The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I just got Rod Gervais's book, though it seems very technical and well documented in terms of acoustics and building techniques,...

djanogil
replies: 6 views: 1,164
jayfrigo 17th May 2008

Ok Im Completely New To This So I Need All The Help I Can Get! Im Renting So I Cant Do Anything That Cannot Be Removed Later As...

TaeG
replies: 1 views: 976
TaeG 17th May 2008

My setup is: Rode K2 > RNP (preamp) > RNC (compressor) > Tascam US-144 (interface) > Laptop I have ?2...

LGKMusic
replies: 0 views: 710
LGKMusic 17th May 2008

Finished my attic studio this year and i'm having one issue. I killed all the first reflections and did extensive bass...

bwack
replies: 6 views: 973
bwack 17th May 2008

I apologize, this is probably a very dumb question, but I've learned in the past that when it comes to pro acoustics, NEVER...

replies: 0 views: 2,481
666666 16th May 2008

In my room I have two large bottom to almost ceiling windows, one which also acts as a door to a balcony. I was wondering about...

datune
replies: 2 views: 955
datune 16th May 2008
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Hi all, I already posted about this on another forum. Ethan replied but that was before I posted a pic and some more info so I...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 2 views: 900
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 15th May 2008

Hello people, My name is Giorgio and I am from Athens, Greece. I am currently constructing a home studio for my production...

giorgio loco
replies: 2 views: 702
Weasel9992 15th May 2008

I´m about to start looking for a new appartment for my family, and I´m considering investing in an extra room where I can set...

eråk
replies: 14 views: 1,325
JWL 15th May 2008

I have some incandescent lightbulbs in my "home theater" that make a very annoying very high-pitched noise. I've...

replies: 2 views: 3,077
Ethan Winer 14th May 2008

Ok so I have this room I'm re aranging ( I posted the question somewhere else on the forum about placing my mixer/speakers) My...

mdjice
replies: 25 views: 1,515
mdjice 14th May 2008

We're starting a small Church that will be doing around a 6 piece rock band and we have a bit of a limited area :). The room will...

Almy
replies: 2 views: 1,167
Almy 14th May 2008

Hey All- I've been shopping for a building and I looked at a bunch now. . . I'm wondering if anyone here has a studio that...

RyanC
replies: 6 views: 1,086
Zabak 13th May 2008

Hiya! I have a bunch of treatment in my studio space, and I think it sounds fairly good. My band also rehearses in my...

fooman
replies: 1 views: 1,009
Ethan Winer 13th May 2008

All, My "studio to be" has concrete walls on 3 sides (basement) and a concrete floor. The floor above will be self...

rattledaddy
replies: 8 views: 5,963
avare 13th May 2008

Lets say your studio isnt built or designed yet and you are buying a console with a patchbay. Would you put the patchbay on the...

maestro
replies: 3 views: 901
maestro 13th May 2008

I have a 2 room studio, and in the mix room I have a small refrigerator for drinks and snacks for clients. The problem is the...

soundboy
replies: 5 views: 4,821
666666 13th May 2008

is it possible to soundproof a small room without losing a lot of space? i have a spare room and i m thinking to use it to...

tonyton
replies: 2 views: 1,187
tonyton 12th May 2008

Dear friends, Please help me to understand which is the best approach to my situation: 1st Option: No angle construction for...

nharmonic
replies: 8 views: 3,860
nharmonic 12th May 2008

Im going to set a mixing room up in this room... Has ceiling tiles and hollow drywall. How should I treat the ceiling and what...

Barznbeats1
replies: 3 views: 936
Barznbeats1 11th May 2008

I'm in the process of moving into a new apartment - nice place, great neighborhood, reasonable price - on the second floor of a...

zirconst
replies: 10 views: 1,279
DanDan 11th May 2008

Can I make two rooms within that space without compromising the acoustics too much? 20' long, 15' large and 10' high. I'll be...

djanogil
replies: 7 views: 990
djanogil 10th May 2008

Hello Folks I need some advices here. The situation is the following I rented an existint control room + vocal booth to...

IzzyRock
replies: 5 views: 1,064
Ethan Winer 10th May 2008

If i wanted to do some weird shape bass traps I would need to use metal frames of some type, something I could bend. Would it...

mdjice
replies: 10 views: 1,735
Ethan Winer 10th May 2008

Hi all, I just moved to a new apartment and have terrible acoustic problems so, it's been almost two weeks of reading great...

