The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My first "Reality Show" score.
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

My first "Reality Show" score.

I've scored a bunch of stuff for TV, but this is my first "reality" show. And, it's the first EVER Internet Reality show. The first episode is now airing here: www.nextinternetmillionaire.com - - Because this was the producers first filming endeavor, and they had a few kinks, the audio is pretty bad. It will get significantly better with each episode, but this first one is really bad and sort of covers up the score I did for it which is a bummer.... but the show is getting favorable feedback so far and although I was freaking out about the audio, the average dude listening doesn't seem to care about it at all. Anyway, if you have any interest, and 50 minutes, give the show a look/listen! And, try to ignore the terrible audio!

j
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Congrats. I'm curious as to the blocking process for a reality show. I mean, it is de-facto unscripted, right? So you don't have any idea what you're going to be doing until it's edited?
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

Great news!
Do you get more or less time to score for a Reality TV gig as compared to other TV shows?

guru007
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandall1 View Post
Congrats. I'm curious as to the blocking process for a reality show. I mean, it is de-facto unscripted, right? So you don't have any idea what you're going to be doing until it's edited?
thanks!

Yeah, it's unscripted, and I came to the set on the 2nd day so I could get an idea of what was going on. I started laying down a bunch of misc. music stuff that I thought would fit. About half of it actually ended up working, and the other half I'm hoping will work for future episodes. About half of the 50 minute show had to be created after I got the edited version, and I only had 2 and a half days to do it. No sleep. Then, the edited version changed a bit which caused problems, of course. But, it all came together okay.

In this case, I was given a LOT less time than I normally would have. This was like, throw down the first thing you can think of, and rely a bit more on loop libraries. It is a crazy schedule. One episode a week for the next 12 weeks. They'll be shorter episodes, but it will still be crazy. Everyone involved (including me) is learning a lot, and I just hope the show does well enough to do it again, cause I've really enjoyed it so far. I really don't know what I'm doing, but somehow it seems to all work out!

j
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Nut

Belated congratulations. That's awesome!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search