The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

what is the disadvantage to recording in a dead room? wouldn't a dead room convey exactly what the monitors are...

music321
replies: 6 views: 1,196
JWL 25th January 2008

Hello and thank you in advance for your reply... My Tracking room is L=18' and W=10' I was wondering if I will get strange...

amba
replies: 2 views: 1,404
amba 25th January 2008

Hi GSers, Hope you are all well. I originally posted a thread in the "Photo Diary Threads" (probably the wrong...

TimbaBeat
replies: 0 views: 1,007
TimbaBeat 23rd January 2008

I saw a post somewhere on gearslutz where someone basically set up their room and then posted some sort of computer chart that...

Mesa4x12er
replies: 2 views: 1,149
Peter MacColeman 23rd January 2008

i've been searching for a space to relocate my current studio to. it's a relatively modest setup but one with which i have had...

sheltersoton
replies: 0 views: 1,354
sheltersoton 23rd January 2008

I want to build a studio beside my house. The space is 24 feet wide x 32 feet long. I think a decent height would be acceptable...

maestro
replies: 0 views: 1,403
maestro 23rd January 2008

Does anyone offer this service in the New York area that wouldn't cost me more than the cost of all of my equipment ten fold?...

tombak
replies: 4 views: 3,797
Ethan Winer 22nd January 2008

I finally settled on an NTI Mini SPL Mic, Bruel and Kjaer 4230 SPL Calibrator, and a copy of fuzz measure for my Macbook Pro. :)...

Peter MacColeman
replies: 0 views: 948
Peter MacColeman 22nd January 2008

I need some strong glue for rigid acoustical panels that I will put on bricks. I was thinking about gorilla glue or loctite...

truth123123
replies: 7 views: 1,956
big country 22nd January 2008

A friend of mine has a rehearsal space that he wants to make into a recording space as well. There is a small 'control room'...

Marlowe
replies: 5 views: 1,445
Marlowe 22nd January 2008

The room will be used for drums (ceilings very low hence using more ambient techniques rather than overheads) guitars...

fifthflaw
replies: 4 views: 1,748
kurt 22nd January 2008

I have been considering getting one of the Radio Shack SPL meters and everyone tells me analog is the way to go. Why is that?

Peter MacColeman
replies: 2 views: 1,299
Peter MacColeman 21st January 2008

Nice.. building for a father to play music in the basement with his son and friends. Low ceiling/concrete floor.. I was...

supafuzz
replies: 5 views: 1,261
gullfo 21st January 2008

I was just wondering what mics you guys are using for "shooting" your accoustic space.I was looking at the B'ringer and...

bit mangler
replies: 1 views: 1,526
Ethan Winer 21st January 2008

Heyy im thinking about getting some wood about 4 ft high and 3ft wide. like 2 pieces and hingeing them togeather then putting...

Deleted User
replies: 1 views: 932
Glenn Kuras 21st January 2008

Hi all, maybe this has been covered but a buddy of mine wants to build a vocal booth. Kind of like a Whisper Room without the...

foolsfortune
replies: 3 views: 1,643
six_wax 21st January 2008

Dear slutz, I have a free room here that I'm planning to convert into a tracking/mixing and rehearsal room for my...

murilix
replies: 6 views: 1,145
Glenn Kuras 20th January 2008

hey guys... asked a few months ago for advise on laying out my new studio, have done a lot of research since then (thanks...

imaverysoundman
replies: 22 views: 3,433
Glenn Kuras 20th January 2008

Hi all, I now have enuff of an understanding to be completely dangerous. I have seen a lot of information in the past couple of...

LittleJohn
replies: 2 views: 1,576
LittleJohn 20th January 2008

Does a slant ceiling negative influences my vocals that I record? confoosed Attached you'll find a crappy draw of my booth...

FULL-DUPLEX
replies: 1 views: 1,762
nosebleedaudio 19th January 2008

Hello, please, can someone tell me if tracking room 24'x20'x10' is big enough for tracking drums? I'm asking, because I'm in...

karas
replies: 4 views: 1,171
karas 18th January 2008

i've been looking for a new space for a while now but i'm struggling to find a space that's really what i want... i've found a...

sheltersoton
replies: 4 views: 1,383
Ethan Winer 18th January 2008

hey guys, i will be building a new studio soon. but i have some questions about soundproofing... the building is made of...

arjan
replies: 21 views: 4,161
Eric Desart 18th January 2008

I’m about to build a new studio control room from the ground up. Conventional construction: wood frame, drywall, and a...

newstudio2007
replies: 10 views: 4,935
newstudio2007 16th January 2008

Hi there, Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have my humble studio set up in a spare room in my house but I need...

montanasan
replies: 2 views: 1,129
montanasan 16th January 2008

My partner and i have found a very cool warehouse in LA that we are considering making into a gear storage/studio space. The...

