The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The TEAC TASCAM Series Model 5A Audio Mixer is basically an 8 input, 4 output preamplifier-mixer. The inputs are selectable for 8 microphones, 8 lines, 4 tape recorder reproduce, or a combination of these three by top panel switches on each channel module which will provide, together with the mixers other features, very flexible operation at original live recordings, overdubbing, and mixdowns when used in combination with TEAC tape recorders.

Discussions

Tascam Model 5 Board

First, I really appreciate your help. From what I saw on the back of the board, everything was 1/8" besides the 8 XLR ins. If there anyway to make those 1/4" so I can use my monitors, etc? Everything we track will probably be miced, so it's not super important for line in inputs, but it...

View Post

Structures from Silence - recording methods

...recording gear I was using at the home studio in the early Timeroom was the Teac line, I used a model 5 mixer, 12 channels maybe, and the classic Teac 4 track. The pieces were recorded over the course a year and without the idea these would become the album Structures From Silence. Once I...

View Post

Quietest preamp, interface and mic combination that there exists?

... Though quiet, the primary reason I've selected this gear is for 'realism': Pair of Gefell M296S omni mics, into a Gordon Model 5 preamp, into a Mytek Stereo192 ADC.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?