The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
with $18.75 and a turntable, you can hear how amazing audio once was: roy orbison
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

with $18.75 and a turntable, you can hear how amazing audio once was: roy orbison

check out this 100% analog re-issue of "pretty woman"
33 on one side 45 on the other
i have only listened to the 45 rpm side - amazing

http://store.acousticsounds.com/brow...Title_ID=15442

be well

- jack
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Maniac

Why don't you write a review for the record at the same site you linked to?

It would be nice for the webmaster there.
Old 1st September 2007
Gear Addict

That's just weird. I ownder why he didn't do 2 different songs at least. Oh, well. At least somebody is still pressing stuff. If you like it at 45 you're going to love it at 33. I'm glad there are some other vinyl fuddy-duddies here besides me. Yes, I do have a CD player. I had to buy about a year and half ago so I could listen to a work "tape" on CD. The guy didn't own a cassette deck. We were sort of at a stalemate until I caved in. Now my CD library is up to 6. Wooo-hooo!

Vinyl is the proper medium for music since not everyone has room for a half-track.
Old 1st September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Cane View Post
That's just weird. I ownder why he didn't do 2 different songs at least. Oh, well. At least somebody is still pressing stuff. If you like it at 45 you're going to love it at 33.
uh...45 sounds better than 33.
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

as in 30 ips sounds better than 15 ips?
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Vinyl is the proper medium for music since not everyone has room for a half-track.

oh yeah........
this piece is beautiful
feels like an acetate
2006-2007 vinyl
one of the finest pieces
i have ever heard......

be well

- jack
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Addict

That's really odd because all of my 33s sounds better than 45s. I've never had an audiophile 45, though. Maybe it does. But it's a hassle to set my Linn up to play 45s I never have. I have to remove the platter and move the belt. At least I think I do. I've had this thing nearly 30 years and never played one on it.
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Why can't I preview the song like on itunes?

Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
But it's a hassle to set my Linn up to play 45s I never have.
You can get a double-speed control board for an LP12. IIRC, you hold down the power button for a few seconds at start and it starts at 45 rpm.

The benefit of higher rpm's with vinyl is down to resolution, which is especially important near the label where the linear speed of the groove is lower with respect to the stylus.

In other words, the stylus can resolve smaller undulations in the vinyl if their relative size is larger.

These guys have a good store, but I have to say that Acoustic Sounds is a really dumb name. And what does it say about all the sounds that aren't acoustic?
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

if you have ever cut a test acetate - this is the closest i have come to buying
a test acetate - the audio quality is superb - with a decent turntable and cartridge,
it sounds like you are listening to the two track master - it was great to play for a band
of early 20's kids the other day - very present - there is no digital that does that.

be well

- jack

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search