The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Studio Projects CS5 is an externally polarized five pattern pressure gradient transducer microphones with FET impedance converter. The capsule is a 1.06” (27mm) capsule, with a diaphragm thinkness of 6µm. It features five selectable polar patterns, four selectable pads, four high pass filters, and four low pass filters for added control in various recording applications and a clear, full response expected from a large capsule microphone design. Versatility is key in the recording arena, and the Studio Projects CS5 is well equiped to handle any recording application. It is designed to deliver the finest quality vocal and instrumental recordings and will serve to enhance any professional or project studio. As a result of uncompromising dedication and advanced production capabilities, Studio Projects will continue to broaden the range of quality pro audio microphones & electronics for today's recording environment. The CS5 comes included with the famous Halo Shockmount, a case and a foam wind screen.

Discussions

Which of these three are closer to a professional sound ?

...a much better option, IMHO, than any of those 3 within a similar price range would be the Studio Projects CS5 ($200 B-stock directly from PMI Audio: PMI Audio - B Stock - USA)... ...the CS5 is SP's top of the line LDC mic which is much smoother on the top-end than the original C1...

View Post

Depeche Mode early 80's Setup?

...studio at the time: Vince's first synth Kawai S110F Depeche Mode/Yazoo equipment - loosely listed in order of acquisition Selmer Auto Rhythm Machine ("awful") Yamaha CS5 (Martin's) Korg 700 (Andrew's) Moog Prodigy (Andrew's) Dr Rhythm Drum Machine Electro-Harmonix drum machine Roland Jp4 ("in retrospect one of the biggest mistakes I ever made") MC4 microcomposer SC Pro One TR-808 Fairlight CMI RSF Kobol ("..idea I had was to use two...

View Post

Yamaha CS-15 vs Korg Mono/Poly

...with the case, and costs $600 less. I prefer the sound of the CS synths, I’ve had a CS-5 for years and love it. However, having owned a Mono/Poly before, I LOVE the functionality but find its overall sound less thrilling.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides