The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

What's up guys? I need advice on getting better acoustics in my room. My dry vocal takes seem to have a lot of low end...

BillBillings
replies: 8 views: 584
BillBillings 22nd February 2018

So I'm converting my 20'x20' garage into a work office and project studio. It won't have a separate control room. The garage...

Bill Hambone
replies: 3 views: 512
DanDan 21st February 2018

Hey all im new to using the REW software and i cant for the life of me figure out how to calibrate my interface. Im using the...

Devangelist
replies: 4 views: 2,208
Grzesiek 21st February 2018

Hello my dear GS'ers I just started my music production/DJ passion more seriously a couple of months ago, I'm really in the...

FilibMusic
replies: 10 views: 809
thedberg 21st February 2018

Hello all, This is my first post here, although I have been lurking for quite awhile. So many of my searches end up on this...

scae1
replies: 2 views: 382
scae1 21st February 2018

Greetings all! Starting in the corners, I am in the process of trying to create a dry sounding space for recording upright bass,...

wretchasketch
replies: 9 views: 706
wretchasketch 21st February 2018

From what I understand, soffit mounting speakers helps minimise SBIR between the speaker and the front wall. I suppose this is...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 5 views: 564
Jens Eklund 21st February 2018

Hi, I just moved into a guest house to avoid dealing with noise complaints in the future and would really like some advice on...

Zaaaak
replies: 3 views: 421
FreshProduce 21st February 2018

I am wondering out loud here about at what point does a membrane, such as pegboard, hardboard, MDF etc, become a barrier to...

Temple of Light
replies: 13 views: 745
Temple of Light 21st February 2018

So I've got one tech thats telling me I need a 9,000 BTU Mitsubishi mini split, and another telling me to go with a 12,000 BTU...

logjamparty
replies: 1 views: 404
Mike Couzzi 20th February 2018

Lets say I have used broadband absorption in my room but I still have a few axial modes @ 120hz, 114hz, 90hz, 80hz, 62hz that I...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 22 views: 766
attaboy_jhb 20th February 2018

In vocal tracking room, I am building a V shape gobo to put behind the singer. Using OC 703. Should the vocal gobo be 4 inches...

Krush411
replies: 4 views: 566
DanDan 20th February 2018

I have a long rectangular room which will be my hybrid control room / live room and I need a storage area so I was thinking of...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 8 views: 501
Glenn Kuras 20th February 2018

Hi guys, I have taken over a studio space which I´m running with a friend at the moment. We have a small recording room,...

Gertius
replies: 4 views: 709
DanDan 20th February 2018

Do you guys think I could get a decent sound with acoustic treatment in my living room of my home? The room size is 12 x 20, with...

gabler
replies: 5 views: 414
Glenn Kuras 20th February 2018

I know the image is not great but there are two acoustic treatments on the wall behind. Can anyone make out what they are?

attaboy_jhb
replies: 14 views: 535
Jason Foi 20th February 2018

Hi all, I'm going to make a modular studio desk out of 4040 aluminium profile. The idea is to create a fully adjustable desk that...

Scoox
replies: 6 views: 1,110
Jens Eklund 20th February 2018

Hello everyone, I would like to put bass traps straddling a corner that has a door. I would like to put the 2 traps on top of...

Derek Reese
replies: 1 views: 462
Derek Reese 20th February 2018

Hi all: Summary of question - where should I orient my mixing desk? It's been a while since I've been in this forum as my...

Lights
replies: 4 views: 660
Noise Coalition 20th February 2018

I wanted to know what would happen if you you took a small room 9.5 x 9.5 and covered it completely in diffusers? An All...

Josh Richman
replies: 8 views: 950
Josh Richman 20th February 2018

I'm am moving into a new space for recording and am looking for suggestions. See the attached files for a layout. And other files...

ducksalot
replies: 5 views: 497
Jason Foi 19th February 2018

Hey guys, I've used REW a million times before. Today I suddenly can't get a signal coming in. I see a signal loud and clear...

chrismeraz
replies: 2 views: 556
Dogus 19th February 2018

I see that some manufacturers of acoustic treatment products offer a studio design service, or at least, recommendations on where...

deejayen
replies: 2 views: 405
deejayen 19th February 2018

Hi All, First time in the forums! I've been planning a build at the bottom of my garden, easily 30m from the house, and i was...

elasticc
replies: 2 views: 481
Starlight 19th February 2018

Hello, I am planning a new room and want to flush mount the first time. I still planned a few rooms with the LEDE principle and...

knightonabicycle
replies: 56 views: 7,399
knightonabicycle 19th February 2018

I just finished building 12 panels (6x2" & 6x4")... Regarding Placement of the bass traps in corner. Is it fine...

jazzmik2000
replies: 4 views: 491
jazzmik2000 19th February 2018

Over on John Sayers site it says: There are basically two ways to control low frequencies: Acoustic Hangers & Panel...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 2 views: 463
beeboss 19th February 2018

So we're about to add an audio bay to our current post facility. I've been given a choice of two room (neither particularly...

analog orange
replies: 5 views: 493
analog orange 19th February 2018

Hi! This studio desk project is the most advanced project I've design. Introduction: This is my very first design that...

