The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Some piece of gear in my home studio is causing a short but I don’t know which one. How would I go about diagnosing this? I...

aerodynamics
replies: 6 views: 190
coreyspencer 6 days ago

I'm looking into treatment for my room. I plan to put front corner traps, side and overhead first reflection panels. However,...

orbita
replies: 4 views: 211
Bushman 6 days ago

Hey gang, I need to make my own TRS balanced cables for my powered studio monitors (Yamaha HS8's) And need to confirm i've...

tyerac
replies: 3 views: 168
tyerac 6 days ago

hi slutz, There are a few tube trap threads, thought I'd see what everyone thinks bout some other methods of DIYing...

Burgertime
replies: 5 views: 515
Burgertime 6 days ago

Hi All I have bought a mixing desk - Soundcraft B800 - and have to plan how to transport it from its current location. The...

johnnyalucard
replies: 1 views: 160
vintagelove 6 days ago

So I found these wall plates made by Seismic Audio. They have 8 XLR/TRS female connectors. I am thinking of getting 2 for each...

couzin2000
replies: 2 views: 265
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

I'm apartment shopping in Brooklyn and trying to get a good deal on a place with a basement. I'm mainly looking for a rectangular...

shvffle
replies: 1 views: 394
Jason Foi 6 days ago

Hey all, I'm extremely new to audio engineering and acoustics. I've been a lifelong musician, and with this forced time off of...

AliceWinebagz
replies: 21 views: 602
AliceWinebagz 6 days ago

Hello! I’m planning on constructing a 3x3m room inside a 4x4 or 5x5 ish meter room in the future and I’m writing down a list...

yodriges123
replies: 33 views: 549
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

Hello slutz, For my next room I have the space to build a "room within a room" (and the need...). I won't discuss...

JayPee
replies: 4 views: 196
JayPee 6 days ago

howdy hey guys! New here. So I know it's not this easy, but can someone help me out with where I should place some absorbers...

iamguitargeek
replies: 1 views: 201
Bushman 1 week ago

Good morning, folks! I am helping a friend design and construct a one-room recording studio in an existing shed. I would love...

Diakonos1984
replies: 5 views: 427
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

hello everyone. So, I have a low ceiling semi-finished attic space that is 2 similar rooms with a small hall/bathroom/staircase...

Sircalhobz
replies: 8 views: 288

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 72 views: 4,004
Jag94 1 week ago

I have very little experience with acoustic treatment but I just got a new place that has a small spare bedroom I can use as a...

cause
replies: 2 views: 212
stella645 1 week ago

Hey there, been really wanting a desk with built in keyboard tray for a long time. Started looking at the ones from...

motomotomoto
replies: 0 views: 178
motomotomoto 1 week ago

This will most likely have to be the wall behind where the desk would be (short wall, but the other short wall is next to the...

chrismilne
replies: 2 views: 206
chrismilne 1 week ago

Hey, Let’s say there was a 5-20cm thick layer of gravel covering the floor or inside walls, would this do good in terms of...

yodriges123
replies: 11 views: 302
Jason Foi 1 week ago

As the title says, I'm trying to improve the soundproofing on a door between units in a duplex. The targeted sound is mostly loud...

Phaedru5
replies: 10 views: 311
Phaedru5 1 week ago

Good Evening Slutz, I want to share with you a space that I'm working on treating. It's 17'x17'20' (approximately), and I'm...

deancain
replies: 1 views: 262
JWL.GIK 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I teach high school music and audio/video/music production. I just had a pile of 2x6s, roxul, 703 and a nice...

chiasson
replies: 15 views: 620
Jason Foi 1 week ago

Hi. I'm in the midst of a studio build and just thinking about the windows. The building has double glazing (4mm - 14mm gap -...

C247
replies: 19 views: 670
thirdflr 1 week ago

Hey All, I see a few of these threads from time to time about vocal booths and how to build them in closets and to deaden...

RedTone
replies: 4 views: 277
RedTone 1 week ago

I couldn't find any information on this probably because its a stupid idea but I enjoy not facing the wall while working (made a...

fusiqos
replies: 3 views: 332
fusiqos 1 week ago

We have a JBL reference microphone It came with our JBL LSR4300 system one of...

tha_lode
replies: 0 views: 147
tha_lode 1 week ago

Hello slutz! I have a very simple question : I will obviously create a triple leaf system by building a MAM assembly...

