The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Show us your mixes/setups! Low budgets only!

...some big hifi speakers for monitering. Presonus faderport. Set of audix mics.. i5 2x d2's d4 d6 2x adx-51's 2x studio projects b3's 1x studio projects c1 2x se electronics se1's 1 shure sm57 Loads of cheapish mics. Like 15 or so that are good to have around inc some d112 copies. Cheap yamaha guitar. Cheap bass. Nice big sonar...

View Post

Warm Audio unveils the WA-87 microphone

I don't have time to look up the circuits of every one of those but are you comparing the typical rebranded-OEM, transformerless mics that have flooded the market with this WA-87? To be clear, I haven't heard or used the WA-87 but from what I've seen/heard, it's not going to be in the same...

View Post

Some thoughts on microphones...

...I could easily make a full record these days with just a Studio Projects B3 and a couple sm57s. Would it take a little more work? …yes…. would it still sound good?….as long as I obey the general principles of mic placement, room conditioning and control, gain staging, etc. it would sound good to...

View Post

Product Description

The Studio Projects B3 is the ultimate in large diaphragm condenser microphones at this price anywhere. This microphone has all the technical refinements to be an enduring classic . With features you would expect in a world class microphone, the B3 offer's three recording pattern positions (cardioid, omni and a true figure eight) with pad and Hi-Pass filter. Equipped with a true 1" 3 um gold sputtered dual gold large diaphragm in a pressure gradient transducer capsule, the B3 will ensure the finest quality of recordings while offering linear response and a classic deep rich sound. The B3 can be connected to any external microphone preamplifier or mixing console which provides 48 volt phantom power or via any 48 volt external power supply.