The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In an ideal world, and if ceiling height is not a problem (4m in my case), how small an area could work OK as a drum...

bing81
replies: 5 views: 1,606
gullfo 12th March 2008

I have been trying to do some research into a recommended wall thickness for recording studios. I'm not having much luck. Could...

ejboom1
replies: 2 views: 6,019
gullfo 12th March 2008

I am having a hard time coming up with a good control room ratio using modecalc for a studio. The rooms minimum dimensions have...

ejboom1
replies: 4 views: 842
ejboom1 12th March 2008
replies: 3 views: 8,497
BudgetMC 11th March 2008

I was bored and decided to design my future studio (I wish). The first pic is an overhead view with labels for each...

laughton
replies: 12 views: 1,247
jinksdingo 11th March 2008

Hello alll.... i have been facing problem in my vocal booth, it's square and it also have been built with good quality acoustic...

moosamix
replies: 2 views: 858
moosamix 11th March 2008

I'm converting my detached garage into a studio, and am planning to run cables from the house into the studio. I have 2 questions...

divingduck
replies: 7 views: 1,055
divingduck 10th March 2008

Would what they did actually work? It seemed very noobish what they had. Here's pretty much what they did. They kept the walls...

acdctom92
replies: 9 views: 1,297
Glenn Kuras 10th March 2008

Greetings, everyone! My finished basement room is a long rectangle, 11' x 23'. The walls are sheetrock, and floor is carpeted,...

KinonMusic
replies: 7 views: 1,733
KinonMusic 10th March 2008

Hi all, so in the past I had not a bad sounding room but far away from what I had in my mind. What do you think about this...

Deleted 99dc753
replies: 11 views: 1,553
gullfo 9th March 2008

I just built a wall in the living room of my house... 2"X4" construction with stringers. I added sheetrock to one side...

replies: 7 views: 1,214
Rick Sutton 9th March 2008

So i'm currently mixing/tracking in a room 10X10 with m-audio bx8 monitors. In six months i will be moving to a new house where...

trux
replies: 1 views: 1,988
Ethan Winer 9th March 2008

I'm planning to finish my unfinished basement studio, and was looking for some suggestions on what to do regarding...

simplecarnival
replies: 16 views: 30,593
666666 9th March 2008

What are mac users using for room analyzing software? All i ever see is links to PC/Windows stuff.

Mixocalypse
replies: 6 views: 2,078
jacko 9th March 2008

My parents just offered me a room in the garage that's about ten by eleven by eight high. It's unfinished, so I can fix it up...

acdctom92
replies: 4 views: 1,855
acdctom92 8th March 2008

Hi there What should i do with rockwool to create good studio aqusticks? Is rockwool creating "bad air" inside? Is...

flex nes
replies: 1 views: 879
Ethan Winer 8th March 2008
replies: - views: -
cww2 8th March 2008

Does any have any experience using stopgap by auralex? Is there a difference between this product and other sealant generic...

[email protected]
replies: 0 views: 1,109
[email protected] 7th March 2008

Just moved to a new space and I'm starting to layout my new room. The room has an odd layout and shape which is making the...

Implicit
replies: 5 views: 1,557
Ethan Winer 7th March 2008

I may buy a house where the only possible space for me to work in would be the basement which has a height of about 220cm...

djanogil
replies: 9 views: 3,159
djanogil 7th March 2008

I have 16 pieces of 2'x4' Auralex 2" wedge acoustic foam laying around from an isolation booth in an old studio. Clearly...

Implicit
replies: 4 views: 1,246
Implicit 7th March 2008

This is kind of related to a recent thread, but different... I'm going to put a fairly standard security system into my new...

DanGo
replies: 3 views: 843
DanGo 6th March 2008

We're rebuilding a number of our video finishing rooms (for 5.1). There will be limited space. We're trying to tackle the issue...

Timsplace
replies: 3 views: 864
Bob Olhsson 6th March 2008

Hi there :-) Anyone here knows where I can find some advice on how to make a great sounding drum room? My room is build...

lydfar
replies: 8 views: 1,155
lydfar 6th March 2008

I am in the starting process of building a new mid sized room, I am actually checking out a few places. The goal of this room...

Tom H
replies: 7 views: 3,123
Tom H 6th March 2008

i recently have started building an isolation booth and ran into a snag.... along one of my walls i have a bout 1 inch gap in...