Mikiber
replies: 16 views: 1,355
DanDan 10th May 2008

I'm building a room within room structure on a slab (basement), the current plan is to have the inner walls be two layers of...

replies: 10 views: 7,535
Chris Kress 9th May 2008

LOG CABIN/OFFICE WITH T+G ROOF, FLOOR AND FELT SHINGLES on eBay, also Log Cabins, Garden Structures Fencing, Garden Plants, Home...

soundseeker
replies: 7 views: 1,497
soundseeker 9th May 2008

At this moment we're working at the heating systems which will be finished in a few hrs. The question that we still cnnot answer...

pedwin
replies: 3 views: 854
Disjointed 9th May 2008

Parellel walls, is this a good thing to have or bad?

Keyflo
replies: 10 views: 1,385
Glenn Kuras 9th May 2008

I'll be moving my studio into a converted garage that has an additional space attached to it which will be the control room. In...

NoizyNinja
replies: 7 views: 3,339
Eganmedia 9th May 2008

I have attached two images that show the basic layout of the room I can use for mixing. In the area designated for my mixing...

intellijel
replies: 2 views: 1,074
intellijel 9th May 2008

hello, my ceiling in my live room is painted concrete, and i want to acousticaly treat it as i dont like the sound of the room as...

tonyton
replies: 6 views: 1,340
Ethan Winer 8th May 2008

Starting from scratch with 3 bare Squash courts as follows: * Plans are drawn facing North. * 3 squash courts - Double...

tonymite
replies: 6 views: 1,188
jinksdingo 8th May 2008

I'll be tracking drums for a jazz/latin influenced hiphop group next weekend and finally will have a space bigger than my 12x16x8...

Drum9uy
replies: 2 views: 861
Glenn Kuras 8th May 2008

My drum room/live room is 14x22. The ceilings are about 9 feet high. Would room treatment such as 705 or 703 hanging directly...

Addact4G
replies: 9 views: 1,260
Addact4G 8th May 2008

iight..soo im in the process of building a booth...recently ive been seeing many different plans and most of them include som...

Cainmin
replies: 2 views: 916
mdjice 8th May 2008

Hello all. I'm looking for any suggestions for my small project studio and problems with my ideas. I would like to turn a...

chamfer
replies: 2 views: 2,028
chamfer 7th May 2008

My Overheads are picking up way too much reflection of the drum kit off of my 8ft ceiling. What would be a quick way to solve...

acdctom92
replies: 5 views: 953
bpape 7th May 2008

Hey all, So, I've been finishing my basement and I'm getting ready to move into a studio down there. The room isn't great...

synthdogg
replies: 10 views: 1,051
bpape 7th May 2008

Hey guys! I was wondering if you guys could throw your 2 cents in. This is going to be my control room for my new studio. As...

doolang
replies: 8 views: 1,290
Glenn Kuras 7th May 2008

Hi- I am building a new studio and have decided on the basic construction layout, but I have a question about soundproofing. I...

woliver
replies: 4 views: 913
DSD_Mastering 6th May 2008

just wondering... how much reverb should a small live room have? i know the room i ve got will never be perfect because its not...

tonyton
replies: 3 views: 900
Ethan Winer 5th May 2008

I had some comments about improving my room another thread...I have posted pictures but I wanted to take it here... Anybody have...

Nostalgic
replies: 2 views: 784
acdctom92 4th May 2008

I'm saving to buy my own studio space but its going to take a couple more years so I need to rent an office or industrial space....

DreamSound
replies: 0 views: 1,134
DreamSound 4th May 2008

Hi all... I've been a long-time lurker, but this is my first post. I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. It's not...

Blake Eiseman
replies: 3 views: 1,663
Spookym15 4th May 2008

Hi all, Going to build my studio finally. I’ve been reading and collecting valuable information on this forum and now it’s...

vonphilip
replies: 6 views: 1,014
vonphilip 4th May 2008

For a mixing and production studio (vox recording also) Is it better to have a walled off smaller studio space with a vocal booth...

billye
replies: 1 views: 1,048
Ethan Winer 3rd May 2008

I am looking to turn a 13X15' slightly irregularly shaped basement room into a room for tracking electric and jamming. No mixing....

LockStock
replies: 6 views: 1,562
timmcallister 2nd May 2008

I have recently moved into a new house and have setup my music studio in my attic/top floor which is above our bedroom. However I...

Arnold Rimmer
replies: 3 views: 1,244
Chris Williams 2nd May 2008

I have an issue with my studio. Im producing Progressive House, and Trance. Basically I have my Virus TI 'almost next' to my 2...

DarkPlasma
replies: 1 views: 1,061
JWL 2nd May 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search