The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The UH-7000 is a pro-level microphone preamp and audio interface, designed with a strong focus on low noise and high audio quality. Not only can this unit be used as a 4-in/4-out audio interface in a DAW production environment, but as a standalone microphone preamp and AD/DA converter. The built-in HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) microphone preamps are newly designed with low noise and high audio quality. These impressive mic pres perform at −128dBu EIN, a 117dB signal-to-noise ratio and distortion ratio of 0.0009% or less. The grand nature of the UH-7000's sound is partially due to the careful attention spent on selecting parts. In addition to the Burr-Brown PCM4220 ADC, PCM1795 DAC converters and thin film metal resistors, installed is a powerful TCXO clock generator with +/−1ppm precision.

Discussions

tascam uh7000

I just wanted to make a public note that the Focusrite Clarett has knocked the UH-7000 out of the top position for me. It's my new #1 favorite sounding interface. It just gives that tiny little bit of extra clarity, like a 5% increase. They are really, really close, but the Clarett...

View Post

When is a Preamp Highend?

...cite the Millennia Media preamp as one obvious example. An affordable example that is still exceptional is the Tascam UH-7000. Somewhere in the middle is the Sytek preamp. So your assertion is a bit too generalized. That's not what class A means. Class A means the active stage is amplifying all...

View Post

Oh God - I swear I searched around a bit - Interfaces...

I agree completely about the Audient interfaces. I have the ID4 and ID14 and they are the best I've ever had.

View Post

Video Guides