The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So I have this 10x12 Space that I am using to build my studio in. It's just for recording vocals and producing beats. I have...

YoungSingh
replies: 8 views: 2,285
phillipthe 8th 1 week ago

I want to build some gobos for my recording room. I've decided to have them fully absorbing on both sides. Each gobo will be...

nixoblivion
replies: 17 views: 1,216
shimoyjk 1 week ago

We have a studio in an old building and the creaking and other noises from the upstairs tenant make it into our recordings. It...

tapes
replies: 0 views: 299
tapes 1 week ago

Hello everyone! I am one step away from signing a deal for new house in which I want to build mixing studio. My worries are...

Dakoda314
replies: 6 views: 459
avare 1 week ago

So as of now I've watched and read about how to build an acoustical environment in a home studio. I guess I'll be starting from...

Str8representing
replies: 3 views: 299
johannburkard 1 week ago

I dunno how to call this room mixing, mastering or whatever, what I'm doing is rap beats. So the question is is it ok to have...

Str8representing
replies: 4 views: 414
Str8representing 1 week ago

Hi! My name is Daniel, im new here.. Few days ago i decided to open my own recording studio (on budget) i found place where i...

Szorek
replies: 0 views: 302
Szorek 1 week ago

REW was giving me reasonable results yesterday. Today, I get complete nonsense. What...

chrismeraz
replies: 35 views: 878
JohnPM 1 week ago

Hi. I'm building a studio and I've been following advice from both Rod's book and John Brandt's youtube videos but I'm...

C247
replies: 6 views: 343
C247 1 week ago

hello i'm nixon i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm & powder...

datal4b
replies: 14 views: 535
datal4b 1 week ago

Hey fellow slutz, I remember reading somewhere that perforating the wooden frame on these panels allows for more air to reach...

Mike_MA
replies: 0 views: 293
Mike_MA 1 week ago

I live in South Korea and there are two main companies that do these acoustic treatment jobs.. I don't know which to choose...

qkrzazzang
replies: 0 views: 307
qkrzazzang 1 week ago

This is an unusual one. I want to record sounds and play them back through some sort of transducer/mini speaker that would be...

RickD
replies: 2 views: 392
datal4b 1 week ago

Hi. A have designed and built mastering studio, works fine, I can do work in it, but the problem is that I over absorbed some...

alexrj
replies: 8 views: 543
Adhoc 1 week ago

This may be a little thing, but... First off, thanks much to Soundman2020 for the GREAT...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 3 views: 397
johannburkard 1 week ago

Hi, I'm looking for fabric to cover my DIY bass traps. I live in Derbyshire and there doesn't seem to be any suitable supplier...

ChrisCummins
replies: 4 views: 991
beeboss 1 week ago

I’m about to be doing all new drywall for a residential home that will also double as a space for editing and sound production....

tmrws
replies: 6 views: 459
avare 1 week ago

Hi everybody, I'm planning the build of my new homestudio. I have a question regarding the placement of the speakesrs/desk...

david_sxb
replies: 0 views: 325
david_sxb 1 week ago

Hi folks, I have just moved into a new space. Shape wise and sound wise it's great, bar a metal door to my rear which rings...

bleaks
replies: 2 views: 356
pdiddy 1 week ago

Reposting a condensed version of a previous question due to no answers (probably due to long post). Will try to delete the...

drsoundsmith
replies: 2 views: 435
avare 1 week ago

i'm trying to find the best solution for some bass traps in my room. the dimensions are 9.3x6.2x2.4m. does the membrane...

mrc
replies: 3 views: 447
Ultrasonic_UK 1 week ago

I have an impressive collection of wood scrap from various projects that I would like to put to use. Would a skyline built with...

AudioWonderland
replies: 3 views: 456
Wenda_IDN 1 week ago

In 2019 we must have a better solution for absorption than that terrible grey foam stuff or building insulation, pink fluffy...

Carl Freeland
replies: 18 views: 786
Wenda_IDN 1 week ago

Hi, I wan´t to build a big skylinee diffuser. I will usse 5, 10, 15 and 20 cm´s columns. I searched on internet and got the...

memocn59
replies: 2 views: 455
yphs_mst 1 week ago

Hello people, Wanted to ask whether command strips can handle the weight of an acoustic panel that simply consists of 100 mm...

