The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If I build a solid wall where I have laid the steel stud on the floor (all the way to the back wall) and build it right up...

Starlight
replies: 2 views: 599
Starlight 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone. I'm building a dozen or so acoustic panels for my home recording studio (voice, not music) and I've selected denim...

turbine
replies: 20 views: 697
johnnyc 2 weeks ago

Hi I´ve been lurking here on the acoustics forums for a while enjoying the information and the confusion created in my...

oddur
replies: 63 views: 11,967
oddur 2 weeks ago

I've got 3 acoustic panels at 4 by 2' 3-4" thick. Each panel weighs 21 pounds. Ideally I would like to form a makeshift...

Donnyten
replies: 1 views: 485
Starlight 2 weeks ago

I have read a lot of conflicting info. Are symmetrical rooms really inferior for recording and mixing?

attaboy_jhb
replies: 17 views: 1,351
Soundman2020 2 weeks ago

Hello, Since high frequencies are directional and low frequencies are not, do I need to consider where to place bass traps in...

Mark Alpine
replies: 5 views: 616
avare 2 weeks ago

Hi Gearslutz! I've recently moved into a new place and want to build my studio in this room. The whole room is about 140 sq ft...

lifescrazy
replies: 2 views: 686
Noisewagon 2 weeks ago

This was given to me by my sister. I was going to buy IK ARC 2 but I'm thinking this should do fine. I mean they all do more or...

MustacheVerra
replies: 6 views: 511
MustacheVerra 2 weeks ago

Can 65 cm heavy brick walls isolate the sounds made by a truck or a bus passing by the building like literally 3 meters away from...

AlanWalk
replies: 7 views: 826
Jason Foi 2 weeks ago

Dear Gearsluts, I'm currently in the process of building my house which will include a home recording studio and I'm looking...

Eimeo
replies: 10 views: 2,309
shortyboyboy 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm trying to build some gobos like these for vocal recording: YouTube (maybe a little smaller, like 150cm/60 inches...

thelessiknowtheb
replies: 14 views: 2,025
Donnyten 2 weeks ago

hello you guys i just had a few questions and concerns about this whole idea i have of buying a wood shed from home depot and...

cesarortiz24
replies: 13 views: 1,988
Ox Han 2 weeks ago

I've read other posts where Ethan and Rod Gervais have suggested that 2 layers of plywood on top of either 703 or 705 (1" to...

kmbmotorshop
replies: 54 views: 14,943
Vank 2 weeks ago

Hi,. I am brand new to posting on here. This website has been a great asset to me over the years so thank you to all! I have a...

David 123
replies: 2 views: 590
David 123 2 weeks ago

I'm building my home studio in a 3m x 6m room off the back of my garage, and the main thing concerning me is that the external...

StephenJames
replies: 1 views: 359
Starlight 2 weeks ago

The outer walls of my studio are now up! Timber frame with OSB has such low mass. Was wondering if I should panel inside with...

Camsbuilding
replies: 2 views: 414
RyanC 2 weeks ago

I know this is occasionally a contentious issue but... We just moved to a new house. Brand new, first occupants. My recording...

SoundSlinger
replies: 24 views: 961
fredmant 2 weeks ago

Want to build a vocal booth on the cheap, are layered TOWELS wall to ceiling a good option for minimising external sound whilst...

Dalle
replies: 1 views: 439
Starlight 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I've recently moved house, and as such I have moved my studio setup. I'm in a cube room at the moment. I know that...

Trusko
replies: 62 views: 1,784
Mike Caffrey 2 weeks ago

Hi, This is purely a cosmetic thing so no biggie if it's going to affect the sound or cause an annoyance. I have a room...

D'Animation
replies: 0 views: 382
D'Animation 2 weeks ago

I have a small room (garage) which I'm about to transform into a studio. Since the length of the room is only 4 meters I don't...

Alphavoyager
replies: 18 views: 683
Alphavoyager 2 weeks ago

Hey guys. I'm putting the finishing touches on my live room, which sounds great and very balanced but is missing an extra...

PaulMac
replies: 12 views: 698
PaulMac 2 weeks ago

Hello all I have made my first acoustic measurements of my room (5 meters long, 3 meters wide, 2.2 meters height in front of...

gedna
replies: 23 views: 1,108
Matti 2 weeks ago

Just wondering about an approach to measuring isolation. Is it as simple as measuring a sweep inside the control room and then...

