The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Due to an insurance settlement (flooding), I'm getting the floor replaced of the room my band uses as it's jam space. I would...

etr102
replies: 2 views: 476
Glamrock80 6th November 2017

Does anyone have some good ways in which this can be done? I read some people attach it do say plywood and hang it like a...

ppingpoong
replies: 13 views: 7,060
robert82 5th November 2017

Hey there, guys! Long time reader and admirer of the pure geniuses around here! Never posted before, but this time I need some...

DannVal
replies: 14 views: 831
DannVal 4th November 2017

Hey y'all Construction on new compound basically complete... Barn is the new studio and it's done. I have a mountain of...

bgood
replies: 41 views: 1,650
bgood 4th November 2017

Looking for some advice please. I'm making panel absorbers for my girlfriends small box office. 100mm x 600mm x 1200mm...

Alex Banks
replies: 15 views: 719
jikky 3rd November 2017

In my 26' * 14' * 8' room I've done endless testing with acoustic panel arrangements. I'm using REW and have been testing with...

Jerbery
replies: 36 views: 3,698
TimmyMac 3rd November 2017

Hello! I spent a lot of money and time to get the best acoustic possible in my control room... but i still have a bit of...

Audiotales
replies: 29 views: 2,767
petecho 2nd November 2017

Dear gearslutz community, our homerecording CM has following size: L: 6.42 m (20.47') W: 3.00 m (9.84') H: 3.25 m...

Amadeus45
replies: 12 views: 918
DanDan 2nd November 2017

So I recently bought two packages of 15.25" x 47" x 3" Roxul Safe n Sound for acoustic panels (24 pieces). I am...

Vegetal
replies: 4 views: 768
tymish 2nd November 2017

Hello, I am from Brazil and dealing a K-200 because I liked this piano very much. But I am concerned about possible problems...

mikhaelis
replies: 12 views: 1,033
mikhaelis 2nd November 2017

I have the opportunity to build a room (new bricks walls) inside a very big garage, I can get 28 -35 square meters with shape of...

alidav
replies: 10 views: 674
dinococcus 2nd November 2017

hi guys, I've been browsing gearslutz, but I can't decide on how to soundproof my windows.. I have a two windows in my...

jrubbernek
replies: 11 views: 2,974
Apped1940 1st November 2017

After a divorce I lost almost all of my equipment. I am in a new house and have a rag-tag of gear I've managed to keep or...

mcalldp
replies: 1 views: 674
mcalldp 1st November 2017

I have acquired 21No. 300x300 tiles and 4No. corner/soffit wedges and I would like a bit of guidance as to where I should place...

elektrasoul
replies: 3 views: 433
elektrasoul 31st October 2017

I hope I have posted this question to the correct forum. Please advise if not. And if this information is clearly provided...

Defective
replies: 5 views: 578
Defective 31st October 2017

I hired a handyman to help me build window plugs (MDF sandwiched with green glue). Handyman didn't really know anything about...

StrangeAsAngels
replies: 3 views: 3,039
isoneedacoffee 31st October 2017

Hello everyone ! I will be moving to a new house next year and am planning on converting one of the bedrooms (labelled as...

Exofonik
replies: 0 views: 318
Exofonik 31st October 2017

Hello everyone! Just to show the gobos I'm finishing right now! I relied on the project by lynngraber in his post...

guismarquesrj
replies: 1 views: 634
JWL.GIK 30th October 2017

Hey guys! I have the chance to move out of a nasty square room and into a rectangular one. I've done the measurements and...

Karanda
replies: 3 views: 588

Hi all! Being no expert in acoustics, I am hoping some kind soul(s) can help interpret the attached REW file/graphs and give...

Con Queso
replies: 3 views: 763

So, I have started my build by laying up the 5/8’s between the floor joists. I have ran into a snag (see pic) There is one...

noobnoise
replies: 2 views: 395
noobnoise 29th October 2017

My room is about 30'x14'x8'. It has a dropped ceiling, and the floor is carpeted. I was astounded by the difference just three...

musicus
replies: 0 views: 477
musicus 28th October 2017

I read a bunch of threads about making super chunk bass traps, a few of them suggests that Roxul Safe N Sound was too dense for...

TheVee
replies: 1 views: 581
TheVee 28th October 2017

First off - sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping someone with experience can provide some insight... I've finally decided...

NicoRivers
replies: 12 views: 700
phaceless 27th October 2017

I'm planning on building flat panel bass traps and panels. I always read ownes Corning is best but can't get it in...

