The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everybody. First of all thanks in taking an interest in this. I would like to ask the community for help in treating my room...

mark.giller
replies: 1 views: 252
Bushman 1 week ago

Hi , I'm making my bedroom into a studio. I know it's not the best room acoustically but I'm hoping to make the best out of it...

cpjofarrell
replies: 2 views: 175
cpjofarrell 2 weeks ago

This is one of the biggest problems in my room, curious as to how you’d go about treating it. I’ll have a freestanding bass...

LeoRapture
replies: 3 views: 218
Kyle P. Gushue 2 weeks ago

Though I haven’t yet shopped around at different companies, I have about $1700 worth of treatment picked out through GIK....

LeoRapture
replies: 4 views: 244

Can you identify this diffusor? I have the option to take 8 of these off a friend. It's made of some mort of polystyrene....

edaub1
replies: 9 views: 399
andrebrito 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I have had so much trouble finding solutions to this problem, so please if anyone has a sustainable solution :...

RomainT
replies: 1 views: 192
Jason Foi 2 weeks ago

I'm sure you're familiar with the style I'm referring to, with the walls filled with some kind of absorber (usually glass wool...

MF_Kitten
replies: 7 views: 305
avare 2 weeks ago

Hello all! First Post. I'm currently building a studio in a 30 x 20 room with 10' Ceilings. Its a live room / Mixing room in...

levijesse
replies: 5 views: 202
levijesse 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm currently renovating a home studio and installing new power sockets in the room. I have some lightwaverf smart sockets...

rfpm
replies: 0 views: 182
rfpm 2 weeks ago

I'm setting up a new room which I'll use primarily for mixing, but occasionally for recording small instruments and misc. objects...

mightypants
replies: 9 views: 309
mightypants 2 weeks ago

Hi, I´m building a mixing room. The room is small but with some hight and windows(!). Abrox. 4,5m x 3,8m x 3m. It is a...

ylinjohto
replies: 3 views: 287
ylinjohto 2 weeks ago

Hi all, as far as I know there should be no decay / resonance below the first axial mode. How is it possible (what are possible...

BT_1234
replies: 53 views: 1,410
BT_1234 2 weeks ago

Worth It ?

Hi Guys, i have the opportunity to plan my own studio room from scratch cause we build a new house. The tricky part is the...

Yamaoka86
replies: 97 views: 3,887
El-Burrito 2 weeks ago

This is a pretty basic question. Here is the equipment I plan to connect. I want to be able to easily reroute signals from my...

TomPaul
replies: 2 views: 192
LeoRapture 2 weeks ago

I just replaced the floor with vinyl plank a few days ago. It sounds wayyy more natural now compared to having carpet, but I’m...

LeoRapture
replies: 7 views: 239
LeoRapture 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm going to be recording drums in a small garage. I don't own the space so I can't really make any changes to the...

GunsterBermhenge
replies: 6 views: 308
GunsterBermhenge 2 weeks ago

Just wanted to know your thoughts on this, it was made almost all with hand tools, every joint cut by hand, used a bandsaw to...

pencilextremist
replies: 9 views: 360
pencilextremist 2 weeks ago

My basement has large sections cut out of the wall for a basement home theater. It's the short wall without the stairs, so it's...

baseggio
replies: 7 views: 235
Rick Dalton 2 weeks ago

I'm looking at purchasing some Knauf Acoustical Smooth Board to build my absorbers and bass traps with. after a good bit of...

thruhiker
replies: 4 views: 239
thruhiker 2 weeks ago

How did you do it? Did you build from the ground up? Did you convert a garage? How did you deal with permitting? Asking for a...

gitarplayntaylor
replies: 2 views: 237
gitarplayntaylor 2 weeks ago

So after years of focusing somewhat more on function than form, I decided that I would begin the process of upgrading some of the...

stringsibanez
replies: 54 views: 7,361
Kurt B 2 weeks ago

If the goal is to have zero destructive reflections at the listening position and yet keep some life in the room would these be...

psb_87
replies: 13 views: 409
psb_87 2 weeks ago

I was hoping to get some feedback on some material I'm using for reflection point panels. I was going to buy Knauf Earthwool...

OLDNOOB
replies: 0 views: 183
OLDNOOB 2 weeks ago

Hello, I have decided its time to try and do some room treatment. My space is 12 x 17 with 9 foot ceiling at its peak. The room...

OLDNOOB
replies: 2 views: 322
OLDNOOB 2 weeks ago

Please guide me to pick the right room for my home studio? My current home studio is a lovely room, but very irregular in...

