The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi People, I am making, free-standing, 17"x17"x48" Soffit Bass Traps (Roxul Safe'n'Sound) for front and rear L/R...

mrfye17
replies: 1 views: 526
UltramegaOK 29th March 2018

Hi folks! I need a new control room. As we all know building these is very expensive... Let me start by telling that I have...

mherrane
replies: 4 views: 527
DanDan 29th March 2018

Hi guys Long time lurker. I promise I’ve read all the forum posts and researched this extensively. I’m taking the plunge...

Alr8luv
replies: 3 views: 414
Alr8luv 28th March 2018

In my build thread here I mentioned the 9" deep N35 polystyrene stepped diffuser I will be mounting in the rear of the room...

n0nspaz
replies: 6 views: 3,469
Jason Foi 28th March 2018

I just noticed something weird and just wanted to share. Computer -> AUX -> Harman Kardon: Frequency response has a big...

engin
replies: 0 views: 443
engin 28th March 2018

The contractor that I'm working with for my new studio build is recommending that I use Thermafiber in the walls rather than the...

ElectricCompany
replies: 13 views: 1,279
norton 28th March 2018

hi gang, i work in a 2 room studio. we recently replaced the drop ceiling in our control room with a sloped wood ceiling and...

Came2rck
replies: 2 views: 716
DanDan 27th March 2018

I've been reading through the sticky and coming up with some good ideas... I'm going to be using a lot of rigid fiberglass...

busystarter
replies: 37 views: 1,546
nikoli 27th March 2018

HI, I want to change my basement to home studio(record vocals, string instruments and mixing) and I don't know what to do, so...

aviorrok
replies: 4 views: 452
aviorrok 27th March 2018

I am going to be using a basement for my home studio and the entrance is down a flight of stairs (please see diagram). If I am...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 6 views: 479
Jason Foi 27th March 2018

I built a podcast table that is unique and I am starting to add features to it, specifically headphone jacks and volume knobs for...

BradShoemaker
replies: 4 views: 430
64gtoboy 26th March 2018

Not sure if this is the right forum but does anyone know if the SSL Nucleus 1 and 2 are the same dimensions? I'm trying to find...

Studio 8o5
replies: 1 views: 573
Braincoral 26th March 2018

Did you ever wonder whether it's more important to treat the front or the back of your room? I decided to treat half my room...

chrismeraz
replies: 3 views: 553
VenVile 26th March 2018

Ok so most pro studios I have seen never have rectangular live rooms or parallel surfaces. Am I not looking hard enough? With...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 8 views: 801
attaboy_jhb 26th March 2018

Hi forum, I'm opting to build myself a PRD for my attic back wall. Since the walls are slanted, that back wall is of a...

preamp.org
replies: 4 views: 588
preamp.org 25th March 2018

There are many options. Most are commercial (and very expensive). What is a budget simulation environment? Where preferably we...

engin
replies: 3 views: 504
Jason Foi 24th March 2018

Hello Forum members I've recently moved into a new listening room, it's very small and square shaped unfortunately: ~3580cm x...

vpr
replies: 6 views: 609
vpr 24th March 2018

I want to sort out some bass issues in my hifi listening room. My room is approx 5 meters long and has 45 degree sloped ceiling...

SoundPimp
replies: 1 views: 489
Jason Foi 24th March 2018

Basically I have tamed many box-like rooms over the years but have not dealt with angles like these before. I am wondering where...

DevourFreqs
replies: 0 views: 394
DevourFreqs 24th March 2018

The concept and definition of an impulse response is rather simple. But how to interpret its data is not intuitive for...

engin
replies: 1 views: 457
akebrake 24th March 2018

I ordered some fabric online for bass traps that I plan to make. Problem is the material is not very breathable. Will bass in the...

The Real Deal
replies: 2 views: 556
matthew john 24th March 2018

I would appreciate your thoughts in principle regarding a possible new home and studio as my wife, a pianist, and I (flute,...

Starlight
replies: 0 views: 362
Starlight 24th March 2018

So I got some new monitors to mix on. Just setting them up in my room pushing and pulling them around to get the best LBIR SBIR...

Carl Freeland
replies: 31 views: 1,618
Carl Freeland 24th March 2018

Hey ya'll. I'm a bit new here, but have been cruising the forums for years. After months of searching I have finally found a new...

GeOMetrae
replies: 15 views: 987
Skol303 23rd March 2018

I live in Slovenia, EU. I am musician, guitarist, producer, but my main interest for building soundproof room is because of my 8...

