The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi guys, I am hear in hope to find some versed and experienced acousticians and/or engineers.. The title says it...

midmost
replies: 6 views: 978
DanDan 27th February 2018

So I've just been watching Sound on Sound's video on Paul Epworths "The Church Studios" in North London. And oh my,...

Reuben Falle
replies: 1 views: 450
bambamboom 27th February 2018

Hi All, I recently bought four GIK 244 Bass Traps and I was really impressed. Decided to purchase four of their DIY frames to...

Taking_Frags
replies: 4 views: 622
Taking_Frags 27th February 2018

This is my first post but I've been lurking this site for about 10 years and have easily found (priceless) solutions to just...

k.Trout
replies: 3 views: 541
bicarbone 26th February 2018

Can anyone recommend a formaldehyde-free, low GFR material that is available from big box stores in the U.S. (Home Depot,...

Jerbery
replies: 9 views: 715
Jerbery 26th February 2018

This is an idea for a 4' square panel with opposing conical shapes with elliptical curves. It is a slat design, fabric wraped...

Zep Dude
replies: 3 views: 516
Jens Eklund 26th February 2018

I have a tracking room that is roughly 11x16x8 which I'm trying to make look nicer (ie. not covered in ugly soundboard all over)....

jdurango
replies: 6 views: 845
jdurango 25th February 2018

I have a mid-size iso room (approx 11.5 x 6.5 x 8). It is shaped as a trapezoid with the ceiling oddly "arched" to...

jdurango
replies: 2 views: 467
jdurango 25th February 2018

I'm trying to install a door that needs to be soundproof but i dont understand what the rubbermembrane installation of this...

saywhaa
replies: 9 views: 668
Jason Foi 24th February 2018

Hi, I stumbled accross this site whilst researching creating a drum rehearsal room in a brick built outbuilding. I had visited...

douglass
replies: 16 views: 1,098
douglass 24th February 2018

Could someone please tell me why people build LEDE rooms still? Also, for mixing isn't a RFZ with only absorption on the back...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 71 views: 3,287
attaboy_jhb 23rd February 2018

I have a little one bedroom condo that seems to have no insulation in the walls. The first studio I treated was at my parents...

3rd Degree
replies: 2 views: 403
DanDan 23rd February 2018

The QRD diffuser seems like a good candidate for this or perhaps even the Arquen "leanfuser". Instead of building the...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 0 views: 427
attaboy_jhb 23rd February 2018

Hey guys Here's a sketch of my room and current...

Massan
replies: 10 views: 947
DanDan 23rd February 2018

Just wondering if anything can be done with a 2.4m x 2.4m x 2.4m room (about 8ft in each dimension). I'm recording direct, but...

deejayen
replies: 17 views: 829
explorer 23rd February 2018

Hello all, i've just completed a REW measurement of my room after adding significant amount of 4" traps from GIK and 4"...

vsthalion
replies: 4 views: 708
Glenn Kuras 23rd February 2018

Hello :) new to GS forum. Recently ive really been getting into optimizing the acoustics for my home theater. First I looked for...

Chris863
replies: 2 views: 768
Temple of Light 23rd February 2018

Hello everyone at Gearslutz! I am building my own little studio with some friends so I thought to get some advice from the...

yh2514
replies: 2 views: 841
yh2514 22nd February 2018

The frequency response of my monitors is 39 Hz–20 kHz, ±1.5 dB. When I listen to a sine wave sweep from 20hz to 20khz, from...

logjamparty
replies: 7 views: 563
DanDan 22nd February 2018

I recently came across this post by Thomas Jouanjean in the Pro Recording Workshop forum about the difficulties of calculating...

mpos
replies: 39 views: 3,118
nonstatic 22nd February 2018

Hey guys, I am new here. But I think I am in the right place :) (I hope!). I have accomplished the dream of a lifetime: having...

ketar
replies: 16 views: 703
Bushman 22nd February 2018

What's up guys? I need advice on getting better acoustics in my room. My dry vocal takes seem to have a lot of low end...

BillBillings
replies: 8 views: 589
BillBillings 22nd February 2018

So I'm converting my 20'x20' garage into a work office and project studio. It won't have a separate control room. The garage...

Bill Hambone
replies: 3 views: 514
DanDan 21st February 2018

Hey all im new to using the REW software and i cant for the life of me figure out how to calibrate my interface. Im using the...

Devangelist
replies: 4 views: 2,223
Grzesiek 21st February 2018

Hello my dear GS'ers I just started my music production/DJ passion more seriously a couple of months ago, I'm really in the...

