The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have a studio that I'm happy with but I'm moving home and the studio will be an extra chunk of a drive away... and so I'll be...

OK GO
replies: 7 views: 1,065
OK GO 24th July 2017

I've attached some pics, maybe I can get some input from you guys... All I need to do is record acoustic guitar, vocals,...

Yusif
replies: 10 views: 722
DanDan 23rd July 2017

Hello all! Been a long time lurker here, and now need some guidance. I am going to apologize ahead of time for my bad use of...

noobnoise
replies: 4 views: 743
noobnoise 23rd July 2017

I'm looking for some insights on studio building costs to evaluate some new ventures. I realize i will need to eventually get...

johnnyc
replies: 4 views: 716
gwm 22nd July 2017

Hey gang, I'm a long time reader and a first time poster. I'm just about done with my home studio build, and I'd like to get...

Terrence Wayne
replies: 5 views: 554
Terrence Wayne 22nd July 2017

Have a fully treated & measured control room w/ clouds & all for mixing But it's a 35 min drive.. plus I'm more...

Yusif
replies: 2 views: 1,335
DanDan 22nd July 2017

Current room is framed and covered in drywall -- studs filled with safe n sound. There's some resonance to the walls when I knock...

dmb10
replies: 1 views: 667
DanDan 22nd July 2017

Hey guys, in my home studio, when I'm recording voiceovers or vocals, the sound literally sleeps through into the bedroom next...

CISUM
replies: 2 views: 496
Temple of Light 22nd July 2017

In a treated room how much additional bass energy do you want compared to mids and highs? Example: I have a 16' by 17' by 9.5'...

Dion818
replies: 19 views: 1,068
DanDan 22nd July 2017

Hey everyone! First post here after years of lurking. I finally took the plunge and am neck-deep in building my first studio....

wundurer
replies: 7 views: 697
johnnyc 22nd July 2017

So I decided to create a more general thread for people to ask about REW graphs. Since this is a popular software and many...

soundmodel
replies: 8 views: 725
JWL.GIK 21st July 2017

Before spending money and finding it to be a waste, I wanted to get a sanity check/recommendation. I am wanting to record male...

isreah
replies: 11 views: 870
JWL.GIK 21st July 2017

Hello, can anybody recommend some thin black laminate sheets that would work well for a studio desk that can be purchased online?...

Bierce85
replies: 2 views: 557
L-Fire 21st July 2017

This pertains to the removal of drywall from a finished room to prepare for construction of an inner leaf. The reason I ask is...

thechrisl
replies: 3 views: 516
DanDan 21st July 2017

Hi Could someone explain to me how to read the room mode type numbers? For example, I might have an axial mode at 48.58...

mexshef
replies: 3 views: 698
akebrake 21st July 2017

I love you all! Help me design my room!!! Please see attached for a picture of my empty room. I have included EXACT...

Mikeeyb
replies: 0 views: 448
Mikeeyb 20th July 2017

Hey, so I've been making and mixing my own music for a few years and have got good results in the past, some of my tracks convert...

Deleted e00b8bd
replies: 7 views: 693
Deleted e00b8bd 20th July 2017

Hi all, I'm going to be buying a house for the first time. I have a JTR Speakers Orbit Shifter LFU, and a couple JTR Noesis...

BreakAesthetechs
replies: 11 views: 681
legato 20th July 2017

Does any one have any recommendations of corner cube bass traps? I wanted to stack 2 GIK Tri Traps on top of each other, floor...

elasticc
replies: 4 views: 624
elasticc 20th July 2017

Hey guys, I am trying to fix my room acoustic treatment, and need help on ideas to fix the various nulls and dips. I have...

Mikeeyb
replies: 3 views: 808
JWL.GIK 20th July 2017

I've decided to build an isolation cabinet. I need it to be big enough for a Blues Jr., but then I may be using other amps or...

razorboy
replies: 3 views: 460
JWL.GIK 20th July 2017

I know this question has been raised a million times but i'm still confused after trawling this forum free field/diffuse//direct....

flicka
replies: 5 views: 452
Jens Eklund 19th July 2017

Hi, This is NOT a soffit mount speaker question, I promise. I know that I do not have the knowledge or skill to do that. And...