MarkoZorec
replies: 2 views: 563
Jason Foi 23rd March 2018

I think I remember reading somewhere around here someone had used a Sonex foam, but I can't remember if they provided any results...

logjamparty
replies: 9 views: 1,078
Deleted 4adc64a 23rd March 2018

Hello from a lurker. My studio is a very large room, undivided - no separate control room. The longest dimension is about 20 m,...

glottis
replies: 13 views: 707
DanDan 23rd March 2018

I know that HiFi speakers usually are made to please and not nescessary be accurate to the source material. However, I dont have...

SoundPimp
replies: 1 views: 725
explorer 22nd March 2018

I found my bass! It's sitting in the corners of my room, I think it's being held captive there. Halp! So i recently got some...

Katharsas
replies: 6 views: 611
akebrake 22nd March 2018

Here are a few pics in case someone need inspiration for building light and strong "frameless" panel absorbers. I built...

Henrik Hjortnaes
replies: 10 views: 1,237
DanDan 22nd March 2018

I dont know but from the stats this looks better than Owens Corning...

saywhaa
replies: 1 views: 449
Jens Eklund 22nd March 2018

What's up guys? I'm working on getting my room fully treated. I currently have most of my corners treated. I'm making 3 acoustic...

BillBillings
replies: 2 views: 509
DanDan 22nd March 2018

Hello gear slutz, I’m out in Uganda working with a studio, the main work in the past being beat making and working with...

b0r0s1s
replies: 5 views: 662
UltramegaOK 22nd March 2018

I’m in the market for a ‘scatter plate’ that I can attach to an existing acoustic panel… only it seems this particular...

Skol303
replies: 25 views: 2,772
UltramegaOK 22nd March 2018

Hi, Recently i discovered that placing hands near my ears, as if I'm guiding sound directly to my ears makes huge difference in...

zjazd
replies: 2 views: 404
DanDan 21st March 2018

We have a cottage in your backyard. I was going to convert the garage and use some other rooms of the house as recording rooms as...

henryrobinett
replies: 8 views: 655
nikoli 21st March 2018

Hi! I was looking for led strip lights for my small studio build. Thinking 12 x 0,5m strips, something like this: USB...

G-Sun
replies: 3 views: 627
G-Sun 21st March 2018

Hello everyone! I have just moved into a new room and I have some questions regarding treatment. It is a rectangular room...

pettah93
replies: 3 views: 494
explorer 21st March 2018

Hello Folks. I am honored to have the opportunity to post here. i nervously proceed hoping to have done my due diligence...

yousiff
replies: 2 views: 517
Temple of Light 21st March 2018
replies: 6 views: 824
Noisewagon 21st March 2018

Hello everyone, I'm considering moving into a new home which has an attic conversion. Would this be suitable for a home...

SubversionUK
replies: 4 views: 483
Starlight 20th March 2018

Seeking some advice here on how I could improve my poor little office for better monitoring and recording voiceovers. The room...

TMetzinger
replies: 7 views: 504
Skol303 20th March 2018

Hey guys, I'm looking to use some Rockwool to treat an acoustic space. My question is this: is there a limit on how close the...

aabbccbb
replies: 4 views: 529
explorer 20th March 2018

Hello everyone, I'm considering moving into a new home which has an attic conversion. Would this be suitable for a home...

SubversionUK
replies: 0 views: 307
SubversionUK 20th March 2018

Hey there, I've got a pretty straightforward question: If I'm trying to isolate noise from escaping through thin windows,...

eddievanwailin
replies: 2 views: 444
eddievanwailin 20th March 2018

After considerable time reading this forum (and others too) I have finally come up with some design ideas for my new studio....

eljefe
replies: 12 views: 842
eljefe 20th March 2018

I wanted some 3U angled racks for my desk so bought myself some birch plywood for less than $20. Rest of the materials i had some...

bainmack
replies: 0 views: 571
bainmack 20th March 2018

I've seen this topic posted a bunch and i do understand that the general consensus is that it's better to have one...

Colliderman
replies: 3 views: 578
chrismeraz 19th March 2018

Hi home studio building gurus :) I've been lurking for a while trying to get insights to treat my music room, and I would...

Laimon
replies: 2 views: 396
UltramegaOK 19th March 2018

Hi guys, Just wondering what types of bass trapping would most effectively absorb broadband low frequencies (as low as...

PrittStick
replies: 3 views: 610
DanDan 19th March 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search