The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Can you post some links or info on how to build a room in a room ? It seems like i am not using the right words for...

bass man
replies: 10 views: 1,312
avare 10th February 2008

Small budget (School) Rehearsal room and studio Pair of Genelec 8030's already in house Isolation (Floor and Walls) and...

James Roper-Kum
replies: 1 views: 993
dannygold 9th February 2008

I recently added a sub to my setup and it's placed under my desk. I would like to keep it there if possible. The floor is...

backtothemusic
replies: 6 views: 9,252
auxpot 9th February 2008

I'm, putting up a new studio from the ground. I'm mainly focusing on mixing (and some mastering), but i'd like to have a space...

Jenz
replies: 9 views: 2,921
barefoot 8th February 2008

Hi all, our commercial music production facility is planing on expanding-- we need to build two new writer's studios with a...

alexkemp
replies: 1 views: 1,027
mixerguy 8th February 2008

I'm actually a noob to this place so hey. Well I'm actually looking into acoustic solutions for my small home based mixing studio...

HUFO_2000
replies: 4 views: 1,273
Glenn Kuras 7th February 2008

I found something that might fit my needs well on musicians"friend"; Buy Studio RTA Producer Station online at...

Anselmo
replies: 4 views: 17,132
Style&Function 6th February 2008

i have finally finished a nice lil studio, and i decided to take some SPL readings last night to calculate the science of...

Disjointed
replies: 10 views: 1,428
Disjointed 6th February 2008

So here is a diagram showing the measurements and features of the room I am recording in and several photos of the same room. I...

RundgrenRules
replies: 1 views: 1,015
Ethan Winer 6th February 2008

So, we need to look at our control room. Part of me wants to measure the room's response (and do some math), but the other...

Seamus TM
replies: 35 views: 3,219
JWL 5th February 2008

does it has to be symmetrical? my room is 8m x 4m- i want to put some instr. drums-rhodes-etc in the front and the mixer in...

gem
replies: 1 views: 1,102
Ethan Winer 5th February 2008

These parameters, as they are implemeneted in Lexicon processors, are some of the most useful things to me in achieving the sound...

Ben B
replies: 0 views: 1,059
Ben B 4th February 2008

Hell, there might be ones better, but I haven't seen it yet. For the me the ultimate tome for acoustics is The Master Handbook of...

jamsmith
replies: 11 views: 2,092
andrebrito 3rd February 2008

Hi everyone, My wife and I are building a rehearsal studio in and old butcher's shop. We would like to know what is needed to...

Dougie Murray
replies: 25 views: 9,968
stevennn 2nd February 2008

hey guys, i dont know too much about acoustics and speaker placement, so please bear with me if i sound really ignorant. i'm...

andyhsong
replies: 3 views: 4,679
bpape 1st February 2008

Well, I basically said it. I have recorded a song, and a lot of it is really bad. (Yeah, I know..:p) I'm totally knew to...

Bhmt
replies: 1 views: 1,185
Bhmt 31st January 2008

Hello all and thank you in advance for your replies... It was suggested that my back wall be bare...drums face it so I...

amba
replies: 2 views: 1,163
JWL 31st January 2008

any one have any ideas of some cheap things i could build to help acoustic treat a room. But it has to be abel to be moved easly...

Deleted User
replies: 2 views: 1,026
Glenn Kuras 31st January 2008

Just a reminder to everyone..... ....that if you see flame wars building on GS threads, please use the 'report a post' function....

Jules
replies: 0 views: 1,232
Jules 31st January 2008
replies: 0 views: 891
cassiopamusic 30th January 2008

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as far as room design. I have a very small CR with a lot of bass...

The Studio RI
replies: 20 views: 2,740
The Studio RI 29th January 2008

Is this a DIY or should I have a professional do it...has anyone here done this? Thanking you in advance, amba

amba
replies: 0 views: 924
amba 29th January 2008

I'm moving to a new flat where there's a 'sensitive' lady below me. I plan to make a riser made from 4 inches of rockwool. On top...

kedbear
replies: 0 views: 1,766
kedbear 28th January 2008

I am constructing an iso booth and I have a 1/4 panel from Pro Co. The panel didn't come with any instructions on how to connect...

ToneRich
replies: 1 views: 1,043
cjmnash 27th January 2008

first off i really appreciate the advise I've received from these forums so cheers to any one for having a think about this! i...

sheltersoton
replies: 5 views: 1,380
JWL 27th January 2008

I've just had an offer accepted on a house in the UK which has a 24' x 20' concrete garage into which I want to build my studio...

richardswag
replies: 5 views: 3,172
richardswag 26th January 2008

So I have been looking for a new space for my studio for about 4 months now and this is the best space that I have found so far....

