The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Peter @ A Designs = class "A" dude... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Peter @ A Designs = class "A" dude...

I had to mention the excellent treatment I have experienced dealing w/Peter @ A Designs.

I had a very minor problem with one of his units...just the mute switch on an Atty...I use mine between my d/a and my monitors so I use the mute switch a lot and it went out...no big deal.

I don't even wanna say what Peter did because it was so outgoing...let's just say I feel like I got superstar treatment because he went WAY above and beyond to make sure I was happy...

Mark Warren turned me on to his Pacifica about a year and a half ago before all the hype on here...I was pretty blown away and had to get one for myself and have loved it since.

I have dealt w/other small companies being both a guitar player who likes botique gear AND an engineer who like toys...it's rare to meet people like this (Peter) who are so cool...makes me like the gear even more.

I am just in a good mood...I don't work for A Designs or anything of course...I just thought you guys should know what these people are like.
Old 20th August 2007

I love stories like this!
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

This one of the big reasons I love dealing with small companies. Aside from the fact that the stuff usually sounds great, when you are dealing with a small pro audio, amp or musical instrument company (even pro audio dealers), there is usually a real passion and care for the product and customer that tend to be lost with lots of the bigger companies.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Nut

Yeah, Peter is the main reason I give my money to A Designs. I own 3 of his pre's already and want them all. haha. He definitely knows how to mix in with the people. A truly great guy!!
Old 21st August 2007
Jai guru deva om

Pete is the man.

War
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Pete is the man.

War
I always wondered which one of you was the manheh
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Yup, Peter is definitely a real person and a good one at that. It's nice dealing directly with the people who make the product. They have the passion to make things right. It also helps that he has kickass products!
Old 21st August 2007
500 series nutjob

after a few dealings with Peter it has become my goal to get at least one of everything he makes
Old 21st August 2007
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrox247 View Post
I SAID...DOES HE LOOK....LIKE A B*TCH!?!?!?!

War
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

LOL!heh
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Addict

I recently had a problem with the DI on a preamp and I am very happy with the service that Peter provided when I emailed him with the problem. I ran into the problem on a Sunday afternoon and I sent an email not really expecting a response till sometime Monday. He surprised me by responding later that day and we shot a few emails back and forth with some questions and things to try and I shipped the preamp off Monday morning. I have some other A-designs products that I'd like to get when the finances allow.
Old 21st August 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrox247 View Post
Now that was funny!
Old 21st August 2007
amd
Lives for gear

What can I say? You have to give credit where credit is due! Peter is a great guy that makes awesome gear and has your back 200% if anything ever goes wrong with any of his products! He answers his phone and is willing to take the time to answer questions without making you feel like you are bothering him. Thumbs up to Gator as well.....cool guy, good vibe and excellent communication!
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
after a few dealings with Peter it has become my goal to get at least one of everything he makes

I've never dealt with him, but I still want one of everything he makes! heh

Love my Pacifica. Good to know it is well supported, too.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Maniac

Nothing but good words and feelings for Peter M
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

I love Peter.
Old 21st August 2007
Pete is family!

Vahe
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

PETER MONTESSI FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Old 21st August 2007
Gear Nut

He was a super straight up guy with me as well. He walked me through a few of his mikes and how they sounded on the Pacifica. I should be a little angry with him, b/c right after his demo, I dropped for a Pacifica and a Royer 121! But he's too nice a guy for that.
Old 21st August 2007
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd View Post
Thumbs up to Gator as well.....cool guy, good vibe and excellent communication!
yes we should not forget Gator!
great guy!
Old 21st August 2007
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by picksail View Post
I love Peter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARayGun View Post
He was a super straight up guy
Looks like you're S.O.L.

War
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search