The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Love from musicians, and generational legacy
Old 1st September 2019
Gear Addict

Love from musicians, and generational legacy

The other night, I had a show where a local band came to play, and one of the musician's dad, who played on my stage 20 years ago, caught me by surprised. He said: "Dude! are you running sound? awesome!". Then he said, "remember me? I was there at (a list of shows I did some of them back then) shows... "

I was perplexed, as I couldn't remember the guy exactly, except for the face a little. But I guess, I must have left him with good vibes, because I didn't expect the hug I got from him, nor, what he said next:

"Sound guys are the unsung heroes of the music community. You are awesome! "

I love, being loved, and its such a rarity to see anything coming from the musicians other than, "thank you" occasionally.

Music is what ties people together around the world, and it starts with love and kindness.

Hopefully, I can continue to melt the hearts of these guys, so these musicians become more of a family, instead of compartmentalized by social media and clicks. Maybe I get to host a Sunday bar-b-cue. That would be great! I remember 23 years ago, a drummer boy from the old local scene in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area (Randy McAlistar) was on my stage, and after the show, he said to me "I felt like I was back home in Texas, I take it you're not from here". I told him, "Yes, and thank you! I wanted to get the same vibe I had experienced growing up in Arlington, Texas, back in the day when the musicians were all a family, and had Bar-B-Que, and jam on Sundays." That hit him with a ton of bricks, as I could tell that he remembered the Sunday jams with the Abbots and the Vaughans. Then he said, "I doubt that you can do that now these days, because there are too many people that are back-stabbing, and selfish." I told him. "I think its quite possible again. It just takes a little love, patience, and others to realize that its not a race or competition, but discoveries and adventures in music with others."

I think I am getting close to making it a reality. I'm also glad that Randy moved up here in my area so he can be part of the Sunday Bar-B-Que and Jams again....
Old 1st September 2019
Gear Maniac

That's class mate! This is what our industry needs more of, instead of the constant backstabbing and ankle-biting.

A Sunday BBQ and jam is a great idea - who knows what awesome collabs might come out of folks who might never have otherwise met bumping into each other!
Old 1st September 2019
Gear Addict

I agree.

There was a little poem in a meme someone sent me the other day, it goes:

Okay I know that there are terrible terrible people out there but listen:

I also know that there are people who stop and smile at tiny plants growing out of sidewalk cracks,
people who laugh so loud they snort,
people who compliment others randomly,
people who take pictures of their friends because they love seeing their friends happy,
people who ramble about things that they’re passionate about,
people who blush and stutter,
people who are kind,
people who are warm,
people who love and love and love and love.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search