The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Welcome to the Sweetwater Mic Shootout Forum
Old 16th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono_marko View Post
This shoot out really proved to me that there is no significant difference between the most expensive mic and the cheapest.
I had a version of this going through my head. Instead of listening to it on my normal Tyler Acoustics set up I also listened to it on my iphone. The differences are small really in a mix. I think for me it was some difference on the high end being sweeter on the more expensive mics, and in the same vein there was some more body in the mids as well. There are some pretty inexpensive mics that sound pretty amazing these days.

I'm using a Mojave 201-Fet with some pretty solid results currently.
Old 16th March 2018
Here for the gear

Definitely there may be differences but after you record and either mix for yourself or send to some one to mix. (Albeit once you record properly) I can't really see the differences in these mics making or breaking a record especially after recording they would be processed. Commercial music these days have different vocal sounds in each genre. You get sizzling vocals and dark vocals with both being successful and it's all taste. I actually was expecting more.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search