Limit54
replies: 32 views: 2,044
Limit54 27th October 2017

Years ago I had made my own bass traps and acoustic panels, and chose to wrap them with bed sheets. I would like to re-wrap them...

ass assassins
replies: 6 views: 720
bowzin 26th October 2017

Hi, I'm planning on building some super chunk corner traps. Lots about using 703 but I'm in the UK and can't get the stuff. I can...

benferrari
replies: 4 views: 555
kgveteran 26th October 2017

Hi, I'm setting up a 5.1 studio and I'm interested in the 38 percent rule/recommendation. Should I be sitting 38 percent from...

ehof
replies: 5 views: 1,222
DanDan 26th October 2017

I am looking for a software to draw my studio build project, what are you using? :)

RobinJacobsson
replies: 1 views: 368
DanDan 26th October 2017

Sorry if this is a noob question, I am moving into a new home and would like to track small combo amps on the top floor while...

Hey Now Moxie
replies: 3 views: 386
DanDan 26th October 2017

Wanting to build some early reflection acoustic panels using Knauf rigid insulation. The guy at the store ask if I wanted foil...

pjarrett
replies: 3 views: 416
DanDan 25th October 2017

I am considering moving into a new condo building and making a second bedroom my studio. The room would be about 11'x11'x9'...

lsat
replies: 7 views: 505
DanDan 25th October 2017

Hi, now i had a some product absorpber, it's a fiberglass and the specification didn't had flow resistance, it can possible...

Megaz
replies: 1 views: 320
seedee701 25th October 2017

I've just finished setting up my subs, they blend well, they have great extension, couldnt ask for more. I will need to isolate...

kgveteran
replies: 18 views: 2,637
kgveteran 25th October 2017

Hi I'm currently nearing the end of my studio build and need to run the power, ethernet and some audio cables into the studio...

thegalleons
replies: 4 views: 494
Glamrock80 24th October 2017

Hey everyone - first post on here. Been a long time lurker. I'm looking into improving the acoustics in my control room. I've...

gerhardw
replies: 14 views: 533
gerhardw 23rd October 2017

Hi guys, I've asked a few Qs here and have been guided by your wonderful help (mainly DanDan and I can't thank him enough but...

Samion
replies: 0 views: 1,123
Samion 23rd October 2017

Hi guys, I've moved to a new home and got the whole floor to myself. There's plenty of space for gear, but I'm struggling to...

cuba1956
replies: 2 views: 481
cuba1956 22nd October 2017

Hello It's first time I've been experimenting with acoustics in my living room to optimize the sound. I've so far covered the...

m4x
replies: 1 views: 462
dinococcus 22nd October 2017

I have an issue with transmission of sound via an oak beam from my live room into an office next door. The beams are about...

Churchil
replies: 0 views: 282
Churchil 21st October 2017

So I'm thinking about bass traps and while making my own seem good But I came across acoustic foam products from arrowzoom and...

Limit54
replies: 0 views: 547
Limit54 20th October 2017

Don't have exact dimensions, but from picture (attached) they seem great - lovely long room, good width, and nice and symmetrical...

alligatorlizard
replies: 3 views: 493
OpusOfTrolls 20th October 2017

Here my predicament guys. I am setting up my home studio and I am getting this nasty buzz when recording direct into my...

metaljoseph
replies: 3 views: 634
EvilRoy 20th October 2017

hey guys So my wife says I can have one room for recording. Its really gonna be a control/mixing room, and sometimes it will...

antireign
replies: 2 views: 468
elgordito 19th October 2017

Hello, I'm building my studio at the moment, and having built the main shell, I'm looking to sort out the air supply and...

Hooked Music
replies: 0 views: 351
Hooked Music 19th October 2017

Hello fellow GS members, I want to place some bass traps in my threaded room but I'm not sure if the frame on my wall will...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 4 views: 467
TheKosherButcher 19th October 2017

Hi All, Feel free to move if necessary. I am hoping to get some help reading my REW results for a new 14'x10' (9' ceiling...

kbodrum
replies: 3 views: 844
JWL.GIK 19th October 2017

Hey guys! I just have a question that has been torturing me for ages... It is obvious that video monitors are reflective...

Websterion
replies: 2 views: 398
JWL.GIK 19th October 2017

Does anybody know of a solution to getting my computer monitor off my desk and away from me, in order to have it in between my...

ass assassins
replies: 9 views: 811
rathabar 19th October 2017

Hey Everyone, I've been a long time gearslutz user and I've gotten a ton of advice from all the extremely knowledgeable people...

gkiss
replies: 0 views: 449
gkiss 18th October 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search