The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Warren Huart is EPIC!
Old 16th October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenhuart View Post
That's cool! I don't remember who that could be either! Haha 6 years is a huge amount of session ago! Does Zac still have that studio I wonder? Loads of great gear, took some navigating, but loads of fantastic keyboards! As you would expect from Zac of course!
Hah! Yeah, I'm not sure if the project ever saw the light of day.

He still has the studio but he rented it out to a band on a long term basis.
Old 28th November 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrenebbage View Post
Hah! Yeah, I'm not sure if the project ever saw the light of day.

He still has the studio but he rented it out to a band on a long term basis.
haha who knows! If either of us can remember that far back! That's a lot of Projects ago! Yes, I see Zac is doing a lot of touring these days. I assume if he's not doing as much session work there's no need for a full-time studio and renting it out long term makes a lot of sense! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren
Old 1st December 2016
Kool channel you have there Warren!

I've signed up thanks to the OP and this thread.

Thanks!
Old 3rd December 2016
Lives for gear

Just watched Warren's interview with Joe Chiccarelli.

Great viewing.

It's amazing to me just how humble, friendly, and generous these top-tier engineers are. And we get to benefit from their experience, the experiences of their mentors, and so on.

Brilliant.
Old 30th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Kool channel you have there Warren!

I've signed up thanks to the OP and this thread.

Thanks!
Thanks ever so much! You Rock!

I am so glad you enjoy the channel!

Here's to a wonderful and Happy New Year!

Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren
Old 30th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
Just watched Warren's interview with Joe Chiccarelli.

Great viewing.

It's amazing to me just how humble, friendly, and generous these top-tier engineers are. And we get to benefit from their experience, the experiences of their mentors, and so on.

Brilliant.
Thanks for your great comment!

Agreed 100%!! Joe is one of the greatest ever Engineers! I love the way his records sound!

Here's to a wonderful and Happy New Year!

Have a marvellous time recording and mixing,

many thanks Warren
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Warren... Just watched ur visit to Tommy Lee's joint... Cool! Neat to see that a guy often thought as just a hellion had the discipline and focus to build such a cool space and stay active.

I mean, seriously, most of us would've been happy just playing never ending county fair gigs and being known as that dude who went full baywatch in the 1st wildly successful celebrity sexy times movie.

By all accounts... Every dude I know who has worked for/with/around all say he's the nicest most interesting cat.

Cheers!
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Joe C

Speaking of Joe Chiccarelli, I recently went through the laborious task of converting my old LPs and 45s to .wav/CD.

One of the albums I converted was The Bangles 1984 release "All Over The Place". I bought it in the mid-Eighties based on the single, Going Down To Liverpool, which I loved at the time (and still do). Anyways, when I recently sorted through my vinyl collection I was curious about the album as I'd never played it. So I gave it a spin and, oh my, it's a ripper. Great 60's/Byrds-style pop and a super sounding mix.

So I checked the credits on the sleeve and.... Joe Chiccarelli mixed it. So Joe was churning out top shelf mixes at least 32 years ago. Stunning.

Here's a lossy YouTube version of the single, but if you get the chance to hear a higher quality version of the song and the album I'd highly recommend it.

Old 2nd January 2017
Here for the gear

Subscribed! Looking forward to bingeing these videos.
Old 5th January 2017
Gear Nut

I have to chime in too, as I have watching Warren's videos for months now. I really appreciate his contributions, and his time and detail to the craft. I remember a video where he talked about how we should stop focusing on the gear, and instead realize that creativity is king! Though that statement rings true with me (completely), I still couldn't stop focusing on getting more stuff! Nothing was getting recorded because I always had something new coming in on the horizon and I would have to adjust the rack space. Then, I finally reached a boiling point when, after umpteen videos showing the same expensive gear being used in the studios he tours, and then truly realized that I need to stop the gear hunt, and get in the studio to record. That's what it took to finally get that message to sink in.

I watched the interview with Matt Starr a while back. I never heard of him until that interview but I instantly found him to be interesting and likable. Coincidentally, I had tickets to a Mr. Big concert that next night in San Francisco and was pleasantly surprised to find out that Matt was playing drums for them. A cool guy and he can play well too! I didn't get to talk to him thought.

But Warren, when will you tour a studio with Alesis, Behringer, Mackie, and a "no DAWs allowed" type of scenario?

Thank you for all you do!!
Old 12th January 2017
Gear Addict
Warren, you rock. Having fun mixing your generous gift of multitracks for Little Empire's Stay New!
Old 3rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Gotta give some props and respect to Warren Huart.

Jeez - this guy is giving stuff away others are charging good money for.

Sir, your approach and tutorials are first rate - your mixes sound excellent too - am really appreciating some of your tips and techniques.

It's just your chilled manner that is engaging and inviting to watch.

Keep up the great work!
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

I'm not a pro tools user anymore, but, one of the coolest features of warren's vids is the fact that he makes the bundled free plugins within PT his little beyotch. Even when he uses a 3rd party plugin it's almost always a waves one and an oldie but goody at that. Even the bass and strat he plays are pretty attainable by most normal dudes as opposed to some rarified ax made out of conflict diamonds, elephant tusks and jimmy Paige's tears.

He's usually recording into a higher end preamp and with good mics. But again, nothing that you couldn't find in plenty of home studios. Sure, he's surrounded by crazy great outboard, but it's hardly ever part of the lesson at hand.

