The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bringing joy and happiness to all mankind...
Old 24th October 2002
Moderator emeritus

Bringing joy and happiness to all mankind...

The other day I had to go by a studio in town to pick up a package. Because I had gone to traffic court that morning, I was fairly well dressed (by my standards); under a black sports coat, I was wearing a black polo shirt from Manley Laboratories (a souvenir from Lynn Fuston's Mic Pre CD sessions). Needless to say, the coat was removed as soon as I left the couthouse. Anyway, when I went into the studio, I was wearing a shirt with the Manley logo on the front.

Like many of us, most of my daily wearing apparel comes from trade shows. For example, at AES LA I got T Shirts from Shure, iZ, and a shirt from Mercenary Audio, on the back of which is printed, "We're not happy 'til you're not happy".

At the first of this week, I was back at the studio for a day of tracking, and was wearing the Mercenary shirt; When she saw the back, the studio manager said, "You always wear such funny shirts, like the other day when you had one that said that you were manly, and even had a dial to show how manly you are!"

And the week before, at the Southern Festival of Books (a gathering of southern writers and publishers) I was wearing the Shure T shirt from this years' AES, which has the phrase 'Microphone Envy' under the Shure logo A couple of people asked me if the shirt was a prize from a Karaoke contest...

Just thought I'd share the joy...
Old 24th October 2002
You sir, are a Swaggart!
heh
Old 24th October 2002
Moderator emeritus

"Of course," he replied, noticing that he was wearing his Time Jumpers denim shirt...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear