The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey, I'm an amateur audio engineer who has a room available that is 130 square feet, rectangular shaped, and has some...

AJZ
replies: 1 views: 576
sheggs 21st July 2016

We are building a house and have plans to build a 24x24 room under the attached garage. The room will be unfinished (budget...

Bloozelawyer
replies: 3 views: 416
adrumdrum 21st July 2016

Hey Guys.. I have just joined so please excuse if this has been covered elsewhere.. I just need a bit of advice on the best...

adrian39
replies: 0 views: 854
adrian39 21st July 2016

Hi I'm renting a qubicle room For my mixing studio. Dimensions are 3.75m * 3.75m * 3.75m, I know it's problematic. I treated it...

OL303
replies: 4 views: 433
OL303 20th July 2016

I am trying to calculate the reverb time for this room and then decide what materials to use to treat it. My reverberation target...

upper
replies: 6 views: 674
DPower 20th July 2016

i recently purchased some foam wedges for my walls and some traps for my corners. i definitely notices the wedges help deaden the...

bossdockins
replies: 21 views: 902
Glenn Kuras 20th July 2016

Had one of these machines and sold it on 8 years ago....got an old friend who I recorded with it and he wants the tapes run off...

steven ansell
replies: 0 views: 348
steven ansell 20th July 2016

I have a two-channel/theater listening room that is ~13'9" by 20'8" by 9'9". On the front wall/ceiling interface,...

shaynet98
replies: 0 views: 454
shaynet98 20th July 2016

Made 36 OWC 703 2x4' broadband traps. They're enclosed in standard Home Depot broken down corrugated cardboard boxes. I have a...

KrisMiller1982
replies: 3 views: 462
Starlight 20th July 2016

The front wall (behind the speakers) of my semi-pro control and recording room is fully covered with 30 cm (12") of...

bermudaben
replies: 5 views: 665
Glenn Kuras 20th July 2016

My recording room is completely sealed, save for two small holes - one sealed around a snake+HDMI cable, and one bringing in the...

audiothings
replies: 5 views: 663
OpusOfTrolls 20th July 2016

Is it possible to hang heavy items such as guitars on walls that are two layers of sheetrock/green glue attached to genie clips...

shadyru
replies: 2 views: 464
SteveGTR 20th July 2016

I have 3 vocal booth questions , Gonna build a 4x6 or 4x8 vocal booth made of wood studs & sheet rock , in an already air...

ScumBum
replies: 13 views: 1,187
Philip Olsson 19th July 2016

We're moving for a year or so, then will be coming back home. But while we're away this is the room I get to put my studio in....

*$%($*(@!!
replies: 2 views: 411
*$%($*(@!! 19th July 2016

Hello everyone, I've been reading Michael Pollan's "A Place of My Own" and it's got me thinking about building a...

Priapizzm
replies: 12 views: 774
robert82 18th July 2016

I've just moved into a 4 bedroom home with a finished basement and am looking to use the basement as a recording studio if it's...

Melciah
replies: 2 views: 839
RyanC 18th July 2016

I'm moving into a new (bigger) studio space next week and am after some advice as to how best to arrange my monitoring...

alanrigbeey
replies: 4 views: 535
diffusor.com 18th July 2016

Hi everyone I've just moved to a different mixing/composing studio room, and build a set of wall panels and corner bass traps,...

mario67
replies: 2 views: 555
sheggs 18th July 2016

Ok so I should ask a clear question because there are various different thicknesses. Here is a link to the page ISOVER...

eljefe
replies: 1 views: 415
DPower 17th July 2016

I have a garage conversion studio and have two 4" centrifugal fans drawing air from outside into the control room. The fans...

Oliver Sheen
replies: 9 views: 633
Sailboarder 17th July 2016

Hi everybody! I've been trying over the last 6 months to acoustically treat a vocal booth but I'm still experiencing a slight...

carryonsteve
replies: 0 views: 535
carryonsteve 16th July 2016

Hi guys, We are thinking of having our basement finished and I have wrangled 1 approx 12x12 space for my home studio. I...

lineofcontrol
replies: 1 views: 438
Glamrock80 16th July 2016

So, I have a 2 car garage with a cement floor and floor heat. It's extremely quiet, no air vents, and the floor heat circulator...

