The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sting & The Police to Reunite?
Old 1st June 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Apparently there have been some issues:

Police drummer rips band's "lame" concert
That's awesome ... we need more of that and less of the usual ass kissing. Stuart is right on there. And it will only ADD humanity and interest to the upcoming shows, and fuel the band too. Great stuff.

I'm reminded of an ad years ago in a punk mag that was more or less, "QUIT YOUR BAND" ... it had all the reasons why you suck and should give it up.
Old 1st June 2007
Lives for gear

I saw the first show in Van and overall it was good. A few of my friends went to the VIP show the previous night.

I've done the touring and trying to be the "perfect musician" myself back in the day. Copeland needs to just enjoy performing and have fun. The average fan loved the shows. From a "critical musician" viewpoint I could easily rip the **** out them in many ways. But I was there to listen, watch and have fun. Their level of musicianship does the job and the fans loved it. That's all that matters. I could hear Copeland's tempo go out now and then and he was playing to a click. But who cares, the average fan is never gonna hear the fine details.

Stewart, relax, enjoy this amazing tour you're on, and have a blast. Everyone loved it. When the band f*cks up, just smile and have a laugh. Most people wont even know.

Oh well. heh
Old 2nd June 2007
And yet ... having a 'good time' above all else is the rightful province of amateurs.
Old 2nd June 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey View Post
And yet ... having a 'good time' above all else is the rightful province of amateurs.
Actually that is a pretty good point. Especially at the prices they are getting for tickets these days.
Old 2nd June 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Actually that is a pretty good point. Especially at the prices they are getting for tickets these days.
I think Copeland is a cool dude...his theme for the show "Dead Like Me" was so cool that it may be the only one that I NEVER fast-forwarded through on the Tivo...

Anyways, it's kind of a neat thing what he did. People I think are kinda fascinated by that kind of candor and it also serves the purpose of beating the 'critics' to the punch...its no fun to blast a group for problems that they have publicly acknowledged. Smart.

-Matt
Old 8th October 2007
Gear Guru

A new Police record? heh

Police guitarist says new album possible
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

Andy Summers is 64?? wtf....
Old 8th October 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectifier View Post
Andy Summers is 64?? wtf....

Huh? Not sure of your point.
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

I actually thought he was about mid 40s - that came as a bit of a shock.
Old 8th October 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectifier View Post
I actually thought he was about mid 40s - that came as a bit of a shock.
Oh, ok. Must be all that Yoga that he practices. heh
Old 8th October 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey View Post
That's awesome ... we need more of that and less of the usual ass kissing. Stuart is right on there. And it will only ADD humanity and interest to the upcoming shows, and fuel the band too. Great stuff.
Agreed.

I don't think it's a big secret that these guys didn't always get along. If they ever truly kissed and made up for good, I don't think it would be the same band.

Besides, if I were to actually pay what they wanted for a ticket, it had better be spot on!
Old 14th October 2007
I caught their show in Birmingham, England. Not very impressive. I was reallly disappointed. On the other hand I caught their one time peers, the Stranglers, recently at the Birmingham Academy... absolutely incredible. Tight as a gnats chuff and full of energy. I bought their new cd at the show. It's their best ever. Very impressive. FWIW when I was a lad I was more of a Police fan than a Stranglers fan. Not any more.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search