Jarek S.
replies: 36 views: 4,751
VenVile 18th February 2018

Hello, I’m beginning to build a budget studio in a stick frame building with wooden floor joists and subfloor. I know...

Zakriles
replies: 14 views: 729
RyanC 17th February 2018

Hi everyone. My very first post here! So I'm (re)building a recording studio, where 30m2 is going to serve as a live space. My...

obihope
replies: 6 views: 1,552
SeanRyder 17th February 2018

When playing around with this calculator I can choose between "normal" and "random" incidence. From what I...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 1 views: 574
Jens Eklund 17th February 2018

Hey guys, I recently moved into a new apartment. In this new apartment there is a small nook that seems perfect for mixing and...

newStudioGuy
replies: 5 views: 654
homestudioguy 17th February 2018

Hi folks i've just setup a new studio control room,i have quite a lot of bass traps one in each corner,low high etc,2 super chunk...

paweaz
replies: 11 views: 1,190
paweaz 17th February 2018

Hi, I just moved into a guest house to avoid dealing with noise complaints in the future and would really like some advice on how...

Zaaaak
replies: 0 views: 431
Zaaaak 16th February 2018

are there more directional subwoofers than others? maxing out my room. got it dope now.. ATC 110 active, subwoofers to...

Jonney
replies: 20 views: 771
RyanC 16th February 2018

I currently Produce In my Bedroom. Room Dimensions 17×11×8.8 (L×W×H) With a volume of 1,645.6. My Speakers:Yamaha...

Joezerony
replies: 0 views: 513
Joezerony 16th February 2018

I have a small room where I mix. First reflection points are treated (side walls, ceiling), and in three corners there are bass...

MirekCoutigny
replies: 3 views: 463
sheggs 16th February 2018

I did this test with REW and used Dirac as sound output in preferences. I first tried without filter activated and then with it....

rullskidan
replies: 0 views: 424
rullskidan 16th February 2018

Backstory: I live in Florida, where it’s pretty much hot all year-round. I live in a house with the homeowner, who keeps the...

tkaitkai
replies: 4 views: 496
Schoeller 16th February 2018

Hi Folks, So I'm in a new rented house and trying to figure out where is best to place my speakers for the least bass issue with...

kayd
replies: 5 views: 544
kayd 15th February 2018

Im in the market for soundfoam... We have two 8" studio monitors on stands and their backs are up against a wall. Here's the...

busystarter
replies: 31 views: 1,375
busystarter 15th February 2018

Hey Guys I've hot a live/recording room 9mx3,5mx2.30 . No treatment at the moment. Walls are gypsum board and floor is...

diaolosh
replies: 8 views: 728
contramark 15th February 2018

Hey everyone. I just found spare carpet scraps and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to put them to good use. I...

Uneek Elements
replies: 2 views: 394
Glenn Kuras 14th February 2018

Hi, This is my first post, so thank you for letting me be a part of this forum. I have a question about room size. I have...

globochem
replies: 0 views: 354
globochem 14th February 2018

Hello to all of you.. could you guys give me a quick recommendation on room choice? I'll be using it to record and mix...

Impervious
replies: 8 views: 522
Impervious 14th February 2018

Hello everyone, I just moved into a new apartment and I am looking for some advice acoustic treatment, best placement, etc....

Silentcent632
replies: 2 views: 448
Silentcent632 13th February 2018

There are lots of posts about speaker placement I know but they are usually talked about in relation to other things in a room...

Carl Freeland
replies: 5 views: 739
Carl Freeland 13th February 2018

Timber is expensive where I live and I was thinking of using steel studs for my false ceiling treatment where I plan to use a...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 34 views: 1,265
Jason Foi 13th February 2018

I am building a 2 room studio. Currently, the live room is 18'x13' with sloping 8'6" to 11' peak. The double walls are...

milessound
replies: 2 views: 1,398
Snoggin 13th February 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search