The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi guys, I've moved to a new home and got the whole floor to myself. There's plenty of space for gear, but I'm struggling to...

cuba1956
replies: 2 views: 479
cuba1956 22nd October 2017

Hello It's first time I've been experimenting with acoustics in my living room to optimize the sound. I've so far covered the...

m4x
replies: 1 views: 458
dinococcus 22nd October 2017

I have an issue with transmission of sound via an oak beam from my live room into an office next door. The beams are about...

Churchil
replies: 0 views: 281
Churchil 21st October 2017

So I'm thinking about bass traps and while making my own seem good But I came across acoustic foam products from arrowzoom and...

Limit54
replies: 0 views: 543
Limit54 20th October 2017

Don't have exact dimensions, but from picture (attached) they seem great - lovely long room, good width, and nice and symmetrical...

alligatorlizard
replies: 3 views: 489
OpusOfTrolls 20th October 2017

Here my predicament guys. I am setting up my home studio and I am getting this nasty buzz when recording direct into my...

metaljoseph
replies: 3 views: 631
EvilRoy 20th October 2017

hey guys So my wife says I can have one room for recording. Its really gonna be a control/mixing room, and sometimes it will...

antireign
replies: 2 views: 466
elgordito 19th October 2017

Hello, I'm building my studio at the moment, and having built the main shell, I'm looking to sort out the air supply and...

Hooked Music
replies: 0 views: 348
Hooked Music 19th October 2017

Hello fellow GS members, I want to place some bass traps in my threaded room but I'm not sure if the frame on my wall will...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 4 views: 465
TheKosherButcher 19th October 2017

Hi All, Feel free to move if necessary. I am hoping to get some help reading my REW results for a new 14'x10' (9' ceiling...

kbodrum
replies: 3 views: 844
JWL.GIK 19th October 2017

Hey guys! I just have a question that has been torturing me for ages... It is obvious that video monitors are reflective...

Websterion
replies: 2 views: 395
JWL.GIK 19th October 2017

Does anybody know of a solution to getting my computer monitor off my desk and away from me, in order to have it in between my...

ass assassins
replies: 9 views: 805
rathabar 19th October 2017

Hey Everyone, I've been a long time gearslutz user and I've gotten a ton of advice from all the extremely knowledgeable people...

gkiss
replies: 0 views: 447
gkiss 18th October 2017

Hi, Am about to moving house, renting, not much time to look, so not found anything with ideal space for a mixing room....

alligatorlizard
replies: 4 views: 500
alligatorlizard 18th October 2017

I decided to double layer all of my fiberglass acoustic panels with burlap before knowing if this could effect the absorption in...

jditmer0
replies: 12 views: 2,432
davidbigandt 18th October 2017

hello community! i wanna ask for your advice/opinions. i want to build me some mid/high absorbers, 100mm thick. i can get...

xRepx
replies: 0 views: 399
xRepx 18th October 2017

Dear all, as the title suggests this is not exactly a studio build, but I still hope to get some help here. I have been...

Neutrino
replies: 17 views: 751
Neutrino 18th October 2017

Can anyone refer me to a designer/builder that will do a professional home studio in Atlanta?

rnetko
replies: 3 views: 430
rnetko 17th October 2017

Hi, What is the best rock-wool insulation to put between the studs of a detached timber stud framed recording studio? The...

bump909
replies: 8 views: 1,540
bump909 17th October 2017

Hello Fellow Acoustics Fans, After a lot of time researching acoustics and figuring out logistics, the time has come to tackle...

rathabar
replies: 17 views: 1,164
rathabar 16th October 2017

Hi guys, this is my first post here in several years. I've been developing an excel spreadsheet that does some calculations...

SoundOfLiberty
replies: 2 views: 554
SoundOfLiberty 16th October 2017

i recently moved to a new townhouse and am now in the process of treating my studio room with acoustic panels. i live in...

D1WA
replies: 14 views: 4,253
elgordito 16th October 2017

Hey guys, I’m building some double sided acoustic panels, out of 1” Owens 703; I’d like to stick two of the panels...

Cool711
replies: 6 views: 475
bgood 16th October 2017

Thanks to BRILLIANT help by you fantastic people I'm almost done setting up my amateur home studio. A problem I have had has...

Samion
replies: 15 views: 707
DanDan 15th October 2017

In Dallas I can get Roxul Rockboard 80 for 5 times cheaper than Rockboard 60. It's 4 inch thick and I'm making a vocal screen. ...

