The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Studio Projects C1 is a large diaphragm, fixed-cardioid condenser microphone employing a 1.06” (27mm) capsule, high quality, low noise amplifier and balanced, transformerless output circuitry. It features switchable -10dB or -20dB pad and [email protected] or 150Hz high pass filter for added control in various recording applications and a clear, full response expected from a large capsule microphone design. Versatility is key in the recording arena, and the Studio Projects C1 is a well-proven and award winning tool. It is designed to deliver the finest quality vocal and instrumental recordings and will serve to enhance any professional or project studio at an unbelievably low price. As a result of uncompromising dedication and advanced production capabilities, Studio Projects will continue to broaden the range of quality pro audio microphones & electronics for today's recording environment.

Discussions

What's in YOUR mic locker???

I notice a few of you have the Studio Projects C1 mic, That was one great mic for recording the pick noise on acoustic guitar, very harsh on some of my vocal takes. I sold it on eBay, but I kind of wish I kept it for certain things...grrr

View Post

The next level

...path from start to finish: Start with an entry-level large diaphragm condenser mic such as a Rode NT1-A or Studio Projects C1. Maybe a small diaphragm if you're tracking acoustic guitars. A higher-quality interface might get you better pre-amps, A/D conversion and a higher channel count. Presonus makes fantastic-value gear (I use and love Studio One)....

View Post

A simple mod for the early Rode NT1 from Jim Williams

I await your results. I've just bought an early Studio Projects C1 ( that had, I believe, similar 797 capsule and components to the NT1 ) and it has a capsule upgrade so I was interested to see what the Mic Parts RK87 had done for it. Sounds smoother and more refined.....You suggested the Maiku k47...

View Post