The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Our *Free* non-profit audio school for kids is only 1 month away!
Old 9th January 2019
Lives for gear

Our *Free* non-profit audio school for kids is only 1 month away!

After 6 years looking for sponsors and trying to get endorced by the state we finally made some headway this year. Apple donated 10 iPads so we could set up audio and video workstations and the state has given us a few hundred to purchase tables and other assorted items.

We didn’t get the money we needed but thanks to a few companies throwing us a few items here and there we might actually get this thing off the ground.

We will be taking in young adults “14-17” that’s have had a tiny bit of trouble with the law. I guess you could say they get sentenced to us.

Me and my wife have been doing this for quiet some time with our own funds but we thought we might try getting a little help. We do still need equipment but I am sure it will come in time.

We have been promoting the school through our live Facebook music review contest every Wednesday at 9pm est. Facebook/bobsandifer
Special thanks to Sweetwater, SSL, Sparkle App and Apple for helping us get started.

I do have a few items in the classisifieds that will go towards some used gear for the school. Mics, interfaces etc. we are crazy excited about this.
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

Well. Lost every bit of our funding thanks to our new governor. Gofundme didn’t work nor did the Facebook fundraiser.....
Back to me and my wife covering the expenses. Thank goodness we are in a position to do it.
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

Congrats @ bobsandifer and what's the scene like in ATL for music?
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

Atlanta? Huge!!
Every genre and its moving out of the city. We are in griffin ga and my facility stays busy about 20 hours per day. We basically shut down to run backup and clean. Well. Almost all of my work comes from the net but a huge amount still comes in from Atlanta.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search