The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Scream for Me Gearslutz
Old 30th July 2017
Scream for Me Gearslutz

Really excited to announce the US premier of a movie I have been involved with for the last 23 years: Scream For Me Sarajevo.

In late 1994 Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) played a crazy gig in Sarajevo (a city which was under siege during the Bosnian War and in which people were dying every day) during his 'Skunkworks' tour. I was one of the organisers. The movie tells the story in all of its madness

The movie premieres at Rhode Island Film Festival on the 12th August 2017.

While I'm there in an official capacity as one of the cast, I will of course be flying the Gearslutz flag. If you are in the area, whether you can make it to the movie or not, let me know if you want to meet up for a beer. If you have a studio in the area I can visit, so much the better!

Read more about the movie here: https://www.facebook.com/screamforme...8ekx02d9yEtIPI

Or watch the trailer here:

Hope to see you there!

T
Attached Thumbnails
Scream for Me Gearslutz-20507617_742103745961635_6286137496884447834_o.jpg  
Old 30th July 2017
Lives for gear

Epicness.

Cannot wait!!!!
Old 30th July 2017
Ah, amazing, congrats! What a great story...

Wish I could make this one but it's a bit far afield - when it plays London I'm there for sure. Good luck!
Old 30th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
Ah, amazing, congrats! What a great story...

Wish I could make this one but it's a bit far afield - when it plays London I'm there for sure. Good luck!
News on that soon...
Old 14th September 2017
The UK premiere will be in London on 26th September. Netherlands premiere will be in Amsterdam on 28th October and Canadian premiere will be in Hamilton Ontario on 11th November. I'll be at London and Amsterdam screenings. Probably not Ontario sadly.

If anyone is interested I can post links for tickets.
Old 14th April 2018
Update on this for anyone that's interested. The movie goes on general release in Europe on 17th April, in Oz on 18th April, in NZ on 24th April and in the US on 10th May. You can find details of your local screening on Scream For Me Sarajevo
Old 16th April 2018
I saw it!!! Good to know people who can hook
up a London premiere.

Anyway, it’s very good - this is as crazy of a metal story as is possible - glad it’s been told, it would have been lost to the ages otherwise, buried under the rubble of a pointless war... highly recommend it to anyone, you don’t have to be a metal head to appreciate the insanity of the quest to stage a Bruce Dickinson gig in a warzone. Go see it as soon as you can!
Old 2 weeks ago
Little update on the movie...

Since our worldwide theatre run in 2018, incredibly, the DVD/BlueRay run has now sold out 4 times! But that hasn't been the end of the matter. We are still getting invited to to film festivals, I've been asked to do a TedX Talk in October, the BBC just made a radio documentary about the madness (let me know if you want a link), and the whole team has decided to make another movie together. More on that some other time.

At Easter we were invited back to Sarajevo to be honoured by the City. As it was 25 years since the original gig, we thought it would be fun to do another show. This time, Bruce was just an audience member and the rest of us put on the show. Here's my spot:

Attached Thumbnails
Scream for Me Gearslutz-713ea09b-ade2-4ad8-b609-71c9e08f4cb6.jpg   Scream for Me Gearslutz-3a78e9a5-66a4-4156-8cf0-97787f750611-2.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search