The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Blind Melon Songs. Wow.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

New Blind Melon Songs. Wow.

I think they sound amazing with their new singer. I'm a fan. Wow.

MySpace.com - BLIND MELON - Los Angeles, California - Rock / Jam Band / Psychedelic - www.myspace.com/blindmelon

The New Songs are "Wishing Well" and "For My Friends"
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Some bands just don't work without a certain member. You couldn't have a Nirvana without Kurt, Beatles without Lennon, etc...

I feel that this might be somewhat the same way. It's been 10 years. It's not the same band really. I just don't feel somehow that I like this.

If Paul and Ringo started calling themselves the Beatles tomorrow and touring I think i'd have to jump off a building.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

what theyre doing is cool and all. i think they should change thier name. i cant think of a good reason to keep the name. i could never buy an album of thiers under that name.
Old 29th August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle S View Post
what theyre doing is cool and all. i think they should change thier name. i cant think of a good reason to keep the name. i could never buy an album of thiers under that name.

Yeah ! makes sense with BM
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle S View Post
They've all had other projects with little success. Obviously going out under the Blind Melon monikor gives them a bit of a built in fan base.

They got robbed the first go around. I'm not diggin' the new sound but I wish them the best.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Ive heard Unified Theory and liked alot of it.

Sucks, the things you have to do in this buisness.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

ACDC

AC/DC should not have quit or changed their name.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

AC/DC is a rare case, though.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

nice.

Blind Melon is my favorite band..so I'm a bit biased. I was very worried about what it would sound like, but I've been very impressed listening to the new singer's solo stuff.
By the way, Shannon Hoon did very little writing other than lyrics. The primary song writers are all still present. There new album, which is already done, will likely fail commercially; but that's fine. They start a tour soon and their album is scheduled for release later this year.

For anyone who liked Blind Melon, try Unified Theory and Abandon Jalopy. You will be very impressed...or not.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawannabe View Post
AC/DC is a rare case, though.

Genesis didn't do so bad either after they lost their singer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search