The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! Got offered a really cheap tiny room to make music in. I have barely the basics of knowledge when it comes to room...

whoismarcel
replies: 3 views: 350
Berndalen 1 week ago

I'm running a pink noise generator out of Pro Tools at unity gain thru a Focusrite 18i8 to a Yamaha PC4002M with NS10-MX...

eddie01
replies: 3 views: 221
eddie01 1 week ago

Hello! I think I have a good solution for placing studio monitors on a desk. BACKSTORY My room is too small for monitor...

VoLuminous
replies: 7 views: 410
seedee701 1 week ago

Hello, Im having some trouble getting rid of comp filtering coming from my desk. Im sure its my desk because when I put some...

ocelot12
replies: 16 views: 2,657
Jens Eklund 1 week ago

I’m designing my studio desk at the moment. I will have my speakers (genelec 8040a) on sand filled stands just behind the desk....

elasticc
replies: 4 views: 286
Jens Eklund 1 week ago

Was so saddened to learn that Boggy had passed last year, and am truly hoping his unique approach to small room acoustics will...

Boxtone
replies: 0 views: 171
Boxtone 1 week ago

Finding the best spot to place my kick drum in my room, and was wondering, based on this description below of low end nulls and...

dmac660
replies: 6 views: 290
thethrillfactor 1 week ago

Hello guys, as per title how would you judge the measurement of my listening room from the sweet spot? I attached the 2...

Miracle1980
replies: 8 views: 334
seedee701 2 weeks ago

Hi, I've recently bought a Yamaha HS7 for my bedroom home studio and as the title says, I have tough time positioning them...

Rocket128
replies: 1 views: 246
alexwizz 2 weeks ago

I did some tests with Ultratouch in the past and was impressed when placed in the front corners and 1st reflection points...

mlbchitown
replies: 1 views: 214
seedee701 2 weeks ago

Hey guys I have moved into a new place and my studio space is super reflective for most frequencies. I have attached a sketch...

jpetrou
replies: 3 views: 310
seedee701 2 weeks ago

Hello, i would like to make 2 diffusers, 1st is 120x20 cm, 2nd is 60x20 cm. I'm currently trying to calculate them with this...

Stopons
replies: 0 views: 150
Stopons 2 weeks ago

Hi all, This has always confused me. If a monitor sitting on a meter bridge is assumed to cause a reflection off the desk...

bukman
replies: 4 views: 2,796
elasticc 2 weeks ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 881 views: 341,602
thirdflr 2 weeks ago

Hi Guys! I need help here. I must move out from my old small studio to a new one. Place is in my house/garage. I will have...

danchi
replies: 13 views: 448
coreyspencer 2 weeks ago

Hi people, I am just finishing off my project studio (not professional, so very low budget) I purchased the Sonarworks...

Muskman
replies: 155 views: 2,722
akebrake 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I've recently embarked on a studio build in a cow shed in Wales UK. It is a breezeblock construction, and had thick,...

Roadrecords
replies: 6 views: 334
Kyle P. Gushue 2 weeks ago

Hi All, I've just come across this forum and thought I would introduce myself and the acoustics show myself and my friend...

dan_Noise_Buster
replies: 0 views: 173
dan_Noise_Buster 2 weeks ago

I’m nearly at the end of my studio build, and I’m looking to get my desk sorted now, but I’m afraid of making mistakes...eg...

elasticc
replies: 0 views: 162
elasticc 2 weeks ago

I'm looking to build my own studio desk. Right now I am using an old teachers desk that is huge and heavy. The flat surface is...

RedTone
replies: 0 views: 187
RedTone 2 weeks ago

Background I am a former musician (trumpet primarily) trying to set up a useful listening room for recordings. With my experience...

Trass
replies: 0 views: 156
Trass 2 weeks ago

Hello! I just moved into my new rooms and I treated my control room heavily with big bass traps, broadband absorption and a...

48Nord
replies: 14 views: 530
thethrillfactor 2 weeks ago

Hello to everybody, I live in a communist flat in Eastern Europe. All the walls, floors and ceilings are thick concrete. I have...

pathtonowhere
replies: 4 views: 256

Hey guys I'm putting my music studio in an oddly shaped living room. I could use some advice on which side my desk/monitors...

