The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Superior Customer Service
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Nut

Superior Customer Service

I couldn't find a link to give shoutouts to companies that go beyond anyone's expectations to stand behind their gear.

I bought the original 4 channel Great River preamp when I was just starting to get serious about gear. It's got to be at least 15 years old. It's always been reliable and sounded like it was supposed to - Straight wire with gain. I also bought the NV2 when it came out and it's also been very reliable.

Both of them had loose 1/4 front jacks after 15 years that I could never seem to keep tight. I wrote Dan Kennedy asking if there was a trick I was missing. He told me I had early units and he had switched to a beefier 1/4 inch jack on the original unit. He suggested I send them both in and he would go through them and make sure they were both up to spec and replace the 1/4 inch jacks.

I sent them in and he returned them 3 days later with no labor or parts and he paid the return shipping.

I've had similar experiences over the years with Cranesong (David Hill) and Phoenix Audio.

I think on a forum called "Gearslutz" these exceptional customer service experiences deserve a shoutout. You get what you pay for and more when you buy high end gear. Maybe this could be a thread to give recognition where it's due and support the small boutique shops.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

ADK Microphones
Bill Lawrence guitar pickups
iSK Pro Audio (North America)
Oktava Mod - Michael Joly
Sweetwater
Sound Devices
FMR Audio

I've had outstanding customer service from all these guys.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

It's the upper Midwest, eh. (MN and WI)

I have also had some incredible support from the team at Lynx. I am amazed every time I submit a question (usually about some thing I forgot how to do) how quick they get back to me with detailed replied that get me back up and running.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Pendulum
Mercury
Retro
Metric Halo
Allen Amplification
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Sweetwater
Modartt (Pianoteq)
Production Voices.
Excellent service from all.
Old 16th October 2018
Lives for gear

Manley
Metric Halo
PS Audio
Old 16th October 2018
Sweetwater

Chandler

Dave Smith Instruments

Little Labs
Old 17th October 2018
500 series nutjob

I am such a big fan of any company with good customer service, certainly many out their, Great River defiantly in the very top of that that do!!!
Great River!!!
Old 17th October 2018
Lives for gear

Westlake Audio (LA & now Nashville)
ZenPro (Warren is awesome)

Waves... had two their techs on the phone all day... smart, knowledgeable... never waited for more than 10 minutes on hold before I got a live cat

Warm audio
Shure
Universal Audio (outboard... never had to call them for uad
Old 17th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale Eckstein View Post
I couldn't find a link to give shoutouts to companies that go beyond anyone's expectations to stand behind their gear.

I bought the original 4 channel Great River preamp when I was just starting to get serious about gear. It's got to be at least 15 years old. It's always been reliable and sounded like it was supposed to - Straight wire with gain. I also bought the NV2 when it came out and it's also been very reliable.

Both of them had loose 1/4 front jacks after 15 years that I could never seem to keep tight. I wrote Dan Kennedy asking if there was a trick I was missing. He told me I had early units and he had switched to a beefier 1/4 inch jack on the original unit. He suggested I send them both in and he would go through them and make sure they were both up to spec and replace the 1/4 inch jacks.

I sent them in and he returned them 3 days later with no labor or parts and he paid the return shipping.

I've had similar experiences over the years with Cranesong (David Hill) and Phoenix Audio.

I think on a forum called "Gearslutz" these exceptional customer service experiences deserve a shoutout. You get what you pay for and more when you buy high end gear. Maybe this could be a thread to give recognition where it's due and support the small boutique shops.
+1!
Dave Hill / Cranesong is stellar as well and Avedis Audio too! (and he's in SoCal!)

Cheu
Old 18th October 2018
Nothing beats superior service!
Old 18th October 2018
Lives for gear

Oh... and Bunny Ranch
Old 18th October 2018
Lives for gear

Retro
Api
Chris Mara
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search