The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Studio Projects VTB-1 is the ultimate in low cost mic preamplifier technology. Incorporating true class A/B switching, the VTB-1 is a totally discrete circuit. Unique to the VTB-1 is the "Tube Drive". The Tube Drive is a variable drive to a 12AX7, that allows the user to blend as little, or as much of the Tube Drive they want. This VTB-1 allows the user the most flexibility of any mic preamplifier in it's price class. The VTB-1 allows you to go from a pristine solid state sound, to any combination of Tube Drive you choose...even hard distortion for guitars and bass! The VTB-1 is must have device as the perfect mic preamplifier for any microphone!

Discussions

More free stuff....let's do it again!

A very long time ago on about page 5, I was gifted a studio projects VTB1 Preamp and to be honest, its not really the thing for me at the moment as I am doing most of my tracking at another studio, and have got a baby due in one week, so won't have...

View Post

MD421 as mono overhead!!

...possible. I think it worked out pretty good! I only used 4 mics. 1 Kick - Neumann TLM102 - Studio Projects VTB1 preamp 2 Snare - Shure 545SD vintage - Apogee Quartet preamp 3 Overhead - Sennheiser MD421 vintage white - GAP Pre73dlx 4 Dirt mic - Philips EL3782 vintage crap mic - Apogee Quartet preamp The last mic...

View Post

Will a mic preamp make a noticeable difference to amateur recordings?

...$200 pre or a $2000 one. Only outboard stuff I have is a Joe Meek C2, and a Studio Projects VTB1 pre. Are they worth bragging about on here, no way. But what they add for me is like nite and day compared to the dry track. Try something cheap, if you dont like...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?