The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The US-1800 audio interface from TASCAM offers more inputs than any interface in its class. Up to 16 inputs and 4 outputs are transmitted to Mac or Windows over high-speed USB 2.0 connection. The US-1800 features eight XLR microphone inputs with phantom power and 60dB of clean gain. Six balanced line inputs are also provided, as well as stereo S/PDIF digital and MIDI in and out. Included with the US-1800 is Cubase LE5, the latest workstation software from Steinberg. This 48-track audio workstation includes must-have features like automation, plug-ins, mixing, editing and MIDI tracks. Cubase LE5 uses standard VST plug-ins for adding virtual instruments and effects.

Discussions

Post your Low End Mixes (Official - other threads will be removed!)

...juniors in high school, along with myself, so they are far from the perfect musicians. some info on mics, daw, etc tascam us1800 for everything into reaper lots of waves plug ins used, and drumagog vox - at4040 acoustic guitar - at4040 bass guitar - audix d6 miking a crate amp drums snare - sm58 (my sm57 decided to break that day...

View Post

My dynamic mic A/B comparison: $99 SM58 vs. $13 Pulse (Behringer?)

...the 58 together for a bunch of simultaneous recordings, all done through the admittedly meh stock preamps in my Tascam US-1800 (and through identical A/T 25' XLR cables), with placement of both element and recorded source as "identical" as I could physically manage in all cases. Unfortunately my SM57s and my GL Audio 57/58...

View Post

Tascam US-1800 16 inputs, how?

...it be output as a digital stream." - Connect the spdif out of the MX400(200) to the Digital In of the US1800. - In the US1800 control panel check that you have a "valid digital input status" when the US1800 is powered up and has the USB connection to your computer. This is Reaper. Other DAW's may...

View Post