Krush411
replies: 6 views: 1,531
nms 15th October 2017

EDIT: reformulating the question! I have a small project studio space of 2.3 x 4.8 x 3.4m (7.5 x 15.9 x 11ft; 1 : 2.1 : 2.5). I...

forestcreature
replies: 8 views: 548
forestcreature 14th October 2017

Hey Everyone, so I just used room eq wizard for the first time, and I'm not really sure what to do with this information. I...

chriscalifornia
replies: 5 views: 1,374
akebrake 14th October 2017

Hello from Ukraine! I have a several questions to you! 1. I'm going to costruct the corner bass traps for my bedroom studio...

Venkok
replies: 0 views: 469
Venkok 13th October 2017

Hello everyone, Disclaimer: I understand the theory behind placing the desk against the short wall, but due to the doors and...

chriscalifornia
replies: 7 views: 566
chriscalifornia 13th October 2017

I want to design a Hemholz Resonator (HR) with a response that looks like...

chrismeraz
replies: 3 views: 567
GearSlasher 13th October 2017

Does anyone knows the air flow resistivity of Basotect? I want to order this basotect product from Thomann -...

petergel
replies: 8 views: 859
DanDan 12th October 2017

Hello , I have just got my new yamaha HS7's , I produce trance music and I'm going for acoustic treatment . I have an option of...

MikeZero
replies: 12 views: 2,173
johnnyc 12th October 2017

Hi all, I am putting together a new mix room in my out house and I have sketched it up and I am currently looking at the...

Banksy3313
replies: 9 views: 513
DanDan 12th October 2017

Hi, I'm willing to treat my bedroom studio, and although I probably read most of the threads here I sitll have one or two...

Valenten
replies: 2 views: 404
Valenten 11th October 2017

Sound, at lower frequencies, behaves somewhat like ocean tides in an estuary. Despite being partially enclosed by land, an...

Wire Grind
replies: 2 views: 428
DanDan 11th October 2017

Hi. If I were to buy a house, and want to build a proper mix space, I would need to hire a designer. Any idea of what i should be...

salbinti
replies: 5 views: 469
sage691 11th October 2017

Hi, I'm trying to build a live room within an existing room on the second story of a 2 story industrial building....

CKlive4656
replies: 4 views: 323
rathabar 11th October 2017

Hi i have a basement room which i'll be converting into a karaoke cum Electronic Dance Music venue (like a mini disco). 1) Can...

quantum.acoustic
replies: 3 views: 388
JWL.GIK 11th October 2017

I have a question regarding something that has puzzled me for a long time and which I've been unable to find an explanation for...

Matt_Hillster
replies: 2 views: 358

I'm making some simple acoustic panels out of 703 insulation with a pine frame and I was looking at some acoustic fabric, but...

Astrosonix
replies: 6 views: 722

Hey y'all, I've got a small room off of my new studio that I'm hoping to use as a dead room/vocal booth. It's small - 5'8 wide...

AldenW
replies: 8 views: 891

I have an upstairs/downstairs set up for my home studio, not very spouse-friendly as there're mic cables running across the...

missswan
replies: 1 views: 741
rathabar 11th October 2017

Just spreading the word-- I saw an ad in TapeOp a few months ago from L.A. Sound Panels with a pic of some colored circular...

beats workin'
replies: 3 views: 482
beats workin' 10th October 2017

Hey first GS Post! howdy I need some ceiling advice. I have an unfinished room that is 14' x 17' with 8' Ceilings. The room...

marluck
replies: 7 views: 654
elgordito 10th October 2017

I've got some black burlap fabric to wrap OC703 with, but the yellow of the fiberglass can be seen through the fabric. Could I...

Deco
replies: 2 views: 512
Deco 10th October 2017

Hey guys, first time poster here. I am currently trying my best to treat an apartment bedroom. So far I've got some homemade 703...

mitchgonz
replies: 2 views: 393
mitchgonz 10th October 2017

Currently, I have a 10x10x8 music room where I record and mix various genres of music. Most recording is through an interface...

pjfox23
replies: 4 views: 490
Glamrock80 10th October 2017

Hi, I've got a small room (4x3m), threaded with 8 Primacoustic large Control Columns on the front and side walls and some...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 4 views: 430
JWL.GIK 10th October 2017

I've had my rode nt2a with the interface for a while now but I'm finally getting around to building my home studio, I've got the...

Onliconnect
replies: 3 views: 349
JWL.GIK 10th October 2017

Hello all, I'm planning to put OC R19 Batts in a suspended ceiling and hope to get some reassurance I'm not doing anything...

Jerbery
replies: 9 views: 560
Jerbery 10th October 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search