The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The M81-SH was designed with the goal to develop a mic that would not only complement the M80-SH, but to also stand out in a universe filled with dynamic microphone options. Building off many of the strengths of the M80, the TELEFUNKEN M81-SH retains the same minimal proximity effect, superior feedback rejection, and an articulate mid-range. However, with the M81-SH, the top end is pulled back a bit, yielding a flatter overall frequency response. This combination results in a microphone with a wealth of body and clarity, making it a great tool for taming brighter vocals and guitar tones and for fattening up toms, percussion, horns and thinner sounding sources.The M81-SH comes with a leather microphone bag and 5 meter SGMC-5 XLR cable with right angle female XLR.Specifications Type: Dyanmic Moving Coil Frequency Range: 30Hz / 18kHz Polar Pattern: Cardioid Impedance: 200 ohms Weight: 13.1 oz (371g)

Discussions

Telefunken M80sh/M81sh

...to see if production is in full swing yet. This is the latest info I have: "Introducing the M80-SH and M81-SH TELEFUNKEN will also have on display at SXSW a series of new lower profile M80 and M81 microphones for drum and instrument applications. A very limited number of pre-production units of the M80-SH...

View Post

TELEFUNKEN Introduces Two New Drum Mic Packs at NAMM

...recording and live performance applications. Each microphone set consists of the M82 handling kick drum duties, the M80-SHB on snare, the M81-SH for toms, and the M60 FET cardioid for cymbals or overheads. Both the DC6 and DC7 ship in heavy-duty hard shell HC87 flight cases and include multiple drum mounts (M782, M784...

View Post

Mic for singer/drummer

...think ergonomy is in indeed important. He finds his Beta 58 too big. So I think we'll go for a Telefunken m81 SH. Now we need to choose a preamp. I read some good reviews about the Focusrite ISA One. Do you think that kind of preamp would really enhance his live vocal sound...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?