The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rage Against the Machine @ Coachella
Old 25th January 2007
Rage Against the Machine @ Coachella

Thoughts? I think I may just make it out seeing as I'm not too far, and that would be a cool show to see. Anyone heard any news on whether this is just a one off? It will be cool to hear them together though...
Old 25th January 2007
Gear Guru

I think this and the Zeppelin thread are off topic.
Old 25th January 2007
Sorry... its been a while since I've been here and I couldn't find the off topic section (see it now). Anyway maybe it can be moved or deleted or whatever, but I hope you aren't too hurt over it.
Old 25th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudalicious View Post
Thoughts? I think I may just make it out seeing as I'm not too far, and that would be a cool show to see. Anyone heard any news on whether this is just a one off? It will be cool to hear them together though...
Whaaaaaatttt?

Tell me more. This is the first I've heard. I loved them. Such great live energy.
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

Think this has anything to do with the way Chris' voice is going?

Seems like he's been a little off for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxzdqkZN27U
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper View Post
Think this has anything to do with the way Chris' voice is going?

Seems like he's been a little off for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxzdqkZN27U

I saw soundgarden 10 years ago or so, maybe even longer and I'd have to say Chris really didn't sound much different from that clip. I was extremely disappointed and actually kind of stopped listening to SG after that. Wasn't impressed at all.
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
Such great live energy.
I remember rehearsing next door to them at Cole in Hollywood.

I thought there was an earthquake.
Old 1st February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy79 View Post
I saw soundgarden 10 years ago or so, maybe even longer and I'd have to say Chris really didn't sound much different from that clip. I was extremely disappointed and actually kind of stopped listening to SG after that. Wasn't impressed at all.
I saw Soundgarden on Lollapalooza right before they split. . . I agree %100.

Now the crazy thing is, I saw Cornell solo right after the record came out, 3rd or 4th date on the tour. . . holy $hit! He pulled off everything on the record. Perfect! Completely different show, different man then a few years prior.

I have to figure his voice can't hold a full tour. No way. No one's that strong.
Old 1st February 2007
Lives for gear

Anyone know if Rage is doing a tour or anything? I can't die without seeing Rage at least once...
Old 5th February 2007
Here for the gear

For what its worth, Tom has a side project going with Boots Riley, the MC from The Coup. I doubt it will be just like Rage, but it will probably be closer than Audioslave. I'm imagining it will be fairly funky. It's called Streetsweeper apparently. I don't have any idea how soon this will materialize.

I haven't heard anything about Rage playing, but then I again I wasn't listening. I'd love to see that though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search