The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Does anyone have an acoustician they can recommend in the Los Angeles area? After about a year of research and building, I have...

composerken
replies: 1 views: 493
Glenn Kuras 22nd June 2016

Hello everyone! I've been a fan and lurker of these forums for years and now I'm coming to you from my Juxtatone-specific...

Juxtatone
replies: 6 views: 420
Juxtatone 22nd June 2016

I have speakers on stands which come off the floor. I was thinking about putting some decoupling foam between the monitors...

Syphax
replies: 4 views: 567
Friedemann 22nd June 2016

Hi guys I want to get my speakers off my desk and put them on stands behind it. At the moment i have IsoAcoustic desk...

infernouk
replies: 58 views: 6,667
FabioFerreira 22nd June 2016

Does the air gap in a 75% solid CMU count as a leaf? Basically, is the below construction a triple leaf or quadruple...

Boytbpc
replies: 3 views: 513
Boytbpc 21st June 2016

Hi guys, My girlfriend and I bought a new house and my plan is to convert the garage into a home / project studio. At first I...

JPeters86
replies: 11 views: 933
JPeters86 21st June 2016

Hey guys, I'm in the process of designing my new home studio remodel. I'm currently in a 20x20 room above the garage with...

Paul C Johnson
replies: 4 views: 764
batlanyard 21st June 2016

Just moved my studio to a 2 car garage in Burbank. I'm looking for someone experienced to put in a split system and create some...

unstruck
replies: 0 views: 345
unstruck 21st June 2016

Hi there- I'm having a custom studio desk built out of reclaimed redwood- the back section of the desk will be raised and have 3...

musiquefreek
replies: 15 views: 773
musiquefreek 21st June 2016

I've been crunching some numbers for my room and put some of the data from IR586 into a spreadsheet. The attached document is...

Boytbpc
replies: 0 views: 337
Boytbpc 21st June 2016

I was browsing at the local Home Depot (I am endeavouring to build my own acoustic broadband absorption panels) and I could not...

Syphax
replies: 3 views: 754
jcjr 21st June 2016

Hello Guy to all engineers in the world! give me some advice on the best quality pre for the following mixer. (I would not use...

Fairlightcmi
replies: 2 views: 440
Fairlightcmi 20th June 2016

During my research of bass trapping a 10X12 room, I found this article or an i terview from an acoustics engineer: Why Your...

pye3.14
replies: 10 views: 1,091
avare 20th June 2016

I recently purchased a weird, awesome, fortress-like house with multiple outbuildings. The best and biggest building was used as...

DEUCE SLUICE
replies: 4 views: 563
Boytbpc 20th June 2016

So I have a bunch of random materials laying around the garage, such as old clothes, old linen, old jeans and foam pieces. Can...

iamkimosabi
replies: 19 views: 720
Boytbpc 20th June 2016

Good afternoon all I'm a newbie who is trying to create a studio for playing classical music (violin, viola, piano) and also...

devilz_soul1979
replies: 2 views: 479
Boytbpc 20th June 2016

Can diffusers be built using uneven blocks such as 1 1/2" x 3/4" ? I see most skyline or 2d diffusers being...

iamkimosabi
replies: 1 views: 428
mushroommunk 20th June 2016

Hi, I just finished to treat my new Studio and Im about to treat the ceiling because I have some flutter echo I have to take...

ocelot12
replies: 4 views: 512
akebrake 20th June 2016

Im trying to find an effective DIY superchunk trap. Some people say that a whole corner of 703 is too thick and frequencies will...

pye3.14
replies: 4 views: 592
pye3.14 20th June 2016

Im wanting to build custom desk for my studio - if I build in rack spaces and attach all my hardware, what could I use (like a...

BriSmi75
replies: 3 views: 480
Glamrock80 20th June 2016

Here's a walk thru of the creation of panels I made in our apartment, for use in a rehearsal space with classical voice and...

turiddu
replies: 3 views: 452
turiddu 19th June 2016

Im having peaks at 125hz and 150hz. Seems to be louder in those frequencies, and around 50 hz it's kind of low, but at 35-45hz...

iamkimosabi
replies: 9 views: 777
Hideki 19th June 2016

Hey all, looking for some ideas of ways to fill a gap behind a wall. It's the wall I face in my mastering room. There is a...

Joe_caithness
replies: 0 views: 316
Joe_caithness 19th June 2016

I have a big room available (total 200 - 250 square meters) the height is 3 meters and I have to enclose a part it of almost the...

alidav
replies: 2 views: 401
alidav 19th June 2016

Hey guys I'm recording mainly rap vocals Just purchased a TLM 102 (on its way) going through my audient iD22 interface running...

