The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dancing days are here again Modular Synthesizers
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Dancing days are here again

Dancing days are here again, because the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin are finally getting back together! Yep, hard rock fans still dazed and confused by recent news of the long-delayed Van Halen reunion have even more reason to celebrate, now that this even longer-delayed reunion is reportedly in the works. Incredibly, according to NME.com, frontman Robert Plant is in talks this week with fellow Led Zep legends Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones about a Zeppelin tour that'll hopefully kick off in London this November. Presumably late drummer John Bonham's son, Jason Bonham (last seen banging skins for celebreality band Damnocracy on VH1's Supergroup), will fill in behind the drumkit for the Zep trek; since Damnocracy mouthpiece Sebastian Bach is busy trying to launch a hip-hop career on MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstars (more on that HERE), we're guessing Damnocracy are on indefinite hiatus and Jason will therefore thankfully be free...
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

i bought a used copy of iv on vinyl this week for $6 and immediately convinced
myself to spend $29.00 on the classic sounds 200 gram vinyl of the same record
-iv - that arrived -
it sounds great - what a wonderful way to have spent your twenties........

be well

- jack

i have 3 of these led zeppelin vinyl re-issues and they are all 100% analog, jumbo and beautiful.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear
i will pay any price, bear any burden... to see a reunited Zeppelin performing live once again.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Nut

ditto
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'd be interested in seeing it- although is Jason Bonham even in the same league as Bonzo?
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Addict

Jason does do alot of studio work so id imagine hes not the worst person they could pick. Bonzo had a style all his own, could anyone fill his shoes?? Id think his son would do the best job but it will never be the same without bonzo.
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
I'd be interested in seeing it- although is Jason Bonham even in the same league as Bonzo?
yes. the album "mad hatter" by his first band "bonham" is great, albeit hard to find nowadays. the band "motherland", which was basically "bonham" with one or two changes, most notably marti frederiksen (sp?), who later produced/cowrote with aerosmith and others, on vocals and guitar, released a great album. of course, "the jason bonham band" was another excellent album, albeit one mastered very "hot" with some ear fatigue after a couple listens. the latter band featured chuck west on vocals, and that guy seriously throws down the pipes.

in other words, jason b. will do his uncles and their fine music serious justice. he's the man for the job!
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Nut

I want to see dave grohl do this =) i mean now that JPJ played on his new album its time to return the favor
Old 17th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Oliver View Post
I want to see dave grohl do this =) i mean now that JPJ played on his new album its time to return the favor
I'd love to hear Zeppelin with "blap dum blap dum blap dum blap dum" fills.
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Without John Bonham it's about as exciting as a Village People tour
It's just another Page/Plant tour.
Old 19th September 2007
Lives for gear

Apparently they're just doing the Ahmet tribute show in November, with nothing else slated...
Old 19th September 2007
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
Without John Bonham it's about as exciting as a Village People tour
It's just another Page/Plant tour.
You cannot discount John Paul Jones...you just cannot! He was a huge part of their sound and wrote many of their songs.

War

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search