Bcsteene
replies: 4 views: 4,046
nortonn 16th July 2016

Hi there I have a single garage that I want to use for recording music and mixing. I want to build a room made of rigid (or not...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 1 views: 563
Hatchin 15th July 2016

Hi guys, Summer is ALMOST here and just about to order all the wood for mine and my sons garden mancave/music studio...

fl00die
replies: 15 views: 1,262
fl00die 15th July 2016

Hi guys Couple months ago I posted this...

kfir26
replies: 10 views: 654
Sailboarder 15th July 2016

I'm currently using a 2ft wide short shelf as my workstation to minimize SBIR from the desk surface - I even replaced the wood...

Obe1
replies: 7 views: 680
Obe1 14th July 2016

Hi everyone I've done re-arranging in my music room and with the worktop alongside the back of the room my Dad built to...

willowen100
replies: 1 views: 1,767
L-Fire 14th July 2016

Man....where do I even start. The thought of the whole process it took to make my dream of creating my own professional studio is...

TheDawg
replies: 10 views: 756
melopie 14th July 2016

Hi folks, I'm about to go about installing two large limp mass membrane bass traps on my back wall and was hoping for some...

PartHunter
replies: 4 views: 427
akebrake 14th July 2016

Hi All, Was hoping somebody could chip in with insight into sizing a ceiling cloud, basically whether bigger is always...

PartHunter
replies: 2 views: 728
Sailboarder 14th July 2016

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you my newly finished room and I graciously ask for your feedback on my frequency...

RobbyRob
replies: 14 views: 1,037
Sailboarder 14th July 2016

Hi all, been a while since on slutz and am back into recording. This time I want to spend as much as possible on treatment. I...

eljefe
replies: 20 views: 1,142
Milliken 13th July 2016

Anybody using these as studio monitors?

jesseklapholz
replies: 2 views: 537
avare 13th July 2016

Hi guys this is my first post on the forum, im moving to a new place and want to build my own studio so I need your help for...

iRatz
replies: 1 views: 635
Ben Dial 13th July 2016

Hey all, I was wondering which room would be the most ideal to work in, and also where you'd recommend the listening position...

nick-the-sax
replies: 9 views: 545
nick-the-sax 13th July 2016

Hi there, I'm doing a little bit of work on a room that I'm doing quite a lot of work out of, that has been treated in the...

alistair
replies: 2 views: 738
sheggs 13th July 2016

I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this theoretical question on absorption. If you have a room and you want to...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 13 views: 748
dinococcus 13th July 2016

I'm finally starting to try out room EQ wizard and get some real treatment done. Room EQ wizard shows that the left and right...

Sharoro
replies: 5 views: 579
Glenn Kuras 12th July 2016

Hi folks, I´m new to this forum and am very interested in playing and recording drums in my new relatively big bedroom (+/-...

lulauth
replies: 3 views: 422
Glenn Kuras 12th July 2016

Hi folks. I have this room. It is rather pathetic and want to know if it may just suffice for tracking guitar and some other...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 39 views: 1,251
DPower 12th July 2016

Hi All, I've got an unused room that used to be a mechanical room. It's dimensions are 9'x7'x8'. Two walls are poured...

Boytbpc
replies: 1 views: 531
Boytbpc 12th July 2016

Question for those who understand...I get that positioning your speakers in the middle of an untreated room will give you the...

csweet08
replies: 3 views: 568
sheggs 12th July 2016

Assuming I have a 8' thick wall to build in order to create the best isolation, would you fill everything with one material?...

raz_klinghoffer
replies: 3 views: 468
Hideki 12th July 2016

Hi guys Been setting up my man cave in the last 2 weeks, and I'm almost done. One of my problem I am in an office space and...

raz_klinghoffer
replies: 0 views: 373
raz_klinghoffer 11th July 2016

So I got my behringer ecm8000 today and started to make some measurements in rew. Somehow i could only use one monitor at each...

Ferrious
replies: 11 views: 954
Ferrious 10th July 2016

Hey guys so I'm rearranging my room around and right now I'm trying to get an equilateral triangle on my monitors. The problem is...

dannydawiz
replies: 10 views: 952
rds 10th July 2016

I know it's not really common for studio desks to be at counter top height but I figured some large studios with a large rack...

3rd Degree
replies: 4 views: 1,109
DanDan 10th July 2016

I'm having power run from my home main power supply to my garage. The present amount of power isn't enough to run a mini split...

unstruck
replies: 3 views: 450
stevelindsay 10th July 2016

I’m having trouble with some room modes in my project studio. The room itself is a ‘shoebox’ shape, measuring 5.38m (L)...

Skol303
replies: 18 views: 2,126
Sailboarder 10th July 2016

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search