I don't know if warren does this on purpose (although I suspect he does) but it's pretty great.
Old 9th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Even when he uses a 3rd party plugin it's almost always a waves one and an oldie but goody at that.
It recently came to my attention that many pro engineers still use Waves RVox on vocals. Warren does, I've watched several of his vocal mixing vids, and RVox appears to be the second plugin on the vocal (following a de-esser).

So i bought RVox and wow, doesnt it give a vocal some body and oomph
Old 9th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
It recently came to my attention that many pro engineers still use Waves RVox on vocals. Warren does, I've watched several of his vocal mixing vids, and RVox appears to be the second plugin on the vocal (following a de-esser).

RenBass, Renax... All great tools. I don't think I've never not seen it used somewhere on a session since it came out... Waves' concept of forever support I think is one of the reasons that the brand endures.
Old 11th February 2017
Here for the gear

Anybody knows about Warren's rates?
I'm in search of a good mixing engineer.
It doesn't have to be renowned though.
Old 24th May 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
haha who knows! If either of us can remember that far back! That's a lot of Projects ago! Yes, I see Zac is doing a lot of touring these days. I assume if he's not doing as much session work there's no need for a full-time studio and renting it out long term makes a lot of sense! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren
I remember who it was... that was a tough one, I must say it came out sounding pretty fantastic with Warren engineering, and I think Endert mixed it. And yes, it never saw the light of day! Welcome to the music business. Hi Warren!
Old 24th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJProducer View Post
I remember who it was... that was a tough one, I must say it came out sounding pretty fantastic with Warren engineering, and I think Endert mixed it. And yes, it never saw the light of day! Welcome to the music business.
Who was it I wonder? Let me know Aaron! I hope you're well! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren
Old 24th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by inestima View Post
Warren, you rock. Having fun mixing your generous gift of multitracks for Little Empire's Stay New!
Wow thanks! I really enjoyed making that Little Empire Album! I got to do all of my favourite things, I played on it and co wrote! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren
Old 24th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amado View Post
Anybody knows about Warren's rates?
I'm in search of a good mixing engineer.
It doesn't have to be renowned though.
Haha like everyone else I work within most peoples budget! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren
Old 24th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by John37 View Post
I have to chime in too, as I have watching Warren's videos for months now. I really appreciate his contributions, and his time and detail to the craft. I remember a video where he talked about how we should stop focusing on the gear, and instead realize that creativity is king! Though that statement rings true with me (completely), I still couldn't stop focusing on getting more stuff! Nothing was getting recorded because I always had something new coming in on the horizon and I would have to adjust the rack space. Then, I finally reached a boiling point when, after umpteen videos showing the same expensive gear being used in the studios he tours, and then truly realized that I need to stop the gear hunt, and get in the studio to record. That's what it took to finally get that message to sink in.

I watched the interview with Matt Starr a while back. I never heard of him until that interview but I instantly found him to be interesting and likable. Coincidentally, I had tickets to a Mr. Big concert that next night in San Francisco and was pleasantly surprised to find out that Matt was playing drums for them. A cool guy and he can play well too! I didn't get to talk to him thought.

But Warren, when will you tour a studio with Alesis, Behringer, Mackie, and a "no DAWs allowed" type of scenario?

Thank you for all you do!!
Thanks John You Rock!!! Yes, Matt Starr is a great guy! I'm a huge fan of is! I try to do all shapes and sizes of Studios! Some are sophisticated and others are relatively humble! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren
Old 24th May 2017
Quote:

Agreed 100%! I've loved it since they brought it out! Michael Brauer uses it on his vocal in a similar fashion, at least he did when he mixed a few album for me! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren
Old 26th August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Haha Yes I got one of those mics! Unfortunately haven't been able to find a Shure SM53 though! Those sold immediately!

Thanks very much for your kind words!

I am so glad to be able help! This is so much fun to be able do!

Have a marvellous time recording and mixing!

Many thanks

Warren
Sorry for the necrobump. Who was it that mentioned the SM53 Warren?
Old 27th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTheBeard View Post
Sorry for the necrobump. Who was it that mentioned the SM53 Warren?
I'm not Warren but it was the interview with producer Val Garay. A few years before I saw that feature I found an online artice where Garay talked about his methods and said that the SM53 was his fave mic for electric guitar. And then I remembered that I had one lying around that a friend gave to me for free.

Of course it's my fave now as well but like with anything, your mileage may vary.

DISCLAIMER: This is PURE guesswork on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if the SM53 was used for the guitars on this track here, I'm also assuming that Val Garay was involved.

Last edited by doorknocker; 27th August 2019 at 10:50 PM..
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

This interview is 'priceless'. A masterclass ...from both guy's actually. Warren is so brilliant at keeping the relaxed informative vibe.

If they awarded a Grammy for audio interviews - this one would get it.

Superb.

Last edited by noiseflaw; 14th October 2019 at 05:37 PM..
Old 16th October 2019
Lives for gear

Tremendous job on the Clearmountain interview! Warren really got him to open up, check it out!

Old 17th October 2019
Hey Warren, did you work on Hot Hot Heat's song "Bandages"?
Old 23rd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Wallace Huart is EPIC!

Maybe it's just me but...
Attached Thumbnails
Warren Huart is EPIC!-warren-wallace-huart.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search