The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Glad to be here !
Old 6th December 2019
Glad to be here !

In August I just got back from a "Mix With the Masters" in the south of France with Michael Brauer. Barely home 2 days and sitting at my console, I was all excited about applying what we had learned...when a weird buzzing sound was emanating inside my head. I knew something wasn't right, so called my ex, who immediately called 911. I passed out on the console & upon waking there was an ambulance here. I was experiencing a ruptured brain aneurysm! They rushed me to the hospital & the doctors put a drain tube in my skull. The next morning I had brain surgery and was in the ICU for 3 weeks...not fun. The reason I'm posting is this; many positive things came out of this. I got closer to my sister, who was incredibly helpful, and organized a fundraiser featuring 5 bands! I never knew I had so many friends. Also my younger son, who I always had trouble getting along with, traveled from Boston and spent a week here. He started another fundraiser to help with my loss of income. What I went through has given me a brand new perspective on life. Every day is a gift, for real, as cliche as that might sound. Politics and other areas have become very unimportant, and relationships are something to be grateful for. I learned that 30% of people who go through this drop dead, another 30% don't make it to the hospital. I am very blessed that I can now continue doing what I love to do. Life is good!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear