The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Holly Smoke!!! Who are this kids?!!
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Holly Smoke!!! Who are this kids?!!

Discovered this freaking ridiculous good band of 18-19 year old kids! WOW!!!

Please do listen to their entire album, this guys are killing it, Rock' N' Roll is officially back!

Last edited by psycho_monkey; 1st April 2018 at 11:29 AM..
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

So all the work of Led Zeppelin was not in vain.

Good.

:-)

They are fantastic! Thanx for the link! Yes, Rock-N-Roll is back...
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear
Are they a Led Zep tribute band - that's where they could make decent money.

It's Rob Plant Stars in Their Eyes - this kid has Plant down really well.
Old 31st March 2018
Lives for gear

The first time I heard these guys was on the radio. I had to go home and do some googling to figure out if they were releasing some Zeppelin B-Sides or unreleased stuff, I thought it was them... Here's an interview of someone asking Plant about them:

YouTube
Old 31st March 2018
Old 31st March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
Discovered this freaking ridiculous good band of 18-19 year old kids! WOW!!!

YouTube

Please do listen to their entire album, this guys are killing it, Rock' N' Roll is officially back!
Brilliant thanks.
Great cover of "Change gonna Come"

album "From the Fires"
Old 31st March 2018
Lives for gear

I love finding new young bands that blow me away. Gives me hope for the future.

Here’s 2 teenage brothers called Archie and the Bunkers from Cleveland doing some 70’s punk stuff:

YouTube

And teenage brother sister duo from Edmonton called Tennyson with some cool jazzy electronica:

YouTube

Last edited by jerry123; 31st March 2018 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Info
Old 31st March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Gives me hope for the future.
Gives me the exact opposite feeling.

Watching the video with the "old people" reacting and the guy going on about "how close they are to Led Zepplin" a band from 40 years ago -

It suddenly occurred to me why music is now worthless, why music is now longer the center of youth culture and why the music business is stuck on a washed out rinse repeat cycle.

This band isn't something to be excited about - it's actually a bit sad that a group of young guys with this much natural talent can't actually come up with a new sound all of their own - like Led Zepplin did!

The influence they should of taken from Zep was be innovators, be unique, be the first!

This industry from mic's, pre-amps and compressors to the music itself is all about with CLONING - whatever happened to innovation.

Sigh.
Old 31st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Gives me the exact opposite feeling.

Watching the video with the "old people" reacting and the guy going on about "how close they are to Led Zepplin" a band from 40 years ago -

It suddenly occurred to me why music is now worthless, why music is now longer the center of youth culture and why the music business is stuck on a washed out rinse repeat cycle.

This band isn't something to be excited about - it's actually a bit sad that a group of young guys with this much natural talent can't actually come up with a new sound all of their own - like Led Zepplin did!

The influence they should of taken from Zep was be innovators, be unique, be the first!

This industry from mic's, pre-amps and compressors to the music itself is all about with CLONING - whatever happened to innovation.

Sigh.
You seem too busy labeling this kids. Forget that, enjoy their music, cause this kids are musicians. They might be into LZ for now, ok, whatever, why not have a role model like Robert Plant at 18?! I'm sure they'll move on at one point, my instinct tells me that this band is here to stay. Cheers!
Old 31st March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
You seem too busy labeling this kids. Forget that, enjoy their music, cause this kids are musicians. They might be into LZ for now, ok, whatever, why not have a role model like Robert Plant at 18?! I'm sure they'll move on at one point, my instinct tells me that this band is here to stay. Cheers!
I don't need to listen to their music - I have the original right here in my collection.

I was simply making an observation as a professional music of 40 years in the business.

I hope they do move on and make a musical statement of their own.
Old 1st April 2018
Lives for gear

Zep cloned blues bands, the stones cloned blues bands. Sure they inovated, but only after getting good at what they already liked. You gotta start somewhere.
It like saying a band isn’t original because they play guitars!

The innovators are making trap, garage-step, prog Jazz. Cool and interesting for sure but I can’t really bop to it in the car.
After a while, old meets new and we get a new ‘classic’ that will be on the radio forever. Even if a band isn’t immediately breaking new ground, it great to see solid playing and sensible taste at a young age.
Old 1st April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry123 View Post
Even if a band isn’t immediately breaking new ground, it great to see solid playing and sensible taste at a young age.
Absolutely my point, very refreshing to hear this band playing!
Old 1st April 2018
Lives for gear
They're good musicians hopefully they'll find their own voice.

I certainly wish them luck.
Old 27th September 2018
Here for the gear

No doubt that Greta Van Fleet is awesome, but rock was never "dead". Just because a new band has come around that sounds exactly like Zep doesn't mean that rock is suddenly back either

Kyuss, Queens of The Stone Age, Wolfmother, Sleep, The Sword, Crobot, TurboWolf, The Indian Handcrafts, Royal Blood, The Black Keys just to name a new "rock revival" type bands that have been kicking ass for some time now. Than you can also get more into stoner rock and doom metal which has a thriving scene of a lot of bands that are more or less flying the flag of 70's hard rock. The Youtube Channel "Stoned Meadow of Doom" has over 800 albums that bands have sent him that he has uploaded for our pleasure that are all in that vein.
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeYourGuitar View Post
No doubt that Greta Van Fleet is awesome, but rock was never "dead". Just because a new band has come around that sounds exactly like Zep doesn't mean that rock is suddenly back either

Kyuss, Queens of The Stone Age, Wolfmother, Sleep, The Sword, Crobot, TurboWolf, The Indian Handcrafts, Royal Blood, The Black Keys just to name a new "rock revival" type bands that have been kicking ass for some time now. Than you can also get more into stoner rock and doom metal which has a thriving scene of a lot of bands that are more or less flying the flag of 70's hard rock. The Youtube Channel "Stoned Meadow of Doom" has over 800 albums that bands have sent him that he has uploaded for our pleasure that are all in that vein.
Absolutely! But this guys do have something special that makes them shine, so rock is not only alive but seriously kicking through their voice, which is wonderful, as it brings more attention to rock-n-roll. There's already so much attention on so much junk(all those 100mil+ views songs) and now to see a quality band that finally benefits of some publicity brings a smile to my face.
Old 10th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjanopan View Post
I don't understand why can't I take back the like that I gave you by accident. Should be possible. Anyways...don't care of any reviews on music, I don't need a reviewer to tell me what I hear and how what I hear makes me feel. This kids are good, end of story.

I totally agree with this guy: YouTube

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search