MikBeats
replies: 5 views: 205

I'm moving into an apartment building (I will own the unit) and bringing my recording studio equipment, amp, MIDI keyboard, mics,...

bethpetta
replies: 3 views: 221

Could someone please tell me why people build LEDE rooms still? Also, for mixing isn't a RFZ with only absorption on the back...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 72 views: 5,567
gasare555 2 weeks ago

I'm thinking about making a spare little studio in an empty room. It's 6x8 with 9' tall ceilings. If I put my desk against the 6'...

N1Greg
replies: 47 views: 901
Mayhem13 2 weeks ago

Hi folks, I'm writing to ask for advice on room treatment. I have recently moved to a new house and there's unfortunately only...

melindro
replies: 5 views: 519
Bushman 2 weeks ago

Hello, I have a pair of Adam Audio A7X on stands. I wonder if isolation pads will do any improvement? Or if isolation...

gorguts6
replies: 1 views: 187
Jason Foi 2 weeks ago

First of all, sorry for my english. I know this is not a purely room acoustic post since I don't talk about bass traps or room...

just_manu
replies: 65 views: 1,765
Mayhem13 2 weeks ago

Hi, I have a control room with Genelec 1037c and I have run room eq and want to know if my results are good or not. I appreciate...

Shenen
replies: 31 views: 1,172

Hello, I currently have my monitors on very heavy Atacama stands filled with atabite, and these stand on top of a concrete...

flextone
replies: 2 views: 187
flextone 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, My wife and I are turning our bonus room over the garage into a music studio. The main room is 11x24" with...

NeveSSL1
replies: 1 views: 186

I moved to a new office space. I'll be mostly recording screen-casts here / but also hoping to do some recording here at...

sheriffderek
replies: 1 views: 491

I've recently moved to a new house which has a basement that I'm planning to use as a multipurpose music room. It's basically an...

Morgan Colgrave
replies: 1 views: 171

Trying to keep the title short makes it a little vague, but here's the idea: Let's say, hypothetically, that I intend to...

MF_Kitten
replies: 13 views: 445

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I'm a composer who primarily works on headphones and checks on speakers. The...

thrush
replies: 2 views: 165
thrush 2 weeks ago

Hey all, I still consider myself a newbie with studio and production stuff, but I am always learning. So if I am not explaining...

baconmusic
replies: 2 views: 194
RightOnRome 2 weeks ago

Hi this is a great forum to understand a lot of things about room acoustics. Now I would ask you how the monitors performs vs...

fafalio
replies: 1 views: 182
dinococcus 2 weeks ago

I have read a lot of conflicting info. Are symmetrical rooms really inferior for recording and mixing?

attaboy_jhb
replies: 18 views: 2,877
Tonezone 2 weeks ago

hi Need to treat 13m2 room for speech recording, text readers, up to 6 readers simultaneous. Mics will be SM7B. Which, how many...

foler
replies: 10 views: 1,073
Starlight 2 weeks ago

Hi I'm wondering what wall fixings people use / reccomend. I have 25mm of plasterboard, then a 10-16mm clearance gap from...

TheAnt2002
replies: 1 views: 172

I was watching this video, which is ALL about acoustics and building a home studio. But then this guy chose to have...

stiman
replies: 44 views: 7,673
jtlauter 2 weeks ago

Say I want to know how much a sound is attenuated when it passes THROUGH a piece of foam or rigid fiberglass or plywood. Can I...

YTCrazyTieGuy
replies: 37 views: 8,429
avare 2 weeks ago

I'm building a room in the basement of a house that I'll soon be moving into. The house has a large unfinished open area where...

Burstwurst
replies: 51 views: 2,162
Burstwurst 2 weeks ago

Hi all! We just treated our spare room with some DIY bass traps and absorbers, so here are the first measurements. From my...

kuher
replies: 6 views: 415
johannburkard 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I have been saving to build my own home studio soon. I still can decide witch vocal mic I want to buy. It should be...

Ner00
replies: 4 views: 336
pencilextremist 2 weeks ago

Greetings, I am new to the forum and I would like to ask a few diffuser related questions. I have already read a fair...

german_audio_guy
replies: 9 views: 379
bert stoltenborg 2 weeks ago

Hi guys I am new here. I have done a lot of reading but still need some advice. I was on my way to building corner bass traps...

TimbaLand
replies: 1 views: 403
OLDNOOB 3 weeks ago

Hey All- I just moved into a new room that was advertised as being completely soundproofed / isolated. The room is constructed...

Shaggy2039
replies: 44 views: 1,769
Bitsmith 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search