The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Longtime lurker, sharing my review site/channel.
Old 27th July 2020
Here for the gear

Longtime lurker, sharing my review site/channel.

Hey, folks. I review speakers and drive-units and thought I'd share my site because, honestly, I don't know where else to post this stuff. But I know some of you might really dig what I'm doing and I wanted to let you know about it. I have a YouTube channel as well, where I am working to break the norm of audio-shilling by so many of the reviewers out there. I am bringing objective data, both anechoic (using Klippel products) as well as in-room measured response, in to the mix and doing my best to help us understand how it correlates by providing a subjective review as well.

My site and YT links are in my signature. But for now I thought I would share my more recent review/test I completed of the Bose 901 Series V. It would take me an inordinate amount of time to copy/paste it all here so to save my sanity I am sharing the link to the review on my site:
https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/lou..._901_series_v/

And here is the YT video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRmJo3y5JQI

I finally got things off the ground a couple months ago and am now getting more comfortable doing the YT videos. It's a pretty big effort on my part with no help from anyone and a lot of time spent. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but with so many options available all espousing great theatrical words to subjectively describe a speaker, I thought I would keep mine more straightforward and tied to real data. And, for better or worse, I don't review speakers using only the rarest of 1950's classical recordings. I listen to a bit of everything and provide a tracklist and my notes from the subjective evaluation so we can tie that to the data. Truth be told, it would be much easier to throw a quick YT video together talking about subjective merits only. This recent Bose 901 testing took me 20 hours total and that's before I even sat down to write the review. But, I enjoy it. And I hope you all do too.

Thanks,
Erin
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear