The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Does any one use amp closets? or i think there called that like the big boxes you put a amp in. Would i be a good idea to make...

Deleted User
replies: 1 views: 1,412
Disjointed 12th February 2008

Hi guys, I've searched around a lot and can't seem to find a good answer to this. I'm am currently dissatisfied with my...

krs
replies: 7 views: 2,179
Ethan Winer 12th February 2008

Ive just moved into a new house and am having a "proper" vocal booth built soon (when money and time permits but soon)....

Rukas
replies: 3 views: 1,000
Rukas 12th February 2008

hi guys, im about to move into a new space... ive attached a pic of the room its basically about 6m x 6m (20ft x 20ft) the black...

wingcommander
replies: 4 views: 1,195
Glenn Kuras 12th February 2008

Hey guys, I have been reading this forum on and off for a while but until now I have seen no reason to post. Firstly I have done...

bnz
replies: 2 views: 2,860
Ethan Winer 11th February 2008

Hi fellow slutz, I am planning to purchase and reconstruct a smaller house for my studio because the place where I am staying...

David-Morpheus
replies: 1 views: 1,215
Ethan Winer 11th February 2008

hi all, i am building a studio in an old building behind my house. the studio will have a life-room, a control room and two...

arjan
replies: 4 views: 1,704
DeadPoet 11th February 2008

Hey all, Right now I've got my drums set up on an 8' x 8' wooden riser that is covered in carpet. The room is about 15 x 20...

TheBeast
replies: 13 views: 4,360
DeadPoet 11th February 2008

I am building a 12 X 14 room with 9 ft ceilings in the garage. I am only using a part of the garage because my landlord needs...

Nu-tra
replies: 2 views: 971
Nu-tra 11th February 2008

Hello was just wondering.... It seems like a general thing to have hard floors and treated ceilings. If the ceiling is hard and...

lordwesley
replies: 4 views: 2,010
bass man 10th February 2008

Greetings everyone, this is my first post after lurking for months! I have a basement practice space for my band, which I'd like...

Bootis
replies: 2 views: 1,743
JWL 10th February 2008

Hi everyone,howdy I am new here and this is my very first post. I've been reading the forum for a while already and I've found...

mel_sls
replies: 7 views: 1,494
avare 10th February 2008

I posted this in the John Sayers forum too, but figured I'd see if anyone here has any great ideas.kfhkh I'm going to be...

drastic
replies: 3 views: 1,065
gullfo 10th February 2008

Hi Can you post some links or info on how to build a room in a room ? It seems like i am not using the right words for...

bass man
replies: 10 views: 1,341
avare 10th February 2008

Small budget (School) Rehearsal room and studio Pair of Genelec 8030's already in house Isolation (Floor and Walls) and...

James Roper-Kum
replies: 1 views: 1,018
dannygold 9th February 2008

I recently added a sub to my setup and it's placed under my desk. I would like to keep it there if possible. The floor is...

backtothemusic
replies: 6 views: 9,473
auxpot 9th February 2008

I'm, putting up a new studio from the ground. I'm mainly focusing on mixing (and some mastering), but i'd like to have a space...

Jenz
replies: 9 views: 2,949
barefoot 8th February 2008

Hi all, our commercial music production facility is planing on expanding-- we need to build two new writer's studios with a...

alexkemp
replies: 1 views: 1,051
mixerguy 8th February 2008

I'm actually a noob to this place so hey. Well I'm actually looking into acoustic solutions for my small home based mixing studio...

HUFO_2000
replies: 4 views: 1,309
Glenn Kuras 7th February 2008

I found something that might fit my needs well on musicians"friend"; Buy Studio RTA Producer Station online at...

Anselmo
replies: 4 views: 17,592
Style&Function 6th February 2008

i have finally finished a nice lil studio, and i decided to take some SPL readings last night to calculate the science of...

Disjointed
replies: 10 views: 1,459
Disjointed 6th February 2008

So here is a diagram showing the measurements and features of the room I am recording in and several photos of the same room. I...

RundgrenRules
replies: 1 views: 1,056
Ethan Winer 6th February 2008

So, we need to look at our control room. Part of me wants to measure the room's response (and do some math), but the other...

Seamus TM
replies: 35 views: 3,300
JWL 5th February 2008

does it has to be symmetrical? my room is 8m x 4m- i want to put some instr. drums-rhodes-etc in the front and the mixer in...

gem
replies: 1 views: 1,127
Ethan Winer 5th February 2008

These parameters, as they are implemeneted in Lexicon processors, are some of the most useful things to me in achieving the sound...

