The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
If You are Gonna Buy New - Buy From Jon at Alto 500 Series Preamps
Old 11th August 2008
Lives for gear

If You are Gonna Buy New - Buy From Jon at Alto

For any of you that may have read some of my threads, I am a huge proponent of buying used gear, being able to get back most if not all of your investment if you sell a year later. I think this is vital to the likes of obsessed gear junkies that inhabit this place. We all seem to be constantly buying and selling something, trying just about everything out.

All that being said, when I do buy new, Jon Haber at Alto Music is who I go to. I get amazing deals from Jon and more importantly, amazing service. When I buy something, it's at my door in a few days. I wouldn't be surprised if Jon packed the box himself (I know, not likely) but that's the kind of service I get from Jon. Jon has a No-Nonsense Pricing approach, fair price for both him and me. He has the best price, the vast majority of the time.

I work in the service industry, and I know what good service is, Jon gets it, much, much more than most. Running that balance between having the right gear, pricing that gear right, and being committed to excellent service are all of the necessary components of what it takes to be successful in the gear dealing business today. Some guys around will hang their hat on service, some on selection, some on return policies, all good things, but it needs to be all that and more. With Jon and Alto Music, you will get the package. I’m not affiliated with them, have nothing to get out of this, this is just a satisfied customer's testimony

Give him a shout, give Alto Music a try, they really are the very best dealer out there in my opinion.
Old 11th August 2008
Gear Head

+1 for alto
Old 11th August 2008
Lives for gear

+1 for Alto. I deal with either Thomas, Anthony or Bobby.
Old 11th August 2008
Gear Maniac

+1 for Thomas at Alto Music- excellent guy to deal with!thumbsup
Old 11th August 2008
Gear Addict

I find this odd. I live in NY and have been to Alto's Wappinger's Falls store on many occasions. I don't think I ever got a good price from them. Maybe they treat out of state people better than people that come to the store.
Old 11th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Vinsick View Post
I find this odd. I live in NY and have been to Alto's Wappinger's Falls store on many occasions. I don't think I ever got a good price from them. Maybe they treat out of state people better than people that come to the store.
really?

i'm shocked every time i get a quote from alto. i even have stuff shipped out of state(tax) because i save so much $ with them. as with anything it depends on what you're buying. they can't cut deals on everything. my last purchace was a u87ai set z. which was well under $500 what other dealers were asking.
Old 11th August 2008
Lives for gear

+1

I've had excellent experiences with Anthony, Thomas, and John.
Old 12th August 2008
Lives for gear

I deal with Jon as well and he is incredible...Alto is the best in the game no doubt. They have saved me TONS!!
Old 12th August 2008
Gear Nut

I've bought lots of stuff at Alto.....they're great and I highly recommend them!
Old 12th August 2008
Lives for gear

alto music is really amazing.
the customer service and the prices are remarkable.
i recommend them to everyone.
Old 17th August 2008
Gear Nut

+1 !!!!!

i got my api lunchbox and 2 512c's from alto and they had the best price and were a total pleasure to deal with.
Old 28th August 2008
Gear Nut

even if you're not buying, dropping by the store in middletown is quite the experience.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search