JayPee
replies: 2 views: 231
JayPee 1 week ago

as a musician spending too much time producing and not working in a well paid job, I just moved into a very small flat and bought...

henninghans
replies: 1 views: 262
JayPee 1 week ago

Hi All - don't post on here often, but always learning from the amazing information on here! I hope this is the correct place to...

theslingerland
replies: 15 views: 2,663
jeremyhorn 1 week ago

I’ve found some rockwool R80 for free that I was going to use to plug up a shared window I share with another studio room....

dmac660
replies: 5 views: 283
dmac660 1 week ago

Pragmatic question: Let's assume I have a relatively large room (30 square meters) with only small windows ( far away from my...

DirkP
replies: 1 views: 201
thethrillfactor 1 week ago

Is there any other way I can use acoustic tape- other than putting it in the wall or floor? I don't have those options right...

Estyz3
replies: 3 views: 164

Anyone used or had any luck with the Holdrite Hydroflame And Acoustical Sealant ...

thirdflr
replies: 1 views: 315

Currently I have my monitor speakers on my Zaor Gripracks on my desk. I know that this is not ideal. People are saying that it's...

RubenP
replies: 5 views: 292
replies: 2 views: 188
avare 1 week ago

Almost all advice about dealing with first reflections is to absorb it using panels on the side wall where the first reflections...

orbita
replies: 2 views: 166
thethrillfactor 1 week ago

Dear gearslutz community, I just finished the build of my new studio which is a wooden framed garden shed decicated to music....

TimGerets
replies: 5 views: 262
Jens Eklund 1 week ago

Hi I have just built a garden studio and have a load of off cut pieces of 100mm celotex from the wall insulation panels. I need...

foge
replies: 3 views: 272
thirdflr 1 week ago

sorry screwed up the pics on the first one. My room is both tracking/rehearsal and mixing. 30x14x8. You can see I have a good...

sleshnyc
replies: 0 views: 294
sleshnyc 1 week ago

My room is both tracking/rehearsal and mixing. 30x14x8. You can see I have a good amount of broadband absorption on the walls,...

sleshnyc
replies: 0 views: 127
sleshnyc 1 week ago

Since there are many studio builders here I thought I'd ask this: I need new monitor stands, and the ones from Output are...

noah440
replies: 0 views: 190
noah440 1 week ago

There is a VERY similiar garage conversion project here: 2 Car Garage conversion to studio. Looks like the OP does not post on...

In The Mix
replies: 11 views: 1,460
Jag94 1 week ago

Hello! I'm thinking about building my own corner bass traps. The front side would be roughly 24 inches in width and have...

dramis
replies: 46 views: 9,846
dustcloud 1 week ago

Hi, just seeing if having one of these bass traps in each corner of the room will do a good job on taking the bass? Will be...

Mick98
replies: 6 views: 339
dinococcus 1 week ago

Hi All, I have moved into a smaller room which is 3.0 X 3.6m (ceiling 2.49m) Need to control bass resonance peaks at 70hz and...

mpearce38
replies: 3 views: 359
mpearce38 1 week ago

I am installing two dual-10" Bag End subs with an ELF processor. This is what I have, I need them to sound their...

smilinjames
replies: 11 views: 2,394
Lolito 1 week ago

I'm making some bass traps out of single-wall corrugated cardboard boxes filled with Roxul Safe-N-Sound batts. A few of these...

dcrhythm
replies: 6 views: 2,745
indiroobbinz 1 week ago

Hi all just wanted to share with you the on going acoustic treatment for a small home studio space roughly 4m deep * 3m wide *...

jazztronaut
replies: 46 views: 1,299
jazztronaut 1 week ago

hey, any tips for buying a good but not too crazy expensive (not more than 1k euro) door for a studio in europe?

valeot
replies: 1 views: 248
Jason Foi 1 week ago

Common wisdom says that a subwoofer has to be positioned the same distance from the listener as the satellites to avoid timing...

dustcloud
replies: 9 views: 352
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hey all :) Jumping into treating a room to be mostly used for production. The room is small at 8' x 16' with 9' ceiling....

partdoux
replies: 3 views: 184
akebrake 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search