The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I'm about to buy an iPhone Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 13th June 2009
Gear Guru

OK, so now, ALMOST a year after I posted this, I'm about to buy my iPhone! I'm excited. I waited so I could get the new version. I'm sticking with the middle, $199. Even though I don't exactly know what I'm going to do with the memory. It's not going to replace my iPod. I have my library on that thing. I'm not hugely, even remotely into videos. But there's always room to grow.
Old 13th June 2009
Lives for gear

Well, I love mine. I travel a lot and it rules!
Now I want the new model for the extra features...but I guess I'll wait a while for the price to drop.

Trust me, you will find new ways to use the thing every day!

ERic
Old 13th June 2009
Gear Guru

So, do I have this right? I can buy an application for the iPhone that can act as a little remote controller for DP, Logic, like my little Tranzport?
Old 15th June 2009
Lives for gear

i can control my computers mouse over a wireless network- that means

put the 36inch on and lay back on the couch and mix.

amazing.
Old 15th June 2009
Gear Guru

That sounds great. I can't wait. I think it's released on the 19th.
Old 15th June 2009
Lives for gear

I'll be getting mine as well once the pricing gets sorted out.
Old 15th June 2009
Gear Guru

What's not sorted out?
Old 15th June 2009
Lives for gear

The cell provider hasn't confirmed the price of the phone, or any plans associated with it. They have listed some items, but reserve the right to change them up until the launch date....

I'm only planning on getting the 3g 16 gig, the new 3Gs requires a Data plan, which I do not need....Wi-Fi is enough for me.
Old 20th June 2009
Gear Guru

I sure hope the 3Gs is better than the 3G, it took me 7 months after the 3G came out to buy one, it was not a money issue, they look so cheap looking, well I had to go see a 3Gs today, I have learned my lesson, I'm staying with my edge 1st edition, much better phone and battery. I do not live in a place where 3G matters anyway, thats 8 miles away from me.
Old 20th June 2009
Lives for gear

3g 16 gig ordered.....should be here next week.....
Old 20th June 2009
Gear Guru

Yup. I waited too long. The Apple Store sold out. I ordered the 16GB too.
Old 20th June 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
Yup. I waited too long. The Apple Store sold out. I ordered the 16GB too.
Thats crazy guys, our store has plenty of 16G, but they are all sold out of 8s.
Old 20th June 2009
Gear Guru

I wonder if I can change my order to pick up at store instead of deliver to home. I called and they said they get new product delivered 6 days a week. tough they can't say what will be delivered.
Old 20th June 2009
Gear Guru

I cancelled my order and went to the store and bought it. They resupplied. Salesperson was a friend of mine so I didn't have to wait in line.

Now I'll have to find out what all the apps are about. What are these apps for remote controlling your DAW and stuff?
Old 21st June 2009
Gear Guru

Isn't there some app for the iPhone that's a remote controller for DAWs? What is it?
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

I use Nuendo, they have a transport app as well.....
Old 21st June 2009
Gear Guru

Well someone needs to write a transport app for DPers. I think they have ProRemote and ProTransport that work for Logic, PT, and say they THINK it should work for most DAWS but it hasn't been tested. The Pro version is $99 or $149 or something and the cheap App is 7.99 or something. I'm still too cheap to throw away $8.
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

If it's just for start/stop/record commands, you might want to try this in meantime, till there is a 'real' DP app.

Mocha VNC for iPhone - iPod Touch. Free Lite Version.

Just zoom in on the transport section of your DAW.
Old 21st June 2009
Gear Guru

Thanks Geert.

On another note, why isn't there an app (or is there?) that allows you to stream music via usb, from your iPod through your iPhone headphones. Tis way you can have access to you 80 or 120 gb iPod library in the car, on the train, etc.
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

Pairing it with an Ipod that's a great idea that you're having there Henry! With an ipod touch such an app should be possible, the older ipod don't have wifi, so that would be a little harder.

There is actualy an app that can stream music from your music library at home, you do need to have a 3G network around you when you want to use it though.

The app is called Simplify Media.
Old 26th June 2009

thanks for the tip on Simplify Media - I got and it installed it works great - Very Coop App!
Old 5th July 2009
Gear Guru

Hey so I lost Safari on my iPhone. Yesterday I couldn't load any history URLs. And now the Browser is dead. Have I gone past my data plan limit or is there a way to reset it?
Old 5th July 2009
Gear Guru

Never mind. I had to reset it. Apple page manual. RTFM.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search