FilibMusic
replies: 10 views: 811
thedberg 21st February 2018

Hello all, This is my first post here, although I have been lurking for quite awhile. So many of my searches end up on this...

scae1
replies: 2 views: 382
scae1 21st February 2018

Greetings all! Starting in the corners, I am in the process of trying to create a dry sounding space for recording upright bass,...

wretchasketch
replies: 9 views: 706
wretchasketch 21st February 2018

From what I understand, soffit mounting speakers helps minimise SBIR between the speaker and the front wall. I suppose this is...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 5 views: 564
Jens Eklund 21st February 2018

Hi, I just moved into a guest house to avoid dealing with noise complaints in the future and would really like some advice on...

Zaaaak
replies: 3 views: 421
FreshProduce 21st February 2018

I am wondering out loud here about at what point does a membrane, such as pegboard, hardboard, MDF etc, become a barrier to...

Temple of Light
replies: 13 views: 749
Temple of Light 21st February 2018

So I've got one tech thats telling me I need a 9,000 BTU Mitsubishi mini split, and another telling me to go with a 12,000 BTU...

logjamparty
replies: 1 views: 405
Mike Couzzi 20th February 2018

Lets say I have used broadband absorption in my room but I still have a few axial modes @ 120hz, 114hz, 90hz, 80hz, 62hz that I...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 22 views: 770
attaboy_jhb 20th February 2018

In vocal tracking room, I am building a V shape gobo to put behind the singer. Using OC 703. Should the vocal gobo be 4 inches...

Krush411
replies: 4 views: 571
DanDan 20th February 2018

I have a long rectangular room which will be my hybrid control room / live room and I need a storage area so I was thinking of...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 8 views: 501
Glenn Kuras 20th February 2018

Hi guys, I have taken over a studio space which I´m running with a friend at the moment. We have a small recording room,...

Gertius
replies: 4 views: 709
DanDan 20th February 2018

Do you guys think I could get a decent sound with acoustic treatment in my living room of my home? The room size is 12 x 20, with...

gabler
replies: 5 views: 414
Glenn Kuras 20th February 2018

I know the image is not great but there are two acoustic treatments on the wall behind. Can anyone make out what they are?

attaboy_jhb
replies: 14 views: 538
Jason Foi 20th February 2018

Hi all, I'm going to make a modular studio desk out of 4040 aluminium profile. The idea is to create a fully adjustable desk that...

Scoox
replies: 6 views: 1,118
Jens Eklund 20th February 2018

Hello everyone, I would like to put bass traps straddling a corner that has a door. I would like to put the 2 traps on top of...

Derek Reese
replies: 1 views: 462
Derek Reese 20th February 2018

Hi all: Summary of question - where should I orient my mixing desk? It's been a while since I've been in this forum as my...

Lights
replies: 4 views: 660
Noise Coalition 20th February 2018

I wanted to know what would happen if you you took a small room 9.5 x 9.5 and covered it completely in diffusers? An All...

Josh Richman
replies: 8 views: 956
Josh Richman 20th February 2018

I'm am moving into a new space for recording and am looking for suggestions. See the attached files for a layout. And other files...

ducksalot
replies: 5 views: 497
Jason Foi 19th February 2018

Hey guys, I've used REW a million times before. Today I suddenly can't get a signal coming in. I see a signal loud and clear...

chrismeraz
replies: 2 views: 586
Dogus 19th February 2018

I see that some manufacturers of acoustic treatment products offer a studio design service, or at least, recommendations on where...

deejayen
replies: 2 views: 406
deejayen 19th February 2018

Hi All, First time in the forums! I've been planning a build at the bottom of my garden, easily 30m from the house, and i was...

elasticc
replies: 2 views: 482
Starlight 19th February 2018

Hello, I am planning a new room and want to flush mount the first time. I still planned a few rooms with the LEDE principle and...

knightonabicycle
replies: 56 views: 7,408
knightonabicycle 19th February 2018

I just finished building 12 panels (6x2" & 6x4")... Regarding Placement of the bass traps in corner. Is it fine...

jazzmik2000
replies: 4 views: 492
jazzmik2000 19th February 2018

Over on John Sayers site it says: There are basically two ways to control low frequencies: Acoustic Hangers & Panel...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 2 views: 464
beeboss 19th February 2018

So we're about to add an audio bay to our current post facility. I've been given a choice of two room (neither particularly...

analog orange
replies: 5 views: 494
analog orange 19th February 2018

Hi! This studio desk project is the most advanced project I've design. Introduction: This is my very first design that...

Jarek S.
replies: 36 views: 4,755
VenVile 18th February 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search