MpaMusik
replies: 13 views: 320
thethrillfactor 2 weeks ago

Hi, I have a big (19' x 28') rehearsal space being constructed, that I use for rehearsing and sometimes some recording of my...

jabraham
replies: 7 views: 205

First of all, I'm a noob to this room acoustics, just have some little knowledge. and it is not against somebody's work. I...

Darkray707
replies: 4 views: 344
psb_87 2 weeks ago

Anybody have any experience with the Primacoustic GoTraps? I’m thinking they’d solve a couple of different functions here...

bgood
replies: 15 views: 1,203
Ox Han 2 weeks ago

I'm building up a 20' x 28' 'rehearsal studio' for my 10ish piece horn/percussion band. That is, the main focus for the room is...

jabraham
replies: 0 views: 141
jabraham 2 weeks ago

I recorded a 45 min video tutorial for bass trap building and polyester panel mounting. If you live in Australia, I have even...

Dan Oz
replies: 0 views: 173
Dan Oz 2 weeks ago

Hey. I moved into a new house and am making a RFZ in my living room. I'm single so yes, I can put my music stuff in the living...

Obe1
replies: 2 views: 273
Obe1 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I’m a pro drummer living in Los Angeles. In the last 4 years I’ve lived here, I’ve rented out a practice...

Drummer1995
replies: 1 views: 197

I'm building a bunch of absorption panels and I'm starting to think about the different ways to mount them to the walls. These...

Drakaland
replies: 3 views: 387
Drakaland 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I'm definitely not new to the forums and I'm sure some of you may have seen my posts here a few times, but I'm no expert...

VenVile
replies: 30 views: 2,244
VenVile 2 weeks ago

Thats the room. Orginally made this video for a freind but it shows the room and the neighbours location (at the top away from...

beatsfromthesun
replies: 11 views: 423
12ax7 2 weeks ago

Hi Folks, Some time ago I posted a question in search of a way to make acoustic panels without having any DIY skills or tools....

PepeLuis
replies: 16 views: 810
PepeLuis 2 weeks ago

I want to know which would be better a Hard back ceiling cloud Angled or no back at all No angle?

nickalpha
replies: 7 views: 228

Hello everyone. I am trying to decide where the set up a basic home studio. I have two rooms to choose from. One room is about...

jon boy
replies: 4 views: 351
jon boy 2 weeks ago

Is a gap between my ceiling cloud a huge deal? My ceiling has studs every 12”, but the stud rows don’t allow for me to place...

LeoRapture
replies: 5 views: 265

I made a QRD 1D diffuser and put it on the backwall, it seems to have made the overall sound brighter, not something I expected...

pencilextremist
replies: 1 views: 183

Hi, I'm looking for some advice for a small dead room I'm trying to build to record drums, percussion and various...

Muskman
replies: 3 views: 213

I’m kind of a newbie when it comes to room treatment so I apologize if this is a dumb question. I recently bought 12...

ferrini41
replies: 11 views: 380
Starlight 2 weeks ago

Hello guys. Im new here and im sorry if I make any mistakes. So my concern is my room size. I'm building a room for audio purpose...

muskaan
replies: 2 views: 229
muskaan 2 weeks ago

I’ve worked in studios full time my whole life but never built a professional home studio. Pops and I are building our own...

jml designs
replies: 24 views: 1,247
gitarplayntaylor 2 weeks ago

I was looking for soundproofing material on google and I found this. And I wondering, is true? Maybe someone expert could explain...

funkface42
replies: 6 views: 270
funkface42 2 weeks ago

I'm moving to a new space and want to convert the double car garage into a performance room recording space. The walls are half...

oldsoulsound
replies: 0 views: 184
oldsoulsound 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone! Another long time lurker here with my own room and set of questions! :) My room is 350 x 420 x 290cm (width x length...

EikkaKuikka
replies: 3 views: 483
EikkaKuikka 2 weeks ago

Hey all, So I’m in the process of setting up a new mixing room. Dimensions are 11x17x7. The room currently has thick...

LeoRapture
replies: 6 views: 218
LeoRapture 2 weeks ago

I moved into a new space about 6 months ago that afforded me with about 1800 sq feet of studio space (most of it a large live...

bkb911T
replies: 5 views: 465
johannburkard 2 weeks ago

Hello, I’m in the process of moving my studio to a new space. The new room has a few obstructions and wondered if someone...

Djkirk
replies: 1 views: 256
johannburkard 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search