The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Next step up for vocal mics - Telefunken M80, AKG D7, Senn E935/E945 or condenser?

...add the Sennheiser E935/E945 and beta 58 to my collection (because of rider requests) but I'm curious about the Telefunken M80 and AKG D7. The Telefunken claims to be close to a condenser in sound and the AKG D7 is supposed to be a step up from the D7? Ideally what I'd like is a...

View Post

Organizing a live set

...I’ve been just using one laptop running Ableton. The last round of shows was this setup: Mic - Telefunken M80 Tons of random percussive things I would find before each show’s venue or festival around sound check Laptop running Ableton Notation remote 25 (went through 4 of these things over the years) Maschine Alexis sample pad pro iPad running...

View Post

Famous Stage Vocal Mics of Famous Singers

At that level they'll use mics from whichever manufacturer pays them the most in endorsement fees. It's the (music) BUSINESS: all about the business with the music as an excuse. There are countless searchable threads on this topic. See the previous response.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik has created the M80 to give the user a superior alternative to the midrange-laden character of the "industry standard microphone."Featuring a wider frequency response and higher SPL capabilities the M80 delivers condenser-like performance in a rugged dynamic design, producing a microphone equally suitable for voice, instruments or drums on both stage and in the studio.Due to its low mass capsule and super thin (yet surprisingly rugged) capsule membrane the M80 presents a wider range of emotion from a live vocal with an intimacy that has been traditionally reserved for studio quality condenser microphones.The head and capsule assembly has been designed to reduce proximity effect to which nets added low end clarity for vocals, while still providing "strength" and "authority" and an "open," "airy" character without adding danger of upper midrange feedback or "honk."The M80 also features an American made custom wound impedance matching transformer which is where the magic really takes place. When coupled with our proprietary capsule assembly, the results have won hearts and minds in far less time since it's introduction than we ever imagined possible.TELEFUNKEN M80 Specifications Type: Dynamic Moving Coil Capsule: N/A Frequency Range: 30Hz / 18kHz Polar Pattern: Cardioid Impedance: 200 ohms Weight: 13.1 oz (371g) Size: 7.25" (184mm) length x 1.88" (48mm) diameter Connector: 3-pin male XLR Extras: mic clip, bag *