The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
GREECE WINS THE CUP!!!!!
Old 4th July 2004
Lives for gear

GREECE WINS THE CUP!!!!!

150 to 1...those were the odds...and we beat everyone!...its a dream come true...too bad I'm not back home to celebrate... anyway, its time to get wasted...heh heh heh
Old 4th July 2004
Lives for gear

Greece is the word...
Old 4th July 2004
Lives for gear

Congrats

Hail King Otto Rehagel!!!

ruudman
Old 4th July 2004
Lives for gear

Congrats!

King Otto, check it out: http://www.rehakles.com/
Old 5th July 2004

Totally nail-biting final...

Greece had the defence completely locked down... Portugal didn't really get a look-in.

What an achivement for both teams though!
Old 5th July 2004
Gongrats!

I watched the first half at ta BBQ party then traveled home during the 2nd half.. Obviously I missed some good stuff! I look forward to seing some highlights!

Lots of Greek flags on cars today! It was very noisy round here last night!

Jules
Old 5th July 2004
Lives for gear

who would have thought ....
Old 5th July 2004
Gear Addict

Bugger it! I had money on Portugal.

Who'd of thunk it?

Cheers,
Tim
Old 7th July 2004
Lives for gear

Otto made all the difference...congrats to him...

Overal I didn't think we would win...imagine when Charisteas scored the only goal of the game...it was like...when I heard the massivo on Strings...tears came to my eyes...heh

...the funny part is that my very close friend (a true certified gearslut) is portugese and crazy about football...it was awesome!

anyway...that goes to show you "Never say Never"...on that note, I'm gonna spend some more time with the SSL 9K brochure...peace
Old 22nd July 2004
Gear Nut

it is really so unbelievable what greece achieved... congrats !!!

i was so embarassed that germany was so weak this time... everyone whould have said greece is one of the weakest teams...but to me they dont play "beautiful" like protugal or so, but they play with discipline...so that tells me...its not about fancy things...yyou need to do what you can do extremely good...

greece played like usually germany does...thats amazing...congrats again...

im looking foreward to 2006 in my homecoutry the WORLD CUP...

i love this game...i guess most of you are american..so arent so much in to soccer...but anyway...every greece : celebrate...!!!!
Old 22nd July 2004
Lives for gear

greece play more boring than norway,

norway per definition is the most defensive team ever..until greece came along.Russia won against greece..because they like greece are defensive.

everytime greece played i just turned of the t.v after 15 minutes,
too boring.

dfegad
Old 22nd July 2004
Gear Nut

too bad, they won against every team...ok russland not...but they were already qualifyed at that time...

even tschech which had the best team in my opinion had no chance against Greece... maybe holland would have...but maybe maybe... GREECE IS THE WINNER...

hate the game dont hate the player...
Old 22nd July 2004
Lives for gear

sorry but after the greece victory,the norwegian coach said " we can learn something from greece"

great.now all mediocre teams can play like greece and by wc 2006,you'll see teams standing on their own field,shooting the ball forward ,the so called " flo-pass",back and forth,just waiting for the other team to create a glitch.

Anti-football is not football.

England and chzech should have prevailed,tho ironically Englands defeat and disastre was created by playing defensive,after scoring goals against france and portogal,thanks to the svennis.
Old 22nd July 2004
Lives for gear

They won't all play like Greece - imagine France or Brazil trying to adapt that policy... And even if they did they wouldn't win. Look at the Italians they've been doing this for years and haven't had a proper result since 1982 (apart from 1994 where they didn't play like that).

The Greek result is a freak of nature - one of those things that happen very rarely. Apart from Denmark's victory in 1992 (yes, I HAD to mention that...) which btw was also a complete fluke, it's generally the 'old', 'big' teams that win these things...

If Euro 2004 has shown anything it is that negative football isn't a succes. (unless you fluke it and win the Championship obviously - and best of luck to Greece - they won because the didn't get beat... everyone else did). But generally: All the teams that made it to the quarterfinals (apart from the winners) were basically teams that enjoyed going forwards in numbers...

Now will someone please tell Patrick Viera that him and Zidane on the same team take up to much of the same space (France) and that he should really, really, REALLY stay at Arsenal..????
Old 1st August 2004
Lives for gear

The Greeks didn't invent the game ...(we had to leave some room for other cultures to invent stuff...heh heh )...the style they played was 100% German...boring or not its part of the game.

Yes portugal and the Chech republic as well as other teams entertained the crowd more...but it wasn't about entertainment...thats how they play...especially when they underestimate their opponent...Greece's biggest weapon was the fact that no one took us seriously...

Do you think the other teams would rather be entertaining or win the title and be called boring...I think you know the answer...

peace

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search