FormulaReed
replies: 6 views: 2,400
FormulaReed 26th January 2008

Does anyone know if anyone makes a shell that could be used for critical listening, mastering or mixing?

Peter MacColeman
replies: 6 views: 1,116
jayfrigo 25th January 2008

Hey everyone, I'm looking to install a new heavy door leading into my live room. The studio was originally built my tenants of...

TheRealRoach
replies: 5 views: 1,601
JWL 25th January 2008

I have just remodeled my drum room. It exists inside my 20x20 garage. I play and teach drums and want to do some recording as...

rhythman
replies: 3 views: 1,255
Glenn Kuras 25th January 2008

what's the smallest sized room that would be worth using as a monitoring space? largest? ideal?

music321
replies: 3 views: 2,019
JWL 25th January 2008

what is the disadvantage to recording in a dead room? wouldn't a dead room convey exactly what the monitors are...

music321
replies: 6 views: 1,184
JWL 25th January 2008

Hello and thank you in advance for your reply... My Tracking room is L=18' and W=10' I was wondering if I will get strange...

amba
replies: 2 views: 1,392
amba 25th January 2008

Hi GSers, Hope you are all well. I originally posted a thread in the "Photo Diary Threads" (probably the wrong...

TimbaBeat
replies: 0 views: 996
TimbaBeat 23rd January 2008

I saw a post somewhere on gearslutz where someone basically set up their room and then posted some sort of computer chart that...

Mesa4x12er
replies: 2 views: 1,138
Peter MacColeman 23rd January 2008

i've been searching for a space to relocate my current studio to. it's a relatively modest setup but one with which i have had...

sheltersoton
replies: 0 views: 1,342
sheltersoton 23rd January 2008

I want to build a studio beside my house. The space is 24 feet wide x 32 feet long. I think a decent height would be acceptable...

maestro
replies: 0 views: 1,392
maestro 23rd January 2008

Does anyone offer this service in the New York area that wouldn't cost me more than the cost of all of my equipment ten fold?...

tombak
replies: 4 views: 3,781
Ethan Winer 22nd January 2008

I finally settled on an NTI Mini SPL Mic, Bruel and Kjaer 4230 SPL Calibrator, and a copy of fuzz measure for my Macbook Pro. :)...

Peter MacColeman
replies: 0 views: 939
Peter MacColeman 22nd January 2008

I need some strong glue for rigid acoustical panels that I will put on bricks. I was thinking about gorilla glue or loctite...

truth123123
replies: 7 views: 1,943
big country 22nd January 2008

A friend of mine has a rehearsal space that he wants to make into a recording space as well. There is a small 'control room'...

Marlowe
replies: 5 views: 1,433
Marlowe 22nd January 2008

The room will be used for drums (ceilings very low hence using more ambient techniques rather than overheads) guitars...

fifthflaw
replies: 4 views: 1,736
kurt 22nd January 2008

I have been considering getting one of the Radio Shack SPL meters and everyone tells me analog is the way to go. Why is that?

Peter MacColeman
replies: 2 views: 1,289
Peter MacColeman 21st January 2008

Nice.. building for a father to play music in the basement with his son and friends. Low ceiling/concrete floor.. I was...

supafuzz
replies: 5 views: 1,248
gullfo 21st January 2008

I was just wondering what mics you guys are using for "shooting" your accoustic space.I was looking at the B'ringer and...

bit mangler
replies: 1 views: 1,509
Ethan Winer 21st January 2008

Heyy im thinking about getting some wood about 4 ft high and 3ft wide. like 2 pieces and hingeing them togeather then putting...

Deleted User
replies: 1 views: 922
Glenn Kuras 21st January 2008

Hi all, maybe this has been covered but a buddy of mine wants to build a vocal booth. Kind of like a Whisper Room without the...

foolsfortune
replies: 3 views: 1,634
six_wax 21st January 2008

Dear slutz, I have a free room here that I'm planning to convert into a tracking/mixing and rehearsal room for my...

murilix
replies: 6 views: 1,135
Glenn Kuras 20th January 2008

hey guys... asked a few months ago for advise on laying out my new studio, have done a lot of research since then (thanks...

imaverysoundman
replies: 22 views: 3,384
Glenn Kuras 20th January 2008

Hi all, I now have enuff of an understanding to be completely dangerous. I have seen a lot of information in the past couple of...

LittleJohn
replies: 2 views: 1,567
LittleJohn 20th January 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search