The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Charity - need some suggestions
Old 6th October 2018
Lives for gear

Charity - need some suggestions

So, I hire this guy - who lives in Serbia - to create a 1-min animation for me. He does a great job, I pay him, and everyone is happy. Just as we are finishing up, I tell him, "oh BTW - I need this little extra bit". Ok, no prob - he sends me a rough draft, to which I give him the ok to go ahead and render. I then ask him what I owe him for the xtra portion... we agreed on a $ amt before he got started on the project months ago, but we didn't talk money for this portion - I was trusting that he's not going to screw me. Well, he comes back, telling me to take the money (which would be around $500) and donate it.

just pay whatever you feel to somebody that really needs money. Or some charity organization.... just not me.

Now, I could simply tell him I donated the money, and keep it for myself, but that's not me. Any suggestions? I want to steer clear of big, "corporate" charities, like the American Red Cross, The March Of Dimes, The United Way, etc - my understanding is that only a small portion donated actually gets to the needy. I don't have any vagrants where I live; if I did, I wouldn't hand one of them $500 anyway, for fear that they would blow it on drugs. Any ideas?

p.s. - if anyone says, 'give it to me - I need to feed my GAS' - that person is getting spanked.
Old 6th October 2018
Deleted User
I would (and do) donate to Cat Welfare - Donate
Old 6th October 2018
Lives for gear

I support a charity started by my friend and fellow palm collector..Friends of Madagascar.
We build schools...hire teachers...feed children...and try to teach sustainable agriculture in some of the poorer villages in Madagascar. they don't even have electricity
Old 6th October 2018
Gear Addict

how about a game called lucky 100's where you place hundred dollar bills in random spots where people seem deserving. laundry matt, self car wash, someone that lives in a car, at the top of a hill, dmv, etc.
Old 6th October 2018
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search