Andrew Schweppes
replies: 1 views: 336
nosebleedaudio 1 week ago

Hello i'm about to make bass traps for my listening room and searchign i found that awesome forum!! There's lot of info that...

zurbran
replies: 8 views: 473
avare 1 week ago

Hi guys I (or rather we... or she) have an oddly shaped room in the basement. It’s a rectangle but with a bay window. It’s...

Ninecows
replies: 18 views: 612
Jason Foi 1 week ago

Anybody have or know of any plans for a modular vocal booth? I'd probably want something like 4.5'x6'x7' (yeah, sounds like a...

Dohreetoh
replies: 0 views: 318
Dohreetoh 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
Mellowboy 1 week ago

I make woodworking YouTube videos that are primarily filmed in my tandem garage, which also doubles as a workout area. I've been...

UAMike
replies: 3 views: 441
Harrow 1 week ago

Hi Everyone, I've been a long-time lurker but this is my inaugural post here in the acoustics section. I am a...

rmccam
replies: 6 views: 764
JayPee 1 week ago

Say I was able to find a hole pattern for a binary amplitude diffusion panel that is 2' x 4'... Could I just make one out of...

HostaMahogey
replies: 4 views: 610
Mr. Adams 1 week ago

So i currently have my vocal booth setup with 6 inch bass traps with filled with rockwool. i have 2 on the back wall behind the...

octanemedia
replies: 3 views: 461
robert82 1 week ago

Hellooo, finally I feel like I’m starting a real thread! I’ll soon be moving into a basement with two others and need to...

matt_ew
replies: 3 views: 471
RyanC 1 week ago

I hope you'll enjoy listening to this. Interviews | Interview - Andy Munro On Studio Acoustics & Room Treatment A...

kodebode
replies: 5 views: 681
Carl Freeland 1 week ago

I have a semi-treated small (11.5ft by 7.9ft) bedroom studio and have been running some tests in my room using Room EQ Wizard,...

rostopchin
replies: 3 views: 402
rostopchin 1 week ago

Any good contractors for soundproofing a garage in Los Angeles (Pasadena/Arcadia area)? There are like thousands of companies,...

In The Mix
replies: 0 views: 300
In The Mix 1 week ago

Hello, community This is my very first post here. I ve been saving some money for a while and now I am ready to invest, but...

calinpaul
replies: 4 views: 367
Bushman 2 weeks ago

I will be re-doing my studio room with everything new. ------------ To get an idea of what to do, I looked at Dave Pensado's...

qkrzazzang
replies: 0 views: 353
qkrzazzang 2 weeks ago

I know the best is Guilford, but it isn't easy to get in Europe. I am installing 40cm of fiberglass to cover the whole...

chrismeraz
replies: 5 views: 519
Glamrock80 2 weeks ago

Last year, I treated my 16 m² room with GIK panels. What I did helped a lot and I may invest some more there but the problems...

johannburkard
replies: 14 views: 894
johannburkard 2 weeks ago

Hey guys. I am happy join to you. Well i have a bad room and i am searching for the best possition to my speakers. I try to...

Cycleman
replies: 11 views: 574
johannburkard 2 weeks ago
replies: 3 views: 313
jaygetsum7 2 weeks ago

Dear slutzrockout I have been looking out to fix the room modes recently. The room treatment has to be done firstly but...

Darkray707
replies: 43 views: 1,836
aer_uk 2 weeks ago

My kid's old mattress is a fairly dense organic cotton, 2 layers x 2" each. See attached image. Can I repurpose these as...

vladmalik
replies: 4 views: 883
llinacruise1467 2 weeks ago

Hi folks! I have been researching for years and its never made sense to invest so much into a space but I "think"...

Octopussy
replies: 15 views: 594
Octopussy 2 weeks ago

Hey Guys, Im really happy to write this post to you. I have my own home studio in Brazil and unfortunettly there arent...

Flutu Music
replies: 3 views: 489
pencilextremist 2 weeks ago

G'day guys. My apologies in advance as a few of the guys that I have read fairly knowledgeable responses from in previous...

CaptainBuff
replies: 11 views: 766
CaptainBuff 2 weeks ago

Hi all. Any additional tips would be great. I'm trying to be as cheap as possible, and also value mobility since I know I will be...

drsoundsmith
replies: 1 views: 339
drsoundsmith 2 weeks ago

I'm moving into a new house in a few weeks. I've been to it, but it's a 5-hour drive so I can't get measurements right now. I'd...

drsoundsmith
replies: 7 views: 575
drsoundsmith 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search