Grovestand
replies: 41 views: 2,683
Adhoc 18th July 2017
replies: 14 views: 1,003
DanDan 18th July 2017

I'm interested to know whether or not lining the ISO shell of a control room (internally) with a heavy membrane would do anything...

ashashash
replies: 2 views: 568
DanDan 18th July 2017

using extra bedroom as music studio would there be anything at homedepot to make it quieter (inside and outside noises)

TheThing
replies: 1 views: 479
JWL.GIK 18th July 2017

So in my other life I'm a building designer - I've had the unique opportunity to design a church building for a small...

Klimermonk
replies: 1 views: 469
JWL.GIK 18th July 2017

Hi there! I tested my room acoustics using REW connected to a Mini-DSP UMK-1 mic. I've attached the results here. I'm not...

DavT
replies: 6 views: 575
JWL.GIK 18th July 2017

I'm about to treat my room, starting next weekend. Before I start I want to play some songs through the system and record it to...

ostfisk
replies: 3 views: 676
JWL.GIK 18th July 2017

Hi All, My new room is 13ft across and 14.4ft long 7.2ft high. As you can see in the picture my desk is set up right at the...

edaub1
replies: 4 views: 649
JWL.GIK 18th July 2017

Looking to build a control room in a garage. It's 15x19' with a corner taken out for a bathroom that's in the main...

Barry Waves
replies: 2 views: 561
JWL.GIK 18th July 2017

I wasn't sure where to put this in the topics category so I just chose "General" Since there wasn't an...

FMG2012
replies: 13 views: 737
L-Fire 17th July 2017

I came across a shocking result when playing around with the online multi-layer absorber calculator recently. Apparently, higher...

brainditch
replies: 12 views: 1,052
mpos 17th July 2017

I was looking for guidance estimating the impact of raising the height of speakers might have in room response. Specifically, as...

Wayne
replies: 8 views: 835
chrismeraz 17th July 2017

As I was exploring other issues regarding the use of the online multilayer absorber calculator, particularly the pairing of...

brainditch
replies: 9 views: 976
brainditch 16th July 2017

I have a studio in my house with two roommates. My studio has French doors leading into kitchen/living room area. I want to be...

edaub1
replies: 2 views: 497
Grovestand 16th July 2017

Hi guys, I'm a DIY indie musician and am looking to track an album on my own and then take it to a pro engineer to mix. I...

Ivorysoup
replies: 2 views: 401
Ivorysoup 15th July 2017

After months of reading about different methods of doing DIY acoustic treatment, going to the library reading about acoustic...

Naisw
replies: 7 views: 963
Naisw 14th July 2017

Is it best to use a USB calibrated mic or an analog mic when using room eq wizard? I was looking at the behringer ecm8000. I...

elasticc
replies: 5 views: 1,855
DanDan 14th July 2017
replies: 2 views: 493
johnnyc 14th July 2017

Hey guys so i finished installing super chunks, cloud, bass traps in all ceiling and wall corners and first reflection point...

Dion818
replies: 7 views: 651
JWL.GIK 14th July 2017

So i did a search and couldn't find any information on this particular topic. I just finished installing my cloud. It's made...

Dion818
replies: 5 views: 916
JWL.GIK 14th July 2017

Hey JWL.GIK, I have a question or two about the DIY frames you guys offer... I was thinking by stacking and joining them...

Temple of Light
replies: 3 views: 447
JWL.GIK 14th July 2017

Howdy all, I have done a ton of research on this and have come to a bit of a head-scratching moment with regards to the...

Mike's Mix Room
replies: 10 views: 571
Grovestand 14th July 2017

I am going to flush mount my speakers which are the old JBL LSR32. These are 3 way passives, and the cabinets are the exact same...

sage691
replies: 2 views: 884
DanDan 13th July 2017

Hello, I'm based in Luton, England and I'm currently in the process of converting a spare room into a hobby studio. The room...

billion
replies: 4 views: 366
billion 13th July 2017

The title speaks for itself. I found a skyline calculator that gives me what i am looking for FR wise, but its...

kgveteran
replies: 2 views: 498
JWL.GIK 12th July 2017

Hey guys, I'm from Belgium and I'm about to build some acoustic panels myself and I was looking at some options online and...

asheshambasta
replies: 5 views: 981
DanDan 12th July 2017

Hey all, Does anyone know of any companies that makes affordable high STC soundproof doors? I hit up one place for a quote...

Kroc
replies: 6 views: 1,744
L-Fire 11th July 2017

I don't have much money and i'm in my bedroom so would you recommend that i get bass traps or acoustic wedges first?

Reuben13
replies: 4 views: 923
JWL.GIK 11th July 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search