The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Why we do it
Old 26th October 2002
Lives for gear

Why we do it

I'm working on a session for a change that doesn't involve young kids struggling to sound proficient. It's a band of older guys that have been doing it for years and are really into MUSIC. Like trying to make sure that a part is right for the song and is played with just the right feel and tone. How refreshing from the babysitting this job often turns into.

Sessions like these help balance out the ****ty ones.

Got any other examples?
Old 26th October 2002
There is only one

i must say im mixing a project now that came to me by some crazy cosmic connection. an "established" musician. doing stuff thats WAY out of my "niche" but so damn refreshing.

i also have an album in tracking thats pretty damn fun as well.

im getting spoiled with the lack of ego and the commitment to make it great in my studio lately.

although one of the reference disc's brought in for this mix project is that ted hawkins CD... how the **** am i supposed to compete with that album? audiophiles have a hard-on for that album. the best i can i s'pose. im really excited about the bill putnam echo chambers on altiverb. i've yet to get a handle on the cello live rooms yet... the levels seem to be fairly low and havent gotten a chance to make them shine.

convolution makes me hard.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search