DementedLegacy
replies: 12 views: 1,529
jim1961 19th June 2016

Hey all, Just wanted some advice as to where I should place my remaining panels. Here's what I have right now: 2 tuned...

shane8002
replies: 7 views: 584
shane8002 19th June 2016

I feel like I've seen this come up somewhere before, either here or on Sayers but I can't for the life of my find it, so...

DrummerMan
replies: 7 views: 786
philsaudio 19th June 2016

I have had several studio spaces in my life and the most recent was a huge effort as I spent thousands of euro in treatment. I...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 53 views: 1,915
Alexho 19th June 2016

Just putting together my spec for my new room. 12.5mm or 15mm drywall? I'm reluctant to put a whole thread together as I've...

ScoobyDoo555
replies: 4 views: 491
rumleymusic 18th June 2016

Hello guys, this has been here before a while ago but tbh i'm still unclear with some things. I'm about to start the...

never
replies: 12 views: 910
never 17th June 2016

I am using a small room 9x10ft with 8 ft ceiling for mixing and recording (not ideal, I know). I treated the walls with foam and...

IcyLime
replies: 5 views: 1,017
Glenn Kuras 17th June 2016

Hi everybody, I'm just finishing up a new studio and I want to be ready for any kind of recording situation it may...

marcelorff
replies: 1 views: 366
SteveGTR 17th June 2016

Hi Everyone, Here is my reality. I record in a room in my basement. It is a multi-purpose room which is used as a home office...

sanjari
replies: 0 views: 329
sanjari 16th June 2016

Seeking help before I go ahead and make my living room look like an arts and crafts project gone wrong. In short...I wish to...

MANIFESTO
replies: 14 views: 1,061
MANIFESTO 15th June 2016

Over the last few weeks, I have been reading VPR contruction threads wherever I could find them. If the following info is...

korejekt
replies: 14 views: 1,865
robertopisa 15th June 2016

Hi All, Hopefully in the right place with this. I am about to start converting a small 2.3m x 2.3m space for studio use. In...

Teachmusictech
replies: 6 views: 585
Glenn Kuras 15th June 2016

Hello! I have a booth made of high density Rockwool (here: Geir's audio blog: DIY acoustic panels ) and I'm experiencing...

G-Sun
replies: 7 views: 693
Friedemann 15th June 2016

Hi guys I need to choose between 2 rooms for a home studio. I will have to buy new acoustic panels, bass traps ,etc. and each...

mypuresin
replies: 5 views: 447
Glenn Kuras 14th June 2016

Hello GS community! So I have a recording studio and any time I'm using a tube mic or a tube guitar amp I'm picking up...

musicmanca
replies: 4 views: 623
musicmanca 14th June 2016

hi i have just finished a 6'x6' cloud a foot or 2 in front of the listening position in my 8' high very well treated room. It...

hollo321
replies: 6 views: 549
hollo321 14th June 2016

So in theory I think that I like the sound of wood so I was going to build not only diffuser panels put of wood, but also...

Syphax
replies: 6 views: 585
Glenn Kuras 14th June 2016

Hey guys I’ve a few questions related to bass trapping. I’ve read on these forums that it is effective to use 4 inch...

marcwills
replies: 10 views: 764
marcwills 14th June 2016

I want to get Rockboard 60 for the early reflections but no one around here sells it. Will a single layer of 3" SNS do the...

Transcendence
replies: 16 views: 911
Sailboarder 13th June 2016

I just moved and the only viable place for me to set up my equipment is in the basement. The basement is oddly shaped and I'm not...

warmtape
replies: 9 views: 808
Sailboarder 13th June 2016

Hi everybody. I built a garden studio with wooden walls. There is no neighbours, so I don't need isolation. Only good acoustics...

Dislo
replies: 2 views: 386
Dislo 12th June 2016

Today, after nearly 9 years my association with RealTraps comes to an end. I have been laid off while the company undergoes...

JWL
replies: 3 views: 414
Kyle P. Gushue 12th June 2016

Hi, I find my room to be a bit up and down with bass frequencies, certain parts of the room bass sounds heavy, others not so...

elasticc
replies: 91 views: 6,578
Mike Caffrey 11th June 2016

Hey everyone, so I could use some tips on placing these two sound absorption panels. Put them further apart, so the left one...

HawaiiR
replies: 1 views: 415
FabioFerreira 11th June 2016

Studio La Fabrique in France where mix with the masters seminars are taking place has no treatment in control room. Instead they...

petergel
replies: 6 views: 651
avare 11th June 2016

Hi, my room is fully treated. I was taking some measurement and I noticed I have a spike at 1.3ms in my impulse response. I'm...

JSilver
replies: 9 views: 629
jim1961 11th June 2016

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search