Ganglion
replies: 0 views: 957
Ganglion 16th January 2008

Sorry to post this here but I didn't see how to post in the "Studio construction & acoustics" section. I'm...

Dennis
replies: 8 views: 6,408
rufus13 15th January 2008

Please ignore. Sorry.

montanasan
replies: 0 views: 2,089
montanasan 15th January 2008

I was just reading another thread and it came up that the only way to check the mix for the car is to check it in the car. We all...

Phunkeman
replies: 7 views: 1,328
avare 15th January 2008

I want to make this room sound as good as possible and understand it's weaknesses. So, I'm posting here seeking any advice on...

Chuck Wool
replies: 8 views: 1,657
gullfo 15th January 2008

Hello all, I tried to hang acoustic panels in an orderly fashion but I am not sure that it's helping out my recorded drum...

shrimpbait
replies: 9 views: 5,593
shrimpbait 12th January 2008

ok - if i start searching this i may lose it, so apologies if its been covered to death.. i'm running a sine wave into a mono...

LouD.
replies: 7 views: 1,243
Ethan Winer 11th January 2008

Hi there, Anyone out there using stuff from Ghost Acoustics? I'm thinking of giving it a go.

montanasan
replies: 11 views: 3,450
andrebrito 11th January 2008

Howdy GS buddies! Just bought a house with some very faulty wiring, so a call to an electrician is just a few days away. While...

mojo1
replies: 20 views: 1,703
jamsmith 10th January 2008

Hello, Now that I've had confirmation that my room has a very uneven frequency response, I'll start building more bass traps,...

djanogil
replies: 6 views: 1,091
Glenn Kuras 10th January 2008
replies: 0 views: 4,633
jayfrigo 10th January 2008

I'm trying to make the best situation out of a small control room. It's 8x13 with 8 ft flat ceilings. The floors are wood...

BJohnston
replies: 6 views: 1,273

Try sound proofing a hangar. http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1559/soundproofyb9.jpg

superfuxxor
replies: 7 views: 1,487

It looks like we finally found a suitable place for our new mastering facility - if everything works out the way we'd like to......

mischa janisch
replies: 13 views: 1,979

with limited time and funds, and a growing family forcing me out of the much nicer accomodations upstairs. i was given the old...

trock
replies: 12 views: 1,802
Disjointed 9th January 2008

hi all! i just bought a pair of P33A's and i'm bringing them to studio today. i want to make a surround setup where they will be...

danijel
replies: 5 views: 1,845
danijel 8th January 2008

Hello all, I don't have resources or time to get the 'real thing' in for my floor. In fact, I can't find the...

zandurian
replies: 2 views: 1,315
zandurian 8th January 2008

Hi, I have my studio in a finished basement. There is a small bathroom 12 feet or so behind my mix desk on the back wall. It has...

bitman
replies: 4 views: 1,383
Glenn Kuras 8th January 2008

I was thinking that this new acoustics forum should have a moderator like all the rest. So it is my opinion that Glenn from GIK...

Jradn
replies: 2 views: 1,039
Glenn Kuras 8th January 2008

hi, i am about to hang my acoustic panels before and i just wanted to check in before they go up that they are in the correct...

macleod
replies: 10 views: 1,348
Græmatter Audio 8th January 2008

Hello, I'm building a mainly synth-based home studio in my basement. The room is 12' x 24' and I just finished placing R-19...

Mr. Varaldo
replies: 5 views: 2,364
chetatkinsdiet 8th January 2008

i've always thought about plants and their effect as diffusors, etc. anyone ever do anything like that? a wall of ivy for...

jdg
replies: 3 views: 1,309
andrebrito 8th January 2008

I read about to concept, both refer as "room in room" construction but they seem different: 1. floating floor above...

lowswing
replies: 1 views: 1,192
DSD_Mastering 7th January 2008

I have programed 7 chromatic scales with a sine wave playing from C1 to C8, and listening back there are obvious level...

djanogil
replies: 5 views: 1,118
bpape 7th January 2008

It's rather a simple question and i have no idea if it makes any sense at all. I never read anything about this so i just thought...

AlexRoudos
replies: 4 views: 1,303
JWL 7th January 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search