Carl Freeland
replies: 2 views: 460
bert stoltenborg 2 weeks ago

What's the best approach? Currently my nearfields (Neumann KH120a pair) are on a flat-top synth on a metal synth stand on thin...

fromthepuggle
replies: 9 views: 590
Soundman2020 3 weeks ago

Hi, I'm currently in the middle of building a basic vocal booth and am wondering what people do with the floor? I'm...

dickiefunk
replies: 22 views: 11,343
daninbluemd 3 weeks ago

So today I had an idea of using a really small closet for mixing. First of all, I already think this is a dumb idea, but some...

LemmyJP
replies: 11 views: 660
LemmyJP 3 weeks ago

I mean like completely completely soundproof it? Like sand bags from the floor to the ceiling or something?

AlanWalk
replies: 1 views: 537
Starlight 3 weeks ago

Hey guys just seeing what the cheapest brand of acoustic ceiling tiles are out there? I’ve seen Armstrong Sahara 2’x2’ with...

mikeyrad
replies: 0 views: 715
mikeyrad 3 weeks ago

I am moving in to a newly built space next month. The designer has built a run of workspaces along a corridor. They all have...

pinki
replies: 5 views: 492
pinki 3 weeks ago

I've attached a plan for the new production space I'm moving in to. It's on the first floor with nothing above. It's 13.5' x...

pinki
replies: 0 views: 27
pinki 3 weeks ago

Hi all! First post on here ? I’m building a timber (I know) structure in my garden. Room within a room completely isolated...

Camsbuilding
replies: 2 views: 513
Camsbuilding 3 weeks ago

Last year, I treated my 16 m² room with GIK panels. What I did helped a lot and I may invest some more there but the problems...

johannburkard
replies: 27 views: 1,445
johannburkard 3 weeks ago

Hi All, I am trying to come up with a good sketchup of the desk I want to build. Admittedly I have sub par carpentry skills, but...

JustinW
replies: 25 views: 4,196
Matn 3 weeks ago

Hi all. I think I need a bit support to improve my room acoustics. The room measures 3.7m (L) x 3.2m (W) x 2.7m (H) The...

Open Mind
replies: 3 views: 949
Open Mind 3 weeks ago

Quick question for anyone running version 4. I can't for the life of me find where to change the swept sine freq...

flex
replies: 0 views: 376
flex 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I am a sounddesigner working on feature films. Now it´s time for me to go from a little stereo studio to a 5.1 in...

TheodoraEriksson
replies: 1 views: 538
Soundman2020 3 weeks ago

I have a question regarding my L-shaped room. What kind of benefit (if any) could I expect to see by placing broad-band...

Mark Alpine
replies: 5 views: 539
Mark Alpine 3 weeks ago

Hi there, I am planning to built some broadband-absorbers myself. Right now I am using 10cm Basotect at the first reflection...

midmost
replies: 41 views: 3,387
Adhoc 3 weeks ago

Hi Guys! I finaly found a new place for building a new recording place. The place is in one piece - size: H:6m x W:8m x L:16m ....

danchi
replies: 2 views: 701

Hi everyone, I am embarking on a project to build a lightly acoustically treated bedroom studio, and would like to have some...

prorenzo
replies: 4 views: 931
Jason Foi 3 weeks ago

Hi, we have an acoustic treated CR L/W/H 3/6,26/3,10m The waterfall diagramm looks ok. There are no major dips. But it is...

Amadeus45
replies: 16 views: 867
avare 3 weeks ago

I'm helping a friend. Room within a room construction. Classic design. Existent wall is 14cm of concrete. We will fix first...

JayPee
replies: 6 views: 568
avare 3 weeks ago

Quick question: How sensitive are tuned bass traps to positioning? My <deleted> mode is at 65 Hz but the area around the...

johannburkard
replies: 10 views: 768

Hi all, I think I need a little bit support to improve my room acoustics. Here's the room with the table and possible speaker...

Lilith
replies: 53 views: 2,914
bert stoltenborg 3 weeks ago

Has anyone here used REW and other software. How does it compare? Please share your experiences as I am looking for an...

eljefe
replies: 7 views: 739
JayPee 3 weeks ago

Hi community Since some days i try find some research of how to calculate the dynamic stiffness of the air-spring between a...

mikahanau
replies: 22 views: 734
mpos 3 weeks ago

Hey All, I've been working to figure this out for a while, but have hit a wall. It's a combo kitchen, living room, dining...

therealbiltblay
replies: 0 views: 498
therealbiltblay 3 weeks ago

Hi all - long-time lurker, first time poster. After years and years, I've finally decided to turn our spare family room into a...

TheCarlough
replies: 2 views: 658
TheCarlough 3 weeks ago

Hello, you guys. Hoping you're all doing well. I barely know about studio designers and I want to find someone specialized in...

Nitrouspizza
replies: 42 views: 3,235
thechrisl 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search