gear

Good luck, Oliver! Let us know if/when we can hear that signal chain. Sounds like a real sweet path.
Old 17th March 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

Lest I should objectify a woman, she is a hottie!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search