Ben B
replies: 0 views: 1,081
Ben B 4th February 2008

Hell, there might be ones better, but I haven't seen it yet. For the me the ultimate tome for acoustics is The Master Handbook of...

jamsmith
replies: 11 views: 2,133
andrebrito 3rd February 2008

Hi everyone, My wife and I are building a rehearsal studio in and old butcher's shop. We would like to know what is needed to...

Dougie Murray
replies: 25 views: 10,106
stevennn 2nd February 2008

hey guys, i dont know too much about acoustics and speaker placement, so please bear with me if i sound really ignorant. i'm...

andyhsong
replies: 3 views: 4,798
bpape 1st February 2008

Well, I basically said it. I have recorded a song, and a lot of it is really bad. (Yeah, I know..:p) I'm totally knew to...

Bhmt
replies: 1 views: 1,215
Bhmt 31st January 2008

Hello all and thank you in advance for your replies... It was suggested that my back wall be bare...drums face it so I...

amba
replies: 2 views: 1,200
JWL 31st January 2008

any one have any ideas of some cheap things i could build to help acoustic treat a room. But it has to be abel to be moved easly...

Deleted User
replies: 2 views: 1,067
Glenn Kuras 31st January 2008

Just a reminder to everyone..... ....that if you see flame wars building on GS threads, please use the 'report a post' function....

Jules
replies: 0 views: 1,256
Jules 31st January 2008
replies: 0 views: 921
cassiopamusic 30th January 2008

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as far as room design. I have a very small CR with a lot of bass...

The Studio RI
replies: 20 views: 2,792
The Studio RI 29th January 2008

Is this a DIY or should I have a professional do it...has anyone here done this? Thanking you in advance, amba

amba
replies: 0 views: 965
amba 29th January 2008

I'm moving to a new flat where there's a 'sensitive' lady below me. I plan to make a riser made from 4 inches of rockwool. On top...

kedbear
replies: 0 views: 1,801
kedbear 28th January 2008

I am constructing an iso booth and I have a 1/4 panel from Pro Co. The panel didn't come with any instructions on how to connect...

ToneRich
replies: 1 views: 1,070
cjmnash 27th January 2008

first off i really appreciate the advise I've received from these forums so cheers to any one for having a think about this! i...

sheltersoton
replies: 5 views: 1,406
JWL 27th January 2008

I've just had an offer accepted on a house in the UK which has a 24' x 20' concrete garage into which I want to build my studio...

richardswag
replies: 5 views: 3,238
richardswag 26th January 2008

So I have been looking for a new space for my studio for about 4 months now and this is the best space that I have found so far....

FormulaReed
replies: 6 views: 2,490
FormulaReed 26th January 2008

Does anyone know if anyone makes a shell that could be used for critical listening, mastering or mixing?

Peter MacColeman
replies: 6 views: 1,149
jayfrigo 25th January 2008

Hey everyone, I'm looking to install a new heavy door leading into my live room. The studio was originally built my tenants of...

TheRealRoach
replies: 5 views: 1,635
JWL 25th January 2008

I have just remodeled my drum room. It exists inside my 20x20 garage. I play and teach drums and want to do some recording as...

rhythman
replies: 3 views: 1,283
Glenn Kuras 25th January 2008

what's the smallest sized room that would be worth using as a monitoring space? largest? ideal?

music321
replies: 3 views: 2,058
JWL 25th January 2008

what is the disadvantage to recording in a dead room? wouldn't a dead room convey exactly what the monitors are...

music321
replies: 6 views: 1,206
JWL 25th January 2008

Hello and thank you in advance for your reply... My Tracking room is L=18' and W=10' I was wondering if I will get strange...

amba
replies: 2 views: 1,423
amba 25th January 2008

Hi GSers, Hope you are all well. I originally posted a thread in the "Photo Diary Threads" (probably the wrong...

TimbaBeat
replies: 0 views: 1,030
TimbaBeat 23rd January 2008

I saw a post somewhere on gearslutz where someone basically set up their room and then posted some sort of computer chart that...

Mesa4x12er
replies: 2 views: 1,170
Peter MacColeman 23rd January 2008

i've been searching for a space to relocate my current studio to. it's a relatively modest setup but one with which i have had...

sheltersoton
replies: 0 views: 1,371
sheltersoton 23rd January 2008

I want to build a studio beside my house. The space is 24 feet wide x 32 feet long. I think a decent height would be acceptable...

maestro
replies: 0 views: 1,416
maestro 23rd January 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search