[email protected]
replies: 0 views: 986
[email protected] 5th March 2008

We are buying a with a basement. In one corner of said basement will be my little studio. It is currently a small BR. I will be...

Old Goat
replies: 7 views: 1,321
johndykstra 4th March 2008

Hi I have an about 25 squaremeter room with concrete walls. I think i should buy some rockwool. how thick plates? Thanks...

flex nes
replies: 2 views: 969
Glenn Kuras 4th March 2008

Hello all. I have an opportunity to get some studio space that I can afford (!) and is conveniently located. It's in some old...

AlphaDingo
replies: 5 views: 1,047
Ethan Winer 4th March 2008

So I bought this house that used to be a real good recording studio here in PHX. It used to be called Anthem. They had a...

Chris G
replies: 4 views: 1,539
Chris G 4th March 2008

I finally got REW (room eq wizard) working and did an analysis of my home studio room. I have bass traps floor-ceiling in all 4...

mamm7215
replies: 3 views: 943
Ethan Winer 3rd March 2008

I'm planning on building an interior wall to bisect my studio space. It will be 21' 4" long and 7' 10" tall. One...

Sid Menon
replies: 4 views: 1,050
avare 3rd March 2008

I'm constructing some Quadratic Residue Diffusors (for diffusion of course) and was wondering how high in frequency the critical...

thadman
replies: 5 views: 890
avare 2nd March 2008

For audio, video, and high-class networking in a 4000 sq ft studio. That works out to $4.50/sq ft. How does that figure match...

Clueless
replies: 11 views: 2,079
PlugHead 1st March 2008

Ok, so do I make some stands for these speakers or not? They are currently sitting on some Auralex mopads, but if I made stands...

bluehiro
replies: 1 views: 1,176
Jay. 1st March 2008

Anyone tried these? STUDIOBOX Modular Acoustic Booths, Sound proof Booths We're looking to move to another location but all...

Mile-High
replies: 1 views: 1,417
The MPCist 29th February 2008

My current room..... http://www.davidteren.com/photos/current.jpg This weekend I'll be moving into this...

Sonic Nomad
replies: 6 views: 1,129
Sonic Nomad 29th February 2008

so I work in an office, and we just built a new building. they put is in the top floor. its crazy. its a big open room. the...

stellar
replies: 2 views: 1,482
stellar 29th February 2008

Hello acoustic slutz... I recently built 8 bass traps for my room following the advice of Ethan and other forum members and I...

Vinja
replies: 1 views: 1,087
Ethan Winer 28th February 2008

I'm buying a new place (closing in April), and the room that I'm putting my gear in is less than ideal. None of the vertical...

TRA
replies: 1 views: 1,161
Ethan Winer 28th February 2008

How can you sound proof an apartment enough where your neighbors won’t call the cops and it won’t break the bank?

bibleboy3
replies: 7 views: 1,026
alexp 27th February 2008

i think i know what i want to do, but want to get a quick check before i start tearing stuff out... smallish basement with some...

sjwaud
replies: 2 views: 1,392
Manfriday 27th February 2008
replies: 17 views: 3,693
Græmatter Audio 26th February 2008

...Take a look at a few pictures of my room and give me some advice. About a year or so ago, I sent pictures to a company and...

redddog
replies: 17 views: 1,452
redddog 26th February 2008

Hello to all. Some time ago I hired an acoustic company to design and construct my recording studio. Unfortunatelly the company...

Nikolaos
replies: 10 views: 2,574
Hannes_F 26th February 2008

considering remodeling and expanding our studio here in the greater seattle area. does anyone have any references for good,...

destiny brandon
replies: 3 views: 1,160
DSD_Mastering 26th February 2008

How much sound can I really stop? I am going to rent a warehouse and live/work there. How much isolation can I really get...

kmbmotorshop
replies: 10 views: 1,354
Sui_City 25th February 2008

All this time I've been trying to organize my room to try and make it easiest to record in, when it just occured to me that there...

acdctom92
replies: 4 views: 1,115
acdctom92 24th February 2008

This forum ROCKS!!!!!!!!! Y'all have helped soooooo much!!! If any of you guys are headin' through Gainesville, FL, look me...

AnalogBrain
replies: 3 views: 964
Glenn Kuras 24th February 2008

I'm building a studio on one room and I'm looking to spend a few thousand dollars on completely insulating it from the my wife...

DreamSound
replies: 2 views: